Sign in to follow this  
auraslip

Bikes are the most common vehicle in the world. They should be everywhere!

Title says it all. The number of bikes in the world vastly out numbers motor vehicles. We don't realize it as much in 1rst world countries, but in other regions they are everywhere and are the standard mode of transport.

They really should be everywhere. In almost every house. This would be realism!

But, they need to be nerfed. The only bikes that go 40kmph are electric bikes! Electric bikes would be awesome in the zombie apocalypse if you had a generator, but I don't think that'd work in this mod.

Also, I'd suggest adding a bicycle repair kit. Bikes are extremely reliable, and repair kits are pretty simple. Just patches to repair flat tires. Maybe a chain breaker to repair and replace a broken chain.

This would make the game a whole lot less tedious. My hand gets sore holding down W. I end up just sticking a pen cap in my keyboard to cruise on autopilot. If you wanna say, "deal with running for 15 minutes straight - it's realistic," please re-read the part where I said bikes would be everywhere in a zombie apocalypse.

Bikes would make much sense, however, they shouldn't go too fast. I'd say about 30ish-kph for the standard bike on a regular road. However, look below.

I would have two types of bikes though: Standard and Mountain. Mountain bikes would be equivalent on dirt, grass, and roads in terms of speed, while Standards would go faster on roads but not be able to go as fast on dirt and grass. Mountains would be harder to find, but would also not go as fast as the standard on the road. Mountain bikes on the road would go more around 22 kph. Dirt for Standard bikes would only make it go 20 kph.

30 kph = 18.6 mph, 22 kph = 13.6 mph, and 20 kph = 12.5 mph (for all the Americans out there)

Just a suggestion for a suggestion. I greatly approve of using bikes in DayZ.

I'd rather keep bikes as something special, so they're more meaningful when found.

Zombiestubble, you are spot on about the speed difference between road bikes and mountain bikes. Those are a pretty good guesstimate of how fast you can go on bikes!

90% of the bikes out there besides the department store wannabe mountain bikes in America are road bikes. Defiantly should be hard to find mountain bikes in eastern europe.

This game bills itself as realism. What's more realistic; finding a bike in a house or a ww1 rifle?

Oh and another thing I just saw. A ton of those commuter bikes have generators on them for running a dinky little headlight. That'd be a cool feature to have to. Light only stays on while you're moving.

I think in a real zombie Apocalypse bicycles would be the number one vehicle to be used after the fuel pumps stopped working. Lets make dayz embrace that fact!

If there was a bicycle on every corner, Chernarus would become very small, very quickly.

Best to keep vehicles somewhat rare.

I think bikes are a great idea !

Anyway.. i think it would be rare, but appear more often than cars,as the majority of cars are broken on the street bikes should mett the same problem too.

At the least, could we have more bikes, but rare in working order? Keep repair kits quite rare too? Find them in shops and industrial areas?

Allot of damaged bicycles would be more attune to a post apocalyptic Russia

Very few fixed/working ones....

3 points for me:

- There should be spawning one in every city

- It should attract Zombies (and players) pretty well

- It should be very difficult or almost impossible to ride them on the post-apocalyptic high grass. You can just ride them on roads properly, up to ~30km/h

Given that riding a bike is a dinner bell to players and zeds alike, people who are saying that they want bikes to be rare are 100% wrong.

Put a bike in every city. It's a damn noob trap anyway.

Only because they are common doesn't mean they have to be everywhere...all bikes are in China ( both types ). I'd rather expect to see more motorcycles and smaller cars in an eastern european region than tons of bikes. Where i was born you hardly saw a bike in fact the only bikes i saw where the ones you could rent and ride on a very huge parking lot. Most were cars, jeeps, trucks and busses.

It's already suicidal to ride a quad....double suicidal to ride a bike that almost goes that fast. Most ppl will complain afterwards that they can't control them crash into something and die because they are too fast...the same happens with motorcycles btw...once they roll too fast you are a passenger. BIS handles the speed limit.

Reduce Jerrycans then you can raise the amount of cars on the streets, make ppl fight for fuel and food ( and ammo ).