dooks

Wire fence artifacts at night

date: 18/6/12 - 19/6/12 between ~6pm (18th) and ~5am (19th) EST

What happened: Artifacts coming form wire fence inside woods after moon rise. geometry stretching to infinity. Verified on multiple nvidia and AMD video cards including GTX 470, SLI 560TI, 6950, 7970, with a couple others I am not sure of. Shadows to low and HDR to low almost fixes it (not as bad as on high but still messed up).

Where: In woods, GPS cords will be provided to Rocket/devs by PM only, Sorry but camp is huge and meta gaming is allowed.

What I was doing: Just drove up to the tents. No lights on vehicles using NVG's, still happens with NVG's off and light source from vehicles , flash light, and flare were tested.

Version: Beta 98325 with 1.7.1.1 full update all files re-downloaded fresh on 18/6/12. Server was on 1.7.1.1.

Server: Again PM only.

Spec's: 1100t BE AMD hex-core @ 4.2GHZ custom water cooling, ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB 3 MOBO, 16GB G.skill ripjaws x 1600 9.9.9.24 (maybe 28 cant remember), Sapphire Dual-X 7970 OC @ 1215mhz core 1740MHZ RAM, XFX pro 850 silver PSU, Western Digital caviar black 1TB 7200rpm, Intel ssd (shitty old one windows only on it), 40" Toshiba LED monitor, Creative soundblaster x-fi titanium ( no cover model ), Tritton ax720 headset via spdif and usb for chat.

I only know a couple of the guys video cards they are listed above and I don't know what else they have in system.

Timeline of events: ~6pm we finished setting up the new camp in the woods just a bit away from the old on in the field. Daylight on server no issues. Left camp to head to NWAF for rescue mission ~10 of us. After rescue mission we all went to Berezino for cars and parts with various stops along the way. after finding atv's and a tractor we went back to camp and about 50m away from camp we saw the artifacts coming out of the woods and bricks were shat by all. This is likely caused by the moon light and shadows from the trees. Turning shadows and HDR to low helps alot but it still happens. Cannot re test as the camp disappeared tents cars fence and all. It is worth noting that this is the first time the group has seen this issue and we have seen many wire fences at night but none in the woods, mostly just at a door or inside a building.

Graphics settings used: Both resolutions at 1920x1080, all settings at max except AA which is set to high. FPS steady between 45-60 at all times.

The camp came back after a hard reset. Can confirm in low light (dusk no moon or stars yet) there are no artifacts on the fences. Will test again with moonlight.

The wire fence is now causing artifacts at all times even across a city. Confirmed by 3 friends who are playing with me. The amount of artifacts is very annoying and alot of times blocks out everything you see.

I'm getting this all the time since the reintroduction of the toolbox and wire fence kit.

I see it during the day/night and over large distances ie 2-3km away from the deployed fence.

I had this issue before but since toolboxes didn't spawn after >1.6 i didn't think it was an issue anymore.

It was the main causes of death to my 9 day old character(almost made it to leaderboard) as screen went all weird and then I crashed and the quad blew up.

AMD 6950 - latest drivers

i7 2600k

8Gb ram

ASUS P67 mobo

Same here ever since the latest patch I'm getting major artifacting from wire fencing kits. cherno somtimes is impossible to see in.

i5 2500k

GTX570

8Gb ram

Also getting artifacts displaying almost all the time with wirefences.

Running with a GTX 570.

Makes it pretty hard to see anything when someones setup more than one wire fence in an area.

I've been getting this during the day, someone appeared to have placed wire fencing across the entrance to the church in Cherno and in the cafe building as well - was getting the stretching to infinity thing.

Running an i5 2500k / Gainward 560ti / Asus P8P67.

There is video footage I have of it but it'll need to be edited down first.

My friend and I also get these graphics glitches when barbed wire is around, at any time of day.

Yup, I and the crew I am playing with experience this as well, regardless of nVidia/AMD gfx cards. Really annoying when getting close to areas where ppl spam razor wire, like AF/cities etc. We are running latest drivers/Beta/DayZ.

I tried to submit a bug report a few days ago when I experienced this when playing in Cherno, but I was unable to tell what actually was the issue. I suspected some kind of item because it only was visible when facing certain directions and at certain angles.

AMD 6770 with up-to-date drivers.

I have the newer beta build and have not seen anything similar to this today, but I was only playing on servers which were in the early morning.

Also getting artifacts, sometimes it's so bad that you can't seen anything in front of you.

Wire Fencing kits do this. Our base can be hell at night.

Same for me and all my clan. It seems if I am closer I loose it.

All settings on high. Lowering doesnt change it.

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2960XM CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M DUEL (Running SLI)

Few Screens for the problem.

arma2oa2012-07-0202-04-29-10.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0202-04-52-17.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0202-05-22-85.jpg

• Like 1