thebird956

Bad version, server rejected connection (but everything is up to date!)

I keep getting this error when I try to join a server. It does it on every server I try. And everything is up to date!

maybe you are joining servers that are out of date?

maybe you are joining servers that are out of date?

I checked the boxes on the side (hide wrong mod/arma2 version) of the DayZ commander window so I am pretty sure Im trying to connect to up to date servers

Edited by TheBird956

Download the DayZ Commander and search the server you are looking for and join. The DayZ Commander will start the mods that are you needing.

If it won't work, then your or the server files aren't up to date.

Download the DayZ Commander and search the server you are looking for and join. The DayZ Commander will start the mods that are you needing.

If it won't work, then your or the server files aren't up to date.

That doesnt really help me.

Im tryng to go in a Origin server, so I installed the DayZ Origin mod in DayZ commander with DayZ, DayZ+ also installed.

You have to change your Launch-Parameters from;

D:\Programme (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ

to

D:\Programme (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOrigins

You'll find this in the settings. After this press the " LAUNCH DAYZ NOW " - button.

Edited by BaconTrooper

Ive tried to put it in Additional Launch Parameters and override the DayZ directory with it, but it doesnt work (I also changed the hard drive letter so its where I installed it).

I dont think its only with Origin, because ive tried with a DayZ vanilla server and it does the same thing.

I have Arma 2 + OA on Steam, dont worry about that ;)

Edited by TheBird956

That doesnt really help me.

Im tryng to go in a Origin server, so I installed the DayZ Origin mod in DayZ commander with DayZ, DayZ+ also installed.

DayZ Origins doesn't work if you download it through DayZ Commander for some reason.

I had to manually download it from their website in order to be able to play.

- http://www.dayzorigins.com/

Uninstall anything that has to do with dayz. I had this happen before. Then re-install it

Ok, try this:

Start Steam as admin and start Arma 2 and then Arma 2:OA after this start the DayZ Commander as admin and re-install Origins, simple but effective.

DayZ Origins doesn't work if you download it through DayZ Commander for some reason.

I had to manually download it from their website in order to be able to play.

- http://www.dayzorigins.com/

Ill try that, but I dont think it will fix it, as I said, it also does it when I am trying to connect to as server that is not running origin, but the vanilla version of DayZ.

Uninstall anything that has to do with dayz. I had this happen before. Then re-install it

Lets say Ill do this if nothing else works, because it takes me 4 hours to download it on steam :P

• Like 1

Ok, try this:

Start Steam as admin and start Arma 2 and then Arma 2:OA after this start the DayZ Commander as admin and re-install Origins, simple but effective.

Ill try that

I was re-installing the DayZ Commander Mods (I deleted them all, so I can re-download them properly) and it told me that Arma 2 have the version 103419 installed. I installed the update before but its asking me again, so alright, I install it, and it gives me an error. The name of the error window is ArmA2 ACR Patch and the message is Wrong CD KEY. Im not sure what ACR is but I can only click OK, so thats what I do.

The updating continues and its done without any other error and the installation "console" if I call it that way, tell me it has been successfully installed.

Ive launched it with DayZ commander still in admin mode (Ive installed DayZ in the install tab, and installed Origin by copying the origin folder in the OA folder.

Aaaaaaand its still not working.

Oh lord, you kids are gonna kill me. Open steam. Right click arma 2, Select properties, Select Local Files, Select Verify System Integrity Cache. DO THIS TO EVERY SINGLE ARMA GAME IN YOUR LIBRARY!!! THEN!!!!! run every game at least one time through steam before you even think about touching dayz commander

HAR HAR HAR

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

That by itself won't work. You can verify steam til the cows come home. This helps, but it is not the whole story. Also important you run steam as an administrator. But what I found worked ultimately, to keep things on the straight and narrow was amarize which you can get at www.armarize.com and checks all your files on your mods for you. Even with all of that I still get kicks sometimes, there is no way round it.

doesn't seem like hes coming back, usually that fixes it, never download 3rd partie programs for dayz/arma such as something that moves and places system files, that's just dangerous

doesn't seem like hes coming back

What? I cant sleep anymore? RAAAAGE!! :P

I was thinking about that just before getting into bed, but it was a bit too late because im lazy and it was 1 in the morning... Ill try this right now.

Its still not working. So I am going to uninstall everything related to Arma and DayZ then re-install everything...

Thanks to Zgraph who helped me with teamspeak, now it works!

• Like 1

His problem was his dayz commander had the wrong startup parameters and he also didn't have direct 3d and Close dayz when joining a server.

Yours may be a different problem

Do what he did, install team viewer and i can take a look.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz
  • Like 2