Sign in to follow this  
J0hnm13

A somewhat doable way to bring clothes into the mod

'Kay. So, after thinking back to one of Rocket's old dev blogs where they previewed some clothing, during which the inventory was hidden by funny pictures of Rocket's face over other pictures, I got to thinking as to just how they did the clothes. Than, I thought about the backpacks in the game we have now. The coyote backpack shifts and turns on your back slightly by your shoulders to follow the character's model/skeleton... How difficult would it be, now hear me out, to make "backpacks that are shaped like pants and shirts" that would center over your torso or legs and follow you as you went along, similar to how backpacks did, but overlapping your character instead of chilling on his back? I'm at least 98.2% sure this is how Rocket did clothes in the SA. All you'd need is a separate bit of inventory made for those particular "backpack clothing" slots to wear, and than clothing would be as simple as shaping the model and picking points to move with your player's skeleton.

...what?

I think he means pockets.

I'd like harsher weather and more clothing in the mod...to hard? Is it?

Edited by Trizzo

He wants clothes to be handled like backpacks. Pick them up and they pop onto you and magically conform to your exact movements.

Right now I'm "pretty sure" clothing is handled by killing/deleting your current player and replacing him with an identical player wearing the new clothes...

• Like 1

Right as it is, clothing is handled by creating another character, duplicating your inventory, transferring control, and deleting your old character. Whet Gews said is exactly what I meant.

Maybe, it would be a MASSIVE effort.