Sign in to follow this  
bodycount

Mountain Dew?

I have searched high and low and have never found a can of Mountain Dew. Is it uber rare or non existent and I am just gullible? People keep telling me that it is in game but I am starting to think I was trolled.

Haha, that's quite a neat idea if it's true. Have some exclusively rare item that nobody would guess.

Seems to me that it would be just a Rare item for the fun of things or a way to add a rare collection. I've seen only 1 before and that was blind luck at the time. I personally like the coke cans, as I love coke!

• Like 1

One day, there will be a bartering system created by the survivors. Hold on to that dew!

• Like 2

They said to horde gold and silver. They said to horde ammunition.

They were wrong.

DO THE DEW MOTHER FUCKER!

I am a huge Mountain Dew fan IRL so I would shit kittens if I ever found a can in game.

• Like 1

Mountain Dew is ingame, it is rare, and has the following description (for those who haven't found one):

"An aluminium can containing fuel for all-night game development. Can be consumed as a regular drink as required."

(Which is why I think it's another case of odd Kiwi humour. :D)

I thought it was confirmed that drinking Mountain Dew is the only way to enable jumping in-game?

Edited by mynameismonkey

delete this

Edited by Guest

My mate and I found one last night on a body but didn't take it because we assumed it was just a normal drink and we had plenty anyway.

found 4 or 5 ....... in supermarkets and on z's i shot

only ever looted 1 to give to a firend (he didnt believe me) as the times ive found em ive already had 2+ water canteens so it was just a slot filler

I've had about 4 or 5 of them now. I've had one in my bags for almost a week as a good luck charm. It's working. I've won every firefight I've engaged in on this character with relative ease. I think I've only been hit once by an AK74 while I was zig zagging in between trees. I ended up hitting prone behind a stone wall, and lit the guy up as he was bee-lining straight for me like a charging bull without paying any attention what so ever to what I might of been planning. I almost felt bad for the poor guy. I just knew he was all excited thinking "Yes, I'm gonna get this asshole! ... WTF!!!"

Found one. Drank it even though I wasn't thirsty.

I thought it was confirmed that drinking Mountain Dew is the only way to enable jumping in-game?

No no, you need to find Red Bull to do that.

They are pretty rare, but you can find some sporadically. I've found them in normal houses and supermarkets.

Are you saying that after consuming Mountain Dew you found it easier to engage people?

If you read what I said, I didn't say that at all. I said I treat it like a good luck charm. It's purely coincidental that since I've had one in my inventory, I haven't lost a firefight. Placebo effect.

Mountain Dew in this game left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I showed a friend the game, and he found Mountain Dew. Over skype it was like "Him: Oh cool found some Mountain Dew - Me: Don't drink it! - Him: Too late." I felt like blowing him up.

I found one last night.

Second one I've seen in over 120 hours of DayZ.

dayz_mountain_dew_fullsize.jpg

Edited by Cyanyde