Higgypig

The new "Hotfix" just ruined my game.

So there I was a few days ago, had two good weapons,lots of food,water, and lots of medical supplies, all the gadgets,doing VERY well for once.

Then this update comes,and thats all gone.

What the fuck rocket.

Oh well you lost your stuff, along with everybody else. Now quit complaining and go get more stuff.

I lost my stuff as well, your best bet is to go get it back. It was necessary due to the server crashes I believe.

If you get attached to your equipment, you're doing it wrong. Additionally - you are an alpha tester for a free mod, know your place.

Get attached to equipment when the game is more stable. For now, test it, report bugs. Hopefully that expedites the process.

This is one of the times that saying, "It's alpha" does apply.

Tons of people are going to loose their goodies many many times over by the time DayZ final is released. When/If it makes the hop to Arma 3 then theres going to be a lot more teething problems that need to be worked out.

I had the best gear I ever had and I lost it too with the update.

You don't see me complaining.

Dust yourself off and try again.

This is Day-Z, each of your spawning is a different non-linear story.

Its just waiting for a new patch because just played about 15 chars for 15min each and all I did was, get caught, run for 15min and decide to give up and try agian.

Just a shame because the AI in 1.7.1.1 and stealth felt better then most triple A games that try to implent it as a mechanic.

So there I was a few days ago' date=' had two good weapons,lots of food,water, and lots of medical supplies, all the gadgets,doing VERY well for once.

What the fuck rocket.

[/quote']

Woopity fucking woo!

If you get attached to your equipment' date=' you're doing it wrong. Additionally - you are an alpha tester for a free mod, know your place.

[/quote']

If you don't get attached to your equipment you're doing it wrong.

The attachment is what makes this game good.

Increasing the stealth difficulty didnt help either, half the time when entering a building from a prone crawl my dumbass survivor stands up and sprints,alerting the entire horde.

It also doesnt help that many of the servers are either not up to date, locked by admins to steal all the vehicles and hide them, or just plain buttfuckery like loosing military grade gear from a simple update.

I agree, the stealth is completely ruined for me, theres alot of "hardcor" players who think its great, but really, crouch running in a field should yield 20 zeds from a deer stand 1000m away

So there I was a few days ago' date=' had two good weapons,lots of food,water, and lots of medical supplies, all the gadgets,doing VERY well for once.

What the fuck rocket.

[/quote']

Alpha.

Not so worried about losing my gear' date=' just the unplayable lag at the moment.

[/quote']

Pretty much this. Can't wait for the optimization of the zombie AI. I must've aggro'd 20 of them in a small town and my FPS tanked.

From now on, I will reply to these types of topics with one word.

Alpha.

If you get attached to your equipment' date=' you're doing it wrong. Additionally - you are an alpha tester for a free mod, know your place.

[/quote']

This.

There should be a weekly patch with a TOTAL reset. Its in test phase this mod, IT IS NOT A GAME. (yet)

From now on' date=' I will reply to these types of topics with one word.

Alpha.

[/quote']

Please don't bother. Its not really useful input.

Those were the only supplies in the game forever. So sorry for your loss but that's the nature of the game. The fixes will always have cracked eggs to deal with, but I want a tasty omelette and not a poop sandwich.

What the fuck rocket.

[/quote']

My first mission when I lose all my gear is to take it out on survivors.... mac attack in cherno ;)

Alpha

Great and caring response from a great and caring moderator' date=' why even bother griff?

Should be a weekly patch with a TOTAL reset.

^^ This I totally agree with, mostly because you'll get the best results for testing this way.

If you get attached to your equipment' date=' you're doing it wrong.

[/quote']

Or

If you don't get attached to your equipment your doing it wrong.