elementalgooch

Cannot install DayZ

Please help cannot install dayZ.

I recently purchased Arma 2: Combined operations on Disk. i have install both arma 2 and arrow head but have no idea how to play dayz.

i moved combined operations into my non steam games folder in steam but when i go to install dayz from the steam store nothing happens. help mee please

The Steam version will not work for you.

The DayZ Mod on Steam downloads a "@dayz" folder into Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\, NOT where you installed your CD-copy. (Which is where it needs to be.)

Download DayZ Commander and change the game location from the settings tab.

- http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Since you are using retail versions you will first need to patch ArmA 2 up to 1.11 and OA up to 1.62, it may require multiple patches depending on what version you are on now , for example if OA is currently on 1.50 you will need to update from 1.50- 1.60 and then again from 1.60-1.62.(you can see your current version on the main menu screen of both ArmA and OA.) You can get the patches from here: http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates

Once that is done:

1. Run both ArmA 2 and OA once to complete installation.

2. Download DayZCommander from http://www.dayzcommander.com

3. Run DayZCommander and click the "install/update" button from the top menu.

4. Click "Install" next to ArmA 2. Wait for the download and install to complete.

5. Click "Install" next to DayZ. Wait for the download and install to complete.

7. Filter "DayZ only" from the dropdown box on the left and join a server, if you want to play other mods/maps you will need to install them separately via the install/update menu.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

i did everything you said and when i try to launch days from dayz commander i get these 2 error codes

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'ca_dubbing_counterattack' :(

'bin/config./cfgvehicles/citizen1.scope

I am trying to play a Australian server. which dayz mod would i have to install?

Edited by elementalgooch

I vaguely remember people fixing that by copying their ArmA 2\Addons folder and pasting into ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Addons

The mods aren't region based, if you want to play DayZ you will need to have DayZ installed, if you want to play another mod you will need to install that.

• Like 1

yeah i found a youtube video explaining that but when i went to paste the folder into operation arrowhead it was nowhere to be found. i am about to reinstall OA to see if it helps.