Stoddy15

Will DayZ be overshadowed by next-gen consoles at E3?

I'm also going to say that PC is like the HAM radio of gaming, while consoles are like an AM/FM car radio, Shure, you can play games on console, but with a PC you can do soooooooooo much more.

The new xbox will be about £400, you won't be able to build a PC to match that for the price mainly because AMD are pretty much giving the parts away to Microsoft.

Also remember most games developers will be developing for consoles not PCs, as an example IIRC BF3 sold like 12 million copies, only around 1.1 million of them were PC copies. There has been plenty of talk of these new consoles mixing things up a bit in the PC market.

There is no 'one is best' argument either, both have merits, I've flitted between the two for most of my life starting of on PC, moving to console, back to PC, back to console and now recently after about 5 years 360 gaming back to PC. Generally PC's have better/performance and graphics, but ease of use is a big plus for consoles, no drivers, no weird windows errors, less crashes etc etc.

Day Z won;t get 'overshadowed' at E3, its got some loyal fans who will go there just for that, you only have to look at the many subscribers that post comments about more dayz stuff from people like Frankie. At the same time the consoles will get huge exposure, as will games like Ghosts, GTA V, BF4, watchdogs etc. Who cares though? Is it going to really effect Day Z? A game like Ghosts will sell millions of copies regardless of how good it actually is, there will be a new one each year though,. Day Z ia barely at Alpha, it's a game that people will be playing in two years time probably even more, it will market itself.

Hit the nail on the head. ^^

To sum it up, we're all gamers, we all love to play games console or PC, we should be united as one, not divided! *Que epic speech music* B)

I forgot to say as well that for a little while games for both consoles and PC will be pretty similar in what they can do, and that's a good thing for PC gamers because it opens more options up for games, gets them more funding, developers will try to do more now they are not shackled by the old console architecture. We'll get better games IMO.

Its sad the majority of us here will have to rely on youtubers who may or may not record footage of E3. I doubt Spike(a television channel in America for those of you budding foreigners) will cover the DayZ standalone booth, but it'll be a real treat if they do. But still, it crushed my dreams when E3 became a closed event, invitation only. So, I'll rely on Jackfrags to give us some hopefully decent quality footage. They'll be others, but he's my favorite youtube uploader so I'll rely on him above all else.

Real gamers play on computer and dont give a shit about consoles, and console gamers dont give a shit about Day Z (problem is, they do, and this is why we have lots of codkiddies & casual gamers turning this awesome game into crap). So, turns out that I actually want & hope the next-gen consoles takes over Day Z and then we may get rid of all those people.

How elitist of you.

All hail the PC master race

HAIL!!

HAIL!!!

:facepalm: :murder:

The new xbox will be about £400, you won't be able to build a PC to match that for the price mainly because AMD are pretty much giving the parts away to Microsoft.

Also remember most games developers will be developing for consoles not PCs, as an example IIRC BF3 sold like 12 million copies, only around 1.1 million of them were PC copies. There has been plenty of talk of these new consoles mixing things up a bit in the PC market.

There is no 'one is best' argument either, both have merits, I've flitted between the two for most of my life starting of on PC, moving to console, back to PC, back to console and now recently after about 5 years 360 gaming back to PC. Generally PC's have better/performance and graphics, but ease of use is a big plus for consoles, no drivers, no weird windows errors, less crashes etc etc.

Day Z won;t get 'overshadowed' at E3, its got some loyal fans who will go there just for that, you only have to look at the many subscribers that post comments about more dayz stuff from people like Frankie. At the same time the consoles will get huge exposure, as will games like Ghosts, GTA V, BF4, watchdogs etc. Who cares though? Is it going to really effect Day Z? A game like Ghosts will sell millions of copies regardless of how good it actually is, there will be a new one each year though,. Day Z ia barely at Alpha, it's a game that people will be playing in two years time probably even more, it will market itself.

I agree. A good PC game has a life 10x longer than the average console game. Look at the Stalker series from 2007. Or Half life, Counterstrike, Age of empires. The list goes on of old games people still play. No one players console games from 2007

• Like 1

Yes but no.

It will be overshadowed by mobile platform, not consoles.

console kids will hate dayZ all they want is RUN AND GUN.

console kids will hate dayZ all they want is RUN AND GUN.

My brother is two years younger than me and won't try anything that isn't CoD. He doesn't even want to try Halo or anything. I did get him to play borderlands, but nothing PC ever. He has no reasons either expect, I don't wanna :facepalm:

• Like 2

Probably, I don't see why though. For serious gaming there is no beating the PC, end of story.

Edited by jovial

It doesn't really matter to be honest, DayZ will be there and people who care about it will get information out of E3 about it. As for the consoles I'm just glad gamingvis moving to a new generation and I can welcome all the new ips. Gaming was getting extremely stall there in the last year or so. When I found DayZ and ArmA it was like a million breaths of fresh air!

anyone else admire the fact Microsoft holds nearly all the cards regarding gaming. direct x, windows, xbox. If they chose to they could say no more direct x but why would they do that :P

Next-gen consoles..?

HAHAHAHAHA

agreed all they are is a leap for consoles. Edited by Blondedash

I think DayZ will be a little overshadowed by the PS4, and the XBOX one for the hardcore xbox fans only, but i don't think that it is particularly bad if CoD players won't get the chance to play the DayZ standalone, if you know what i mean

I like the thinned-out community as it is now, the real fans of dayz that didn't come with the dayz hype are way more fun to play with than the hipsters

Not that i wouldn't wish Rocket to make some money, if i had the money i would pay 1000€ for the standalone just to give the devs a positive feedback