Sign in to follow this  
jlkill1

Can this Computer play Dayz

I am Getting a pc and i want it to be able to handle Dayz. Will this computer be able to handle dayz and if so what graphics setting will it handle it on (30 fps).

Intel Core i3-3220 Processor

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 Graphics Card

Asus P8-H77-I Motherboard

8GB Samsung DDR3 1600MHz RAM

500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive

Bitfenix Prodigy Case

430W Corsair CX430 Power Supply

Windows 7 Home Premium

thanks

Please post this topic here in the Can I run it thread?

http://dayzmod.com/f...20#entry1336441

Threads need not be made for something like this when there is a thread where you will get those answers much faster

and to answer this for you

It will run it but you might get some serious problems from that core i3

And the G-unit is iffy -I say iffy because im a GTX guy-

Edited by leviski
  • Like 1

Please post this topic here in the Can I run it thread?

http://dayzmod.com/f...20#entry1336441

Threads need not be made for something like this when there is a thread where you will get those answers much faster

and to answer this for you

It will run it but you might get some serious problems from that core i3

And the G-unit is iffy

atleast it not my computer......

As leviski said, use the existing thread. But yes, you'll be able to run it.

Hmm.. Sure you'll be able to run it, but run it well? I don't think your specs are optimal. You processor is a decent entry-level CPU, however ArmA is quite demanding on processing power. Your graphics card is the other problem. It's mediocre. While you may not be able to play on max settings, you should be able to handle low-norm fairly well.

Just remember to set your post-process to disabled and keep your resolution and 3D resolution constant (100%).

ok thanks and to help with the speed and graphics setting what upgrades do you recommend

would it help if I upgraded the core to a:

Intel Core i5-3470 Quad-Core Processor 3.2 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53470

ok thanks and to help with the speed and graphics setting what upgrades do you recommend

A higher end i5 will do fine. A Intel Core i5-2550K will run you about $250.

For the graphics, if you want to stick with ATI, a 7870 and up will do fine. If you're also looking at nVidia, a GTX 480 and up is also a good option.

The GPU will run you roughly $250 - $400 depending on what you get.

So all up you're looking at about $500+ to run on high settings. Minus possibly selling the card you have now you could drop that to about $380 or so.

If i upgrade the graphics card to the MSI Radeon 7850 2GB and the core to a Intel Core i5-3470 should all the parts work fine together and have no issues. Also will it bumb up the framrates for games and let me play at a higher visual quality?

Such as there wouldnt be any overheating (case comes with a pair of 120mm fans) and would the ram be abe to cope with the heat or will that have to be upgraded to a version with heatsinkes

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by jlkill1

The i3 machine will struggle to hit 30 FPS regardless of graphics settings, which is unplayable IMO.

If you upgraded to an i5 3470 and 7850 you would see a pretty big performance increase as well as being able to bump your settings up a bit. Also, the i3 3220 and i5 3470 use the same socket so you wouldn't have to worry about getting a new motherboard.

If you have any more questions please use the Can I Run It? topic, which you can find here...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/136657-can-i-run-it-ask-here-2/