Sign in to follow this  
leonyn

Which Arma 2 version ? Steam or Non-steam ?

Hello, which Arma 2 version should i get to get the most out of this mod ? since im not a fan of steam i would like to ask if it works without.

2nd: whats the main difference between withSixx and DayZCommander ?

1. I'd prefer you get it with steam.

2. Get DayzCommander, it is easier to install the mod and look for servers. Withsixx will screw up the game sometimes so you can't play regular arma 2/ OA.

• Like 1

Steam is good, so I would go with that for ease of use.

Most people prefer DC, I do it the old fashioned way without any programs to help.

You can always buy from BIS directly but as I said Steam is user friendly and most DayZ players go with that.

• Like 2

but it should also work without steam + dayz commander right ?

Guess i will take the pill and try it with steam :(

Edited by Leonyn

Personally id stick with steam. Means you can install it on any computer without fear of loseing the discs and would be far easyer. Thats what im gonna be useing

• Like 1

Dayz Commander and Steam make for an easy way to play the game. I found Sixlauncher a nightmare, personally. DayZ Commander, you just click on the server you want to join. It updates itself, and updating dayz maps is easy on it too.

Steam is the easiest way to do it. All Launchers assume you use Steam. If you're willing to do a bit of configuring you could of course purchase it for any official retailer and it would work the same.

Tell you what; if you ever have a problem or question regarding how to use Steam, feel free to shoot me a message. I can also help you get up and running with DayZ if you need help with that too. My inbox is always open.

Edited by Rage VG

If ou buy it from Bohemia, it was, cheaper and is the same Steam download. ;)

Hello there

Buying it from the Bohemia store ensures all the pennies goto them.

But, personally I find steam just easier on the whole. It isnt as evil or "bad" as many make out.

Rgds

LoK

Once you start using STEAM (on any game), it's a much better experience. I used to not like STEAM a little while back but I've loved it ever since I started using it.

Edited by CS14

As Lok stated purchasing it from the Bohemia store, is cheaper and they get 99% of the money for it. The Digital Download/Steam is the way most people go about it. You can have the physical copy of it and run it though steam, again this is personal preference. Using Day Z Commander or Six Updater is option, but both make it easier to play Day Z, I personally prefer Day Z Commander over Six Updater. If you are using the physical copy, you'll have to do a little bit of configuration. I originally bought the Reinforcements pack way back in the day, physical copy. I have no idea where my disk or my map is. I bought Combined Ops via Bohemia, and downloaded it onto Steam, which is fairly simple to use.