Jas0n (DayZ)

Just a simple question.

Will the DayZ Mod work if I only and buy and download the ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead?

Thanks.

Edited by Jas0n

No; you need either ArmA II OR ArmA II Free.

Like said, you need ArmA 2: OA, and ArmA 2, or ArmA 2 Free.

I would recommend ArmA 2: CO (i.e. don't buy OA and ArmA 2 seperate, CO -combined operations- is just a "value pack" if you will, with OA and regular ArmA 2.

• Like 1

Like said, you need ArmA 2: OA, and ArmA 2, or ArmA 2 Free.

I would recommend ArmA 2: CO (i.e. don't buy OA and ArmA 2 seperate, CO -combined operations- is just a "value pack" if you will, with OA and regular ArmA 2.

What do you mean, buddy?

Sorry about my noob-ness, just found this game on youtube and other sites, I kinda' like it so I'm giving it a try, lol.

Edit: And what's the difference of using ArmA 2: Free and the ArmA 2?

Edited by Jas0n

What do you mean, buddy?

Sorry about my noob-ness, just found this game on youtube and other sites, I kinda' like it so I'm giving it a try, lol.

Edit: And what's the difference of using ArmA 2: Free and the ArmA 2?

What he means is if you are going to play DayZ, it's best to get A2:CO (Which is A2 and A2:OA in a bundle), instead of A2 and A2:OA as it saves money. But if you already have A2:OA, then buying A2:CO will just leave you with an extra A2:OA.

You can either buy A2, or get A2Free to get DayZ to work.

P.S: A2 = ArmA 2, A2:OA = ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, A2:CO = ArmA 2: Combined operations.

Edited by Rage VG

If you go on Steam, and search "Combined Operations" the first hit will be "ArmA II: Combined Operations".

ArmA 2: Combined Operations (also referred to as ArmA 2: CO) is a pack that for $25 will give you ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, and ArmA 2. You need both ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead and ArmA 2 to play DayZ.

Your other option, would be to buy ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, then seperatly download free version of Arma II off the web.

• Like 1

Your other option, would be to buy ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, then seperatly download free version of Arma II off the web.

This is the cheaper route, however you will have to deal with worse graphics due to the free textures, and you will probably have to manually configure DayZCommander or Play WithSIX to find ArmA 2: Free.

• Like 1

Arma 2 Is the fullgame and Arma 2:Free is a free version of ARMA 2. Not to sure if its worth even buying Mod at the moment though. They are Post on @rocket2guns on twitter (Dean 'Rocket' Hall's Twitter [Developer of Dayz]) that we could be seeing alpha for standalone soon. But im not to clued up on ARMA 2 Free. ARMA 2 CO is ARMA 2 Combined Operations, Which is Arma 2 and the expansion Operation Arrowhead which are the two things needed for Dayz mod.

As for the difference in ARMA 2 Free and Normal ARMA 2 I do not have a clue I think the textures would maybe be worse in the free version or something along the lines of that.

Oh, so If I only buy ArmA 2:CO I don't have to download and buy the ArmA 2:AO and ArmA?

ArmA 2: Combined Ops is simply those two games in a bundle. You'll get both of those games added to your Steam Library, it's just that's it's cheaper to get them together than separately.

I take a screenshot from the Steam Store, highlight the correct version to buy in PhotoShop, save the image, upload it, start writing this post and link the image...and at the preview just before posting, the issue's solved. :(

Edited by ApplejackDaniels

I take a screenshot from the Steam Store, highlight the correct version to buy in PhotoShop, save the image, upload it, start writing this post and link the image...and at the preview just before posting, the issue's solved. :(

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

You can still post it, brother. Something might break loose on my steps. :D

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it a lot.

If you aren't interested in Arma 2 itself, you may wanna wait for the full game first. The standalone version (as in, not an ultra-buggy mod) could possibly get it's release date announced tomorrow.

Deleted text

Why should I download the pirated version of ArmA II? It's like not supporting the Developers of this game. Edited by Inception.

Why should I download the pirated version of ArmA II? It's like not supporting the Developers of this game.

I wouldn't bother listening to him, he's just trying to get his jollies. Getting an Arma product through any other source than Steam or directly from Bohemia Interactive is treacherous ground, as 99% you either end up with a banned CD:key and less money in your pockets, with no hope of appeal. Sure Pirate Bay is "free", but you won't be able to play DayZ or any online play for that matter because you won't have a legit CD key, and you'll probably end up with a virus at the end of it.

As for your question, you do need Arma II in some form to play DayZ. You can get the free version and still get it to work, but if you look at the steam prices, it's only $5 more to get Combined Operations vs. Operation Arrowhead. So it really just comes down to, are better graphics and easier install worth $5? I'll leave that up to you.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon