i am so lost please help ive gotten into 4 server and i cant figure it out.... i get close to a town then obvi zombs attack me, and i cant use my axe?! knife?! i saw my firen playing this and thought itd be fun i know it will please help me get the hang of things! im done for tonight but lease help i know it cant be this hard......

Edited by banshee43

Press G to open gear. Right click your hatchet and click remove from toolbelt. Click left mouse button to swing. You can't attack with the knife tho, that is only used for gutting animals.

The hatchet will be on a thin strip of gear slots at the bottom-right of your inventory screen and, when unattached from your toolbelt (read the post above me), will be in your primary weapon slot (the one that has a picture of an assault rifle when empty). Don't run so often, stick to grass and stay off of roads.

I would advise not even attempting to sneak past the zombies in the mods current state

One cheeky little zombie will always spot you with his eagle eyes and tell all his friends around to come after you

anyways

Listen to the advice given above.

so im guessing the creators have common zombies sense.... do i need to raid buildings for medkits/canned food? sorry i am a complete noob. ill repay the favor when i can

Zombies don't have eyes. They have BINOCULAR EYEBALLS THAT RUN ON VERY CHEAP BATTERIES. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

rgds

ski

• Like 4

Zombies don't have eyes. They have BINOCULAR EYEBALLS THAT RUN ON VERY CHEAP BATTERIES. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

rgrds

ums

Wait I fixed it for you

• Like 1

so i have been joining games from 'play withSIX' but i just can't grasp the game. i need some help with joining beginner/noob servers. im a quick learner if i have the chance but i just cant.... im sure uve heard it b4 but please help

Search "ceasefire" in the search bar, it's a PvE server with helpful players and you can learn how to deal with zombies there. It gets a bit boring though after a while on PvE servers.

theres a ton of tutorial and help videos in youtube go check some of them.

Don't try and get spoonfed too much.

Your initial steps into DayZ are often the most rewarding - not knowing what to do and where to go. When you've figured everything out, you'll wish that you could relive your old ways once again.

• Like 1

Your initial steps into DayZ are often the most rewarding - not knowing what to do and where to go. When you've figured everything out, you'll wish that you could relive your old ways once again.

This.

I miss being a noob.

• Like 1

I often find myself running into walls headfirst in the hope of getting a bit of amnesia just so i can have a few days noobiness back.

so how do i make it so that the server will save my guy and inventory? Do i just have to abort the mission every time or is there something i'm missing?

I do not want all the information being handed to me.

Official servers will save your character data and placement across servers, custom servers will track their own player data. In DayZ Commander you have the option across the filter options to the right of the window that will 'Hide Unofficial' that way, until you're more familiar with servers you will always have your character.

Edit: You don't have to do anything special or end the game in any specific way for the server to save your character.

But I agree with Mr. Mouse, aside from a few little easy to miss things, like 'removing the axe from your toolbelt in order to use it as a weapon' (which I didn't know for months and months of playing) part of the beauty of the game is trial and error

Edited by GBTP

Find a server and stick with and your gear will save.