Dagana

Mountain Dew Curse Stories

Not sure if this topic has ever been introduced and if it is someone please direct me to it, but im sure everyone knows of the mountain dew curse (its even discussed on the wiki). I wanted to start a topic where people could share their strange death stories that have come of finding mountain dew and not drinking it right away. Mine occurred a few days after finding some dew. My character decided to randomly dive off a cliff near Blunt Rocks. Then i started glitching through the ground and then i broke my legs and died. Luckily my friend was able to recover my items.

Again share a story if you have one or direct me to where they belong.

My cursed item is actually the coyote backpack, not Mountain Dew. Every time I pick one up, it's all downhill from there...

• Like 2

Found a Mountain Dew my Second day in DayZ was so happy, and right before I logged for the night. Felt good! Time to play again started up DayZ couldn't remember what server I had played on, no problem set filter to DayZ Only grabbed a likely server and spawned. Wow had all this extra crap I didn't want like a machine gun maps and more. Got the hell out of there fast. Noticed the recent tab in DayZ Commander and there was the server from the night before yay. Logged in opened my gear so I could marvel at my Mountain Dew and dream about when I would drink it........gone was everything all I had was a flashlight a bandage and some pain killers. In the Marines as a Tanker (mos 1811) it was the canned apricots in the c-rations that always caused bad luck. To this day I won't let a can of apricots in my home now I will have to add Mountain Dew to that list.

Edited by RollingLizard1

Well you die all the time in dayz, but people always remember the time they died most when they had a mtn dew. So its all a load of rubbish

• Like 1

Picked a Mountain Dew in a random house to the north, drank it and can't even remember how I died.

It's all lies. It's all LIES I tell you. There is no curse. No curse at all.

It's the people who want to keep all the mountain dews for themselfs (those gready sobs) who spread those false lies.

In fact, and this is the true story behind the secret, having a mountain dew in your inventory *increases* your hidden 'luck' stats by 0.07%.

So how does this work, you ask? Well, if you have 15 mountain dews in your *primary* inventory (this is the important part, you *must* have it in your primary inventory, not in your backpack; or else it doesn't work)

your 'luck' stats are at 105%. Everytime you'll find a lootpile it will spawn exactly the loot you need! Yes, it's true.

And, even better, if somebody shoots at you the bullet will miss. Try it. Just collect those 15 mountain dews and ask a friend to shoot you in the head. The bullet will miss. Yes, it is amazing, I know.

There is no need to thank me, this knowledge should be public information IMO. But I suspect those DayZ forum-admins will delete this post (again), 'cause they are all in on this conspiracy. They don't want you to know.

Not sure if this topic has ever been introduced and if it is someone please direct me to it, but im sure everyone knows of the mountain dew curse (its even discussed on the wiki). I wanted to start a topic where people could share their strange death stories that have come of finding mountain dew and not drinking it right away. Mine occurred a few days after finding some dew. My character decided to randomly dive off a cliff near Blunt Rocks. Then i started glitching through the ground and then i broke my legs and died. Luckily my friend was able to recover my items.

Again share a story if you have one or direct me to where they belong.

Scroll down to Curse of the Dew

I heard myths.. That if you open a Mountain Dew, the spirits of every man and women that once posessed a Mountain Dew is released from the can. Some say at this point the sky turns neon green and cans start falling from the sky. Some say... The spirits fly towards Green Mountain.

Last time I had possession of a Mountain Dew, I was attacked by a man with a hatchet in the middle of a large forest. Be warned people.. They are watching you.

This makes reading DayZ urban legends 100x more creepy and epic.

Mtn Dew curse is 100% real by the way. Also known as the Ministry of Dean conspiracy.

They put many toxic chemicals in the drink... Some are immune to it, but most aren't.

having a mountain dew in your inventory *increases* your hidden bad 'luck' stats by 0.07%.

So how does this work, you ask? Well, if you have 15 mountain dews in your *primary* inventory (this is the important part, you *must* have it in your primary inventory, not in your backpack; or else it doesn't work)

your 'luck' stats are at 1.05%.

Fixed. 0.07% x 15 is 1.05% increase to bad luck.