Sign in to follow this  
komoter226@yahoo.co.uk

Standalone modding support

Actually the main reason that modding won't be supported initially is to help combat scripters. Personally, I think modding has destroyed DayZ though, it's genuinely difficult to find a populated stock/vanilla server to play on these days. I can't wait to play the old fashioned way again. :)

I think modding has destroyed DayZ though

modding has destroyed DayZ

modding

Just have to find the humor with that statement on the DayZmod forum. I get what you guys are arguing, but I think you lay the blame at the feet of modding in an incorrect manner considering modding is the very activity that brought us DayZ in the first place.

In my humble opinion modding is an important and awesome part of the PC gaming experience that is too often cast aside for a host of reasons. Since the standalone will have a better lock on the game there could always be a submission process for any mod to be on the official server list allowing the devs to retain the feel of DayZ while giving the community the chance to tweak the game.

Two more posts until I prove I have wasted over 1,000 posts worth of time on a game forum.

Edited by Zombie Jesus
  • Like 1

rocket sais that in initial release you wont be able to make mods/maps due to script restrictions (blame the hackers) but hopefully later on release maybe at full release there will be steam workshop and things like that so u can mod and build maps

Yup, I'm definitely looking forward to playing with only the main hive available again. It'll be just like the good old DayZ! :D......

......it's genuinely difficult to find a populated stock/vanilla server to play on these days. I can't wait to play the old fashioned way again. :)

indeed

tbh they should of done deals with people who done namalsk and taviana. theyshould be stock maps in this. they have kept dayz going while this was being built and people tired of churno.

Actually the main reason that modding won't be supported initially is to help combat scripters. Personally, I think modding has destroyed DayZ though, it's genuinely difficult to find a populated stock/vanilla server to play on these days. I can't wait to play the old fashioned way again. :)

What?? Are you for real? DayZ would not exist without modding. And lets not forget it was modding that saved DayZ from the script kiddies when the official hive couldent handle them. If it wasent for modding and private hives dayz would have died long ago.

If you can't find a vanilla server I suggest you fix your filters there's plenty of stock dayz servers about.

A lot of butt hurt self entitled people here who think DayZ should be played their way or no way. I for one am glad of the modding and private hives as it extended the DayZ mod long past it's shelf life.

• Like 1

people in general are happy about private hives and such but the thing is there is no control over private hives and what exploitation can be done. i can honestly say that 99 percent of the servers i have ever played on i know the admin will be either watching with his admin tool where you going what you have what you are doing . also they give them self a coyote back pack a m107 or as50 and just happen to spawn or magicall find a heli first everytime just after a restart :lol:

so while private servers have prolonged the life they have also ruined the fairness or equal play of dayz. basically cause rocket cant control private servers its we do as we want so f off.

once standalone is out and this is all stopped oh my lord am i gonna laugh and enjoy the game again and see how many whiney people cant actually play without there special little tools to help them :)

not long now till skill plays apart again B)

• Like 1

tbh they should of done deals with people who done namalsk and taviana. theyshould be stock maps in this. they have kept dayz going while this was being built and people tired of churno.

who knows. the have "outsourced" some processes why not also to the guys who came up with the new maps?

it's not the modding what is the problem. it is the exposure of their code and scripts etc. to open doors for potential threats

basically cause rocket cant control private servers its we do as we want so f off.

Well who's fault is that? They tried it with them controlling the servers and we all know how that turned out??? It nearly killed the mod. It was a script kiddies wet dream, they could do what they wanted and the admins could do frig all but report them and hope something was done about it. (or ban therm and risk having their server blacklisted ROFL!)Meanwhile their servers were getting nuked on a daily basis.

Well who's fault is that? They tried it with them controlling the servers and we all know how that turned out??? It nearly killed the mod. It was a script kiddies wet dream, they could do what they wanted and the admins could do frig all but report them and hope something was done about it. (or ban therm and risk having their server blacklisted ROFL!)Meanwhile their servers were getting nuked on a daily basis.

That's because of the nature of the Arma 2 set-up which allows custom scripts (to encourage custom missions, modding etc). It was never much of an issue when Arma was a niche mil-sim with a relatively small (in comparison to DayZ) and loyal fanbase. The SA has a completely different set-up, that's what the devs have invested a majority of their time "fixing/developing" so far. It's not very sexy to read about but don't under estimate how important it is to the future of the SA or how much of an undertaking it was to achieve that.

Almost everything now will be handled server side, this rules out the injection of scripts and makes hacking a nightmare (many of the common "hacks" we've become accustomed to in the mod will now simply not be possible) because every action or script will need to be authenticated by the server, previously it was a case of anything goes and then trying to deal with retrospectively, that was a side-effect of it being a mod and any future mods (including Arma 3 ports) will face the same issues.

Now they've done that they can focus on adding content.

Edited by Fraggle

I totally agree to the having everything killed half the experience. Maps or mods with weapons a plenty kills off the survival edge. However one thing that has been shown by the modding community are new features that were never originally planned and implemented ideas that I think the standalone should listen up to and consider. Community cooperation is a must.

I really don't consider scripting hacking. Arma is just doing what arma was designed to do, your fighting against the nature of its design as a highly customisable military shooter open to accept people's ideas and whatever they want to do. But this will all change in the SA and for core survivors and people waiting to experience this all for the first time it's sounding very good indeed.

What?? Are you for real? DayZ would not exist without modding. And lets not forget it was modding that saved DayZ from the script kiddies when the official hive couldent handle them. If it wasent for modding and private hives dayz would have died long ago.

If you can't find a vanilla server I suggest you fix your filters there's plenty of stock dayz servers about.

A lot of butt hurt self entitled people here who think DayZ should be played their way or no way. I for one am glad of the modding and private hives as it extended the DayZ mod long past it's shelf life.

rocket didnt wanted the game to be easy, if you want an easy game, with 1000 vehicles, start with AS50 and this kind of shit, go create your own arma mod.

And yes, private hives destroyed dayZ together with the script kiddies.

Edited by lipemr