At the moment, to me, zombies aren't seen as a problem; just when snipers are looking for aggro, or getting trapped in a building. I think it should take less hits from a zombie to actually do any damage. I think this would get players to actually think before running into zombie-prone areas.

For instance: I am in Electro church and want to go loot the fire station Although I see five zombies just roaming the road between me and the fire station - Usually myself and other players would just run past the zombies into the fire station with nothing to worry about from future problems these zombies will cause, but with the more dangerous zombies players will have to evade running across the road - So instead of running across the road I run behind the church and through alley ways to avoid zombie "problems".

What I suggest is that zombies are a lot more powerful. Like a "Three-hit-knockout", this would enforce players to - like I mentioned - think about things before going through with them.

I'm not sure if I'm the only person who thinks this could be a potential game feature but I do think this would make zombies a lot more threatening.

Due to the power increase, I think the zombies would have to be slowed down a bit though. I was thinking maybe The Walking Dead style; Slow at first but when they're attention is gained from human life they gradually gain speed. I'm not sure how aggro would work. But I reckon they should be very hard to get rid of. Just my thoughts, thanks.

Edited by OllyHarris

In the Standalone zombies will be much more of a threat. They wont necessarily be stronger (i don't think) but they will be more numerous and harder to lose.

Better pathfinding and being able to run indoors will mean you wont be able to duck into a building because you know that the "How to be a Zombie" manual forces all zombies to walk indoors for some strange reason.

As for slowing them down? I actually think they should slowly gain on you.

• Like 3

In the Standalone zombies will be much more of a threat. They wont necessarily be stronger (i don't think) but they will be more numerous and harder to lose.

Better pathfinding and being able to run indoors will mean you wont be able to duck into a building because you know that the "How to be a Zombie" manual forces all zombies to walk indoors for some strange reason.

As for slowing them down? I actually think they should slowly gain on you.

Guess it's time to start reading my..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c2/Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg/180px-Zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

Sounds like SA is going exactly the opposite route.

I'm waiting for a nice devblog to sum it all up, but Rocket's said that zeds individually will not hit super hard, however their behaviour will make them dangerous.

Running indoors, attacking while running and chasing you in packs will all make for a happy-fun-time, I'm sure.

I also think they should gain on you. Of course, it shouldn't be impossible to escape a horde, just extremely feckin' difficult and/or terrifying.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

OP, I've seen zombies slowed to walking only, and even with dramatically increased hit damage, they are far too easy to get around and past. I think the answer is to both increase the damage they can take, spawn them in buildings and make them capable of fast movement while they are indoors. Most all loot spawns indoors, so running into a room or hallway crowded with zombies would be very interesting. Having to clear a building room by room would be very intense.

Sounds like SA is going exactly the opposite route.

I'm waiting for a nice devblog to sum it all up, but Rocket's said that zeds individually will not hit super hard, however their behaviour will make them dangerous.

Running indoors, attacking while running and chasing you in packs will all make for a happy-fun-time, I'm sure.

I also think they should gain on you. Of course, it shouldn't be impossible to escape a horde, just extremely feckin' difficult and/or terrifying.

I still think that while they should be able to get quicker and run indoors, hiding inside should be an ample solution if you were quick enough to duck somewhere. The zombie's sight is bad, but their hearing is good; so the strategy of quickly hiding somewhere they barely saw you get to and not making any noise hopefully still works to some degree. Otherwise, you'd have to rely on either; finding a weapon VERY quickly, getting some form of transportation faster than the zombies or run them into some other poor soul.

That being said; it's pretty easy of a tactic, so maybe it could require a little bit more depth (I.E. distracting zombies with a different sound while you're hiding, such as throwing a can.)

what zombies? i dont see any ZOMBIES in DayZ at all - if you are talikng about the in cities spawning INFECTED than YES - they shold be more powerfull and dangerous - making looting more dangerous and also rewarding!

Edited by quattro_ger

Zombie damage should be greatly increased imo. My typical approach to loot a town is to run to all loot spots and lose zeds in buildings/forest, sneaking is a waste of time. They often manage to hit me 2 or 3 times, but the damage is so insignificant at best I need a bandage and 1 canned food to fix it. Increasing damage would really make me be careful again and avoid detection at all costs. Another solution might be to allow zeds to run indoors.

One way or another they should be made harder. Maybe make military zeds take more damage before they drop, because they have BP vests? It would be cool if you needed to group with other players to loot heli sites or military barracks to have a higher chance of success.

he just wants an easier way to respawn because he spaned in kamenka

Touche' ..... Buttttttttt no