Lidskjalf

[SA] No snipers, no choppers.

Pretty self explanatory.

DayZ would be 1000 times better without these two things - it would reward those who spend the time to explore the world & those who are not scared of fighting head to head with other players. Don't let the pussies have their way - post back if you agree!! :D :lol: :D

Let the crying begin,

Lidskjalf :beans:

[Edit]: I do support having some kind of snipers like bolt actions, but not .50's.

Edited by Lidskjalf
  • Like 13

I love people who dictate you how you are supposed to play a game. Go ahead and make a petition with applejaxc about first person only.

Can someone clarify what it just said?

OP would like there to be no sniper rifles or helis in the SA ;)

OP would like there to be no sniper rifles or helis in the SA ;)

I understand that but, why?

Plus i like scaring people with my flying.

Well the OP feels it would "reward those who spend the time to explore the world & those who are not scared of fighting head to head with other players."

• Like 4

You sir, can have my beans - lol! :beans:

I thought this would be a suitable picture reply lmao

post-78802-0-76482000-1369506705_thumb.j

• Like 2

Should be no high power sniper rifles but at least DMR's and there would defiantly but the CZ 550 style hunting rifles etc.

• Like 4

Don't let the pussies have their way

Really?

• Like 1

I love this "cry's its not fair people keep shooting me from along way away cry's"

i mostly use M4's and AKs there better all round guns, but no, I don't think just because you don't like getting shot from long range that snipes should be removed

NO gun should be removed the spawn rates should be changed so 50 cals are a lot more rare, but sniper rifles exist and they are used in the army so they so they should be in the game and people like you should just suck it up

this game should be about realism the way the game should be balanced is by spawn rates not by removing any weapon

and as for removing helos you must be shrooming they are great fun, and are basically the end-game content for most people

I have just spotted that you only have 16 posts, that explains a lot,

been getting shot by snipers have you??

think snipers are pussy's do you???

its so unfair that they keep doing this isn't it?

NO it you're fault, use cover, use the trees (and i mean ALL the time), in towns and city's move house to house, cover to cover, stay low move fast, make you're-self hard to hit if you hear a shot run and weave, find cover, fix and kill or bug out

don't blame you're killer for you not being able to play yet, the learning curve in this game is EXTREME deal with it

Edited by King Tubbs
  • Like 16

No full auto weapons or scoped rifles in DayZ... And this game is supposed to be unforgiving.

Oh yeah and I do use CCO sight weapons for longer ranges too. M4A1's CCO hits 300 meter targets just below the dot.

Edited by Sutinen

The problem with the 50 cals is not the damage, but how insanely unrealistic it is to be carrying around a 30+ pound anti-material sniper rifle killing other survivors. These guns have no place in DayZ.

• Like 6

Okay, King Tubbs, I agree with you mostly, but...

NO gun should be removed the spawn rates should be changed so 50 cals are a lot more rare, but sniper rifles exist and they are used in the army so they so they should be in the game and people like you should just suck it up

By this logic, there should be tanks, fighter jets and nuclear subs in the game. I'm glad that the .50 cals are getting removed, because I don't think they belong in a zombie survival game, just like tanks, fighter jets and nuclear subs.

• Like 5

yes tanks and fighter jets should be in the game but they should be really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really rare finding one should be like its you're birthday

and think of this an abrams tank dose round 1.6 gpm (that is right 1.6 GPM NOT MPG) that's 2.75 miles per Jerry can and the tank takes 420 gallons on fuel that 95 Jerry cans!!!

a tank would be a team effort to run

plus ammo should be impossible to find to what you get what the tank is what you get full stop

the reality of it is that i am fed up with "realistic" games that worry about balance all the damn time, ether go real or go game don't go game but tell people it fucking realistic

like "realistic" games with cross-hairs

like "realistic" games with mini maps

like "realistic" games with no fucking kick on the guns

if it happens in real life it should happen in dayz

dayz like life is cruel, unkind, unfair and will some times make you cry and i say BRING IT ON

• Like 6

The problem with the 50 cals is not the damage, but how insanely unrealistic it is to be carrying around a 30+ pound anti-material sniper rifle killing other survivors. These guns have no place in DayZ.

i agree with you something needs to be done with 50 cals they don't sit right in the game, that means that you should change the way they work not remove them completely

they should make you move and run slower, use water and food faster and make you tired quickly giving you the shakes like you have been running when you walk

and besides the op wants all snipers removed

Edited by King Tubbs
  • Like 3

yes tanks and fighter jets should be in the game but they should be really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really rare finding one should be like its you're birthday

and think of this an abrams tank dose round 1.6 gpm (that is right 1.6 GPM NOT MPG) that's 2.75 miles per Jerry can and the tank takes 420 gallons on fuel that 95 Jerry cans!!!

a tank would be a team effort to run

plus ammo should be impossible to find to what you get what the tank is what you get full stop

the reality of it is that i am fed up with "realistic" games that worry about balance all the damn time, ether go real or go game don't go game but tell people it fucking realistic

like "realistic" games with cross-hairs

like "realistic" games with mini maps

like "realistic" games with no fucking kick on the guns

if it happens in real life it should happen in dayz

dayz like life is cruel, unkind, unfair and will some times make you cry and i say BRING IT ON

Nobody is saying that DayZ will have minimaps, or guns without recoil, and crosshairs do give you a rough idea of where you are pointing your gun, like you do in real life, it's just something that's not easy to model in-game.

But even if you did find a tank or jet, what makes you think a random civilian could operate such a machine? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that anti-materiel rifles would be so easy for someone without the proper training to operate, either. I, for one, really don't think that these things fit the setting. It's not just about balance, because I think that guns should be a lot more dangerous in general. For me, it's about what belongs in the scenario and what doesn't. I'd much rather see more civilian hunting rifles, double barreled shotguns, and crossbows, than hi-tech military gear and futuristic death machines.

• Like 4

Okay, King Tubbs, I agree with you mostly, but...

By this logic, there should be tanks, fighter jets and nuclear subs in the game. I'm glad that the .50 cals are getting removed, because I don't think they belong in a zombie survival game, just like tanks, fighter jets and nuclear subs.

Exactly.

Edited by Lidskjalf
  • Like 2

Nobody is saying that DayZ will have minimaps, or guns without recoil, and crosshairs do give you a rough idea of where you are pointing your gun, like you do in real life, it's just something that's not easy to model in-game.

But even if you did find a tank or jet, what makes you think a random civilian could operate such a machine? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that anti-materiel rifles would be so easy for someone without the proper training to operate, either. I, for one, really don't think that these things fit the setting. It's not just about balance, because I think that guns should be a lot more dangerous in general. For me, it's about what belongs in the scenario and what doesn't. I'd much rather see more civilian hunting rifles, double barreled shotguns, and crossbows, than hi-tech military gear and futuristic death machines.

errrrrrr there is 3 army airfields in the game how are army rifles out of place??

and am rifles are all bolt action aren't they you cant get much easier than a bolt action, if you cant use a bolt action then you cant use a pistol or M4 or AK

i agree with you something needs to be done with 50 cals they don't sit right in the game, that means that you should change the way they work not remove them completely

they should make you move and run slower, use water and food faster and make you tired quickly giving you the shakes like you have been running when you walk

and besides the op wants all snipers removed

My apologies, I should of mentioned at the beginning of this thread how not one person (if you're striving for realism) would dedicate their "live" to running around with a ghillie suit & an AS50, firing at other survivors in a Zombie Apocalypse. I am sorry, but I don't see ANY logical explanation for them to be implemented in the stand alone. I do agree that they should have the CZ or some kind of bolt action hunting rifle that you can find - but a .50 cal? The military weapons are WAY too common. It seems to me that the real criers are ones like you that are going to complain about not having snipers in the Alpha stage. Oh how it will be glorious! :D :D Edited by Lidskjalf
  • Like 1

I'm done with these posts, really, what if we can just find the sniper without a freaking scope and we need to find the scope? Or that we need to find something like a manual to operate the rifle, and that for shooting, we need to set the bipod, wait for the guy to stop breathing and then shoot? Less removing guns, + adding new mechanics and items to operate the guns please. My 2 cents. Can't believe I typed this in a iPhone 0.o

• Like 3

errrrrrr there is 3 army airfields in the game how are army rifles out of place??

and am rifles are all bolt action aren't they you cant get much easier than a bolt action, if you cant use a bolt action then you cant use a pistol or M4 or AK

I'm saying they are out of place for a zombie game, not an area with airfields. I think you'd be more likely to see tanks and jets there, I can't imagine that .50 cal rifles are just lying all over the place at a military airfield. And what are you talking about, anti-materiel rifles being bolt-action? The M107 and AS50 are both semi-auto, and what I meant was being able to sprint with them indefinitely, being able to hold them upright for as long as you want, operating them in close quarters effectively, and being able to use them effectively at a distance.

The point is, I don't think that the .50 cals have much of a place in DayZ, because I think a more civilian themed arsenal would be better with things like military assault rifles being very rare, and a military sniper rifle would be an ultra-rare treasure.

• Like 3

I love this "cry's its not fair people keep shooting me from along way away cry's"

i mostly use M4's and AKs there better all round guns, but no, I don't think just because you don't like getting shot from long range that snipes should be removed

this game should be about realism the way the game should be balanced is by spawn rates not by removing any weapon

and as for removing helos you must be shrooming they are great fun, and are basically the end-game content for most people

I have just spotted that you only have 16 posts, that explains a lot,

been getting shot by snipers have you??

think snipers are pussy's do you???

its so unfair that they keep doing this isn't it?

NO it you're fault, use cover, use the trees (and i mean ALL the time), in towns and city's move house to house, cover to cover, stay low move fast, make you're-self hard to hit if you hear a shot run and weave, find cover, fix and kill or bug out

don't blame you're killer for you not being able to play yet, the learning curve in this game is EXTREME deal with it

Chiilout fella! You're putting a lot of words in his mouth, he didn't say half of those things, your anger from other threads and other peoples reasoning is spilling over into this thread. His post count has nothing to do with it, I have nearly 10,000 posts and I agree with him, my mate has played as long as me and has about 20 posts on here so let's not go down that road. It's nothing to do with getting shot and not being able to deal with it, It's just an opinion on what he feels would be right for the SA.

I'd personally love to see some decent hunting rifles like the CZ so that people can fulfill sniper/long -range roles but an AS50 loaded with anti-material rounds has never sat well with me in the mod and I hope it's not in the SA.

Heli's I'm not so bothered about, I'm undecided. I love that feeling you get in the mod when you hear a heli in the distance or flying over and the paranoia it gives you but if they we're to be removed (which I don't think they will) I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. In fact if they use the flight model from TOH then I'd love to see the heli's stay. Or maybe not, I really can't decide.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Chiilout fella! You're putting a lot of words in his mouth, he didn't say half of those things, your anger from other threads and other peoples reasoning is spilling over into this thread. His post count has nothing to do with it, I have nearly 10,000 posts and I agree with him, my mate has played as long as me and has about 20 posts on here so let's not go down that road. It's nothing to do with getting shot and not being able to deal with it, It's just an opinion on what he feels would be right for the SA.

I'd personally love to see some decent hunting rifles like the CZ so that people can fulfill sniper/long -range roles but an AS50 loaded with anti-material rounds has never sat well with me in the mod and I hope it's not in the SA.

Heli's I'm not so bothered about, I'm undecided. I love that feeling you get in the mod when you hear a heli in the distance or flying over and the paranoia it gives you but if they we're to be removed (which I don't think they will) I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. In fact if they use the flight model from TOH then I'd love to see the heli's stay. Or maybe not, I really can't decide.

+1 let the Helis stay, but use the TOH fly model, so not any average guy can fly it, and the 50s I liked that they removed them, but I feel that sniping should involve using the actual sniping, not the trigger only

The KSVK (Russian anti-material sniper rifle) would be a fitting replacement to the M107 and AS50 IMO.

Honestly, I have no idea how much the KSVK actually weighs, nor can I find any facts about it anywhere. I'm sure Gews knows though.

• Like 1