lukestephens

To the baby's moaning

Lol .. the game is unplayable atm and if they dont fix the zombie-aggro' date=' nobody, except some hc-gamers, will keep playing this game.

It has nothing to do with stupidity.

Its just unfair now and you almost have to crawl all the time, which is boring and an unnecessary game slower.

[/quote']

I love how people keep predicting the death of day z and constantly getting proved wrong. What you actually meant was you won't be playing this game anymore, and maybe that is for the best. I love this mod, and I am in it for the long haul as are a lot of people. This is an alpha and Rocket is doing his best to fix things and keep us engaged while still building this mod to what he wants it to be in the end. Name me one other developer in the industry who has not only allowed public alpha play, but also updates the alpha once a week and usually more than that. We are being done a favor and we have the privilege to play this while it is being developed, if you can not handle the changes and updates constantly and the fact that sometimes those changes make the game less stable rather than more stable I would suggest playing games that have already past the "gold" landmark and are ready to ship/play. I do not mean that in any malicious way, some people can't handle the constant updating and sometimes game crashing patches, some can. I hope you are able to get past the problems and understand that this mod is a game everyone has been asking for for a very long time and that the final product will be much better due to this public alpha.

The game is harder but if you not stupid it is very easy to survive and find a gun. Its is to easy to loose zombies now you just hide behind a wall you loose them straight away. So don't moan i want a gun give me a starter gun. DEAL WITH it if you had a starter gun now game would be to easy so just play and don't go running around and learn to hide.

/rage over :@

You are such an idiot... Me and my friend' date=' were "new" to the game (we've watched streams about it so we understood 90% of the mechanics etc.), both of us are good in video games, he was pro on Counter Strike, I guess you wont define that as an fps noob. We're both adults, we know how to figure shit out.

We just came out of a 4 hours run of not finding a gun, spending 70% of our time running & loosing zombies. I must have searched around 30 houses / buildings I'd say, I've only found items other than weapons. You might say "well, it's bad luck then", no, it's never about luck, it's about spawn rate. And no, it isnt any fucking fun to have 90% of your gametime spent running away from zombies, it really isnt. I love this game, I loved watching streams about it, but it is so fucking RETARDED to make the zombies aggro like this. Nobody except some few cocky nerds (yeah talking about you) will play this game, when the core of the game is so fucking brillant, they just managed to right away kill it.

Because yeah you knew the game before this patch, but what about all the people that bought Arma 2 today or yesterday (like me), tried it, and spent one entire evening for nothing? Well they wont play it again for most of them. Nobody (except the few cocky nerds) has enough time to ruin into this stupidity. And even if I got a gun, and it would snowball for like an hour and I would end up with decent gear, I could get PK and start back again for a 2 hours zombie marathon fest. This is bad design, this is a bad way to start a reputation for your game.

It is now, that you must put a huge effort into balancing those things, because it is now that your fan base will grow, with people such as Destiny (SC2 pro) streaming your game every day etc. YOU MUST ATTRACT PLAYERS NOW.

And dont get me wrong, I looove hard games, it's so good to finally have challenging video games, but this, is just bad design, balance it out quick or your game will die before birth

Edit: And by the way, yesterday I had a really fun run, killing 7 people, getting an awesome gear, and finally got PKed, I loved every part of it, so no, i'm not raging because I never got a chance to play the real game.

[/quote']

If you don't enjoy running from zombies and being chased this may not be the game for you because i love that and so do many other people. And calling me a nerdy kid because i enjoy the game?? Its just annoys me when people moan all the time. Also finding guns can not be that hard i found a ak-47, akm, shotgun and a g17 in a fire house in elektro. Also attract new players now? DayZ has a massive player base and most enjoy the game but to you there cocky nerdy kids.

However about buying arma 2 for the mod i can understand it is hard to learn i got the game a year and a bit ago and loved it for the rpg servers. When this mod came out it was good and easy as i understood the way arma worked and all the new people to arma will struggle at first but don't we all? The fun in games is to learn and sometime you have to learn the hard way..

"it's so good to finally have challenging video games" you say this and you moan about it being too hard or bugged its alpha if you can't live with that move on and wait till its stable.?? If you like challenging video games learn the game and then within in 30mins you can have a gun and be surviving no problem.

"We're both adults" Then start acting one and don't start calling people Cocky nerdy kids for enjoying a game because to me you acting like a kid.

Thank you for your input into my post.

Acually the "cocky nerds" wasnt aimed at you (well, a little, calling people "babies" because they're frustrated after hours of dying and running isnt very mature either), but more to the other ones acting like this game is for some sort of elite, that kind of attitude really piss me off :). And I enjoy running from zombies, but not for 3 hours, and no, weapon spawns arent great when you cant get into towns where there actually is weapons without defending yourself. I also had a lucky run where I found an Enfield, shot someone, took his ammo and revolver etc etc. And this was lucky. Thats my point, it is bad design for the game to snowball like this sometimes, but most of the time you're gonna have a hard fucking time getting passed the "running away from zombies" phase. They aggro too much, it is too slow to sneak around them, and yeah DayZ might have a big fanbase now, of course it has a lot of buzz around it, but there wont be in a few months if it stays like this. People will get tired of these boring phases, because they might look fun now, but they wont at some point.

And for LordRayken, yeah, dont believe me, of course I had to lie to help my point, we didnt spend 4 hours checking easy access houses without finding guns... Just shut up, of course you're not a hardcore gamer, you're just the cocky nerd I was talking about :)

Lol .. the game is unplayable atm and if they dont fix the zombie-aggro' date=' nobody, except some hc-gamers, will keep playing this game.

It has nothing to do with stupidity.

Its just unfair now and you almost have to crawl all the time, which is boring and an unnecessary game slower.

[/quote']

I love how people keep predicting the death of day z and constantly getting proved wrong. What you actually meant was you won't be playing this game anymore, and maybe that is for the best. I love this mod, and I am in it for the long haul as are a lot of people. This is an alpha and Rocket is doing his best to fix things and keep us engaged while still building this mod to what he wants it to be in the end. Name me one other developer in the industry who has not only allowed public alpha play, but also updates the alpha once a week and usually more than that. We are being done a favor and we have the privilege to play this while it is being developed, if you can not handle the changes and updates constantly and the fact that sometimes those changes make the game less stable rather than more stable I would suggest playing games that have already past the "gold" landmark and are ready to ship/play. I do not mean that in any malicious way, some people can't handle the constant updating and sometimes game crashing patches, some can. I hope you are able to get past the problems and understand that this mod is a game everyone has been asking for for a very long time and that the final product will be much better due to this public alpha.

The game is harder but if you not stupid it is very easy to survive and find a gun. Its is to easy to loose zombies now you just hide behind a wall you loose them straight away. So don't moan i want a gun give me a starter gun. DEAL WITH it if you had a starter gun now game would be to easy so just play and don't go running around and learn to hide.

/rage over :@

You are such an idiot... Me and my friend' date=' were "new" to the game (we've watched streams about it so we understood 90% of the mechanics etc.), both of us are good in video games, he was pro on Counter Strike, I guess you wont define that as an fps noob. We're both adults, we know how to figure shit out.

We just came out of a 4 hours run of not finding a gun, spending 70% of our time running & loosing zombies. I must have searched around 30 houses / buildings I'd say, I've only found items other than weapons. You might say "well, it's bad luck then", no, it's never about luck, it's about spawn rate. And no, it isnt any fucking fun to have 90% of your gametime spent running away from zombies, it really isnt. I love this game, I loved watching streams about it, but it is so fucking RETARDED to make the zombies aggro like this. Nobody except some few cocky nerds (yeah talking about you) will play this game, when the core of the game is so fucking brillant, they just managed to right away kill it.

Because yeah you knew the game before this patch, but what about all the people that bought Arma 2 today or yesterday (like me), tried it, and spent one entire evening for nothing? Well they wont play it again for most of them. Nobody (except the few cocky nerds) has enough time to ruin into this stupidity. And even if I got a gun, and it would snowball for like an hour and I would end up with decent gear, I could get PK and start back again for a 2 hours zombie marathon fest. This is bad design, this is a bad way to start a reputation for your game.

It is now, that you must put a huge effort into balancing those things, because it is now that your fan base will grow, with people such as Destiny (SC2 pro) streaming your game every day etc. YOU MUST ATTRACT PLAYERS NOW.

And dont get me wrong, I looove hard games, it's so good to finally have challenging video games, but this, is just bad design, balance it out quick or your game will die before birth

Edit: And by the way, yesterday I had a really fun run, killing 7 people, getting an awesome gear, and finally got PKed, I loved every part of it, so no, i'm not raging because I never got a chance to play the real game.

[/quote']

If you don't enjoy running from zombies and being chased this may not be the game for you because i love that and so do many other people. And calling me a nerdy kid because i enjoy the game?? Its just annoys me when people moan all the time. Also finding guns can not be that hard i found a ak-47, akm, shotgun and a g17 in a fire house in elektro. Also attract new players now? DayZ has a massive player base and most enjoy the game but to you there cocky nerdy kids.

However about buying arma 2 for the mod i can understand it is hard to learn i got the game a year and a bit ago and loved it for the rpg servers. When this mod came out it was good and easy as i understood the way arma worked and all the new people to arma will struggle at first but don't we all? The fun in games is to learn and sometime you have to learn the hard way..

"it's so good to finally have challenging video games" you say this and you moan about it being too hard or bugged its alpha if you can't live with that move on and wait till its stable.?? If you like challenging video games learn the game and then within in 30mins you can have a gun and be surviving no problem.

"We're both adults" Then start acting one and don't start calling people Cocky nerdy kids for enjoying a game because to me you acting like a kid.

Thank you for your input into my post.

Acually the "cocky nerds" wasnt aimed at you (well, a little, calling people "babies" because they're frustrated after hours of dying and running isnt very mature either), but more to the other ones acting like this game is for some sort of elite, that kind of attitude really piss me off :). And I enjoy running from zombies, but not for 3 hours, and no, weapon spawns arent great when you cant get into towns where there actually is weapons without defending yourself. I also had a lucky run where I found an Enfield, shot someone, took his ammo and revolver etc etc. And this was lucky. Thats my point, it is bad design for the game to snowball like this sometimes, but most of the time you're gonna have a hard fucking time getting passed the "running away from zombies" phase. They aggro too much, it is too slow to sneak around them, and yeah DayZ might have a big fanbase now, of course it has a lot of buzz around it, but there wont be in a few months if it stays like this. People will get tired of these boring phases, because they might look fun now, but they wont at some point.

And for LordRayken, yeah, dont believe me, of course I had to lie to help my point, we didnt spend 4 hours checking easy access houses without finding guns... Just shut up, of course you're not a hardcore gamer, you're just the cocky nerd I was talking about :)

Haha well i guess i have not had a bad day on DayZ yet. I always find a gun in a town without fail so i can see where you are coming from. Maybe when i experience running for hours on end with no gun my opinion will change but at the moment i love it.

lol @ idiots claiming crouch run doesn't aggro zeds from 60m+ away

I'm sorry but your servers must have had 1 zed spawned in the entire town you were crouch running in because that is 100% bullshit.

1.7.1.4 crouch running is 3 sound / 3 vision *on grass*, let alone on a road.

I personally don't think that's a massive problem, as I perhaps have more patience than some people when it comes to sneaking my way around, however claiming you don't aggro zeds while crouch running everywhere is just pathetic elitism.

These forums don't need bullshit artists claiming any given patch is a gift from god, they need people to point out the fucking flaws in the patch so they can be assessed and addressed. If you all continue to smear your noses in brown day in, day out, you're gonna wind up with a game you wont even want to play, so stop complaining about people complaining, and go do something constructive with your time because you're wasting a whole lot of it here.

Im new to the game, as of 2 days ago. My first real game was last night. I survived for about 4 hours with a group of friends. For a first real attempt, I believe thats pretty good and I only lost due to one of the other new guys made a noobish mistake, but thats not the point of this post.

My general adivice I can give anyone is look in barns in the fields. You will almost 100% of the time find some form of weapon in there. I don't bother with small towns or the major cities for weapons first off, because in smaller towns, the chances of me getting a weapon are lower (in my opinion) and in a city I probably wouldn't make it out alive.

There is one brilliant thing I have learned to do which is risky though, is mugging people without them knowing your there. I have had roaring laughter on Skype because I crept up to an un knowing sniper watching over a town... took his ammo, food and watch. Then ran away.

2 minutes later he was raging in public chat about it.

You don't need a gun to get by from the start. You just need to employ some tactic and witt.

Seriously' date=' totally agree, this game was designed to not spawn with a weapon as of 1.7.1 due to the LoS changes, so everyone needs to just calm down, learn to settle down and take it slow for a bit, you don't needa go gung-ho into a city guns blazing, that's unrealistic and ridiculous.

[/quote']

I go inch by inch into a city, while hugging the ground. Still draw aggro from hundreds of meters away. Your post is ridiculous.

Half of these posts have already covered my frustration with the latest update.

Please don't be such a hard ass and tell us to be more sneaky. Even if we do the zombies will in every case spot you. My Friend and I crawled to the closest open barn and still still zombies aggro just flies off the roof.

Even if you can get past the zombies lets say you do, now your in a big city with no weapons perhaps you could find one. Your dead wrong due to the lack of humanity in every gamer, or the lust for bloodshed. Every person I have encountered would rather put a bullet in me than cooperate. This game is dying fast until it could be bandaged itself. Maybe I'm just sharing my frustration. As of now I'm going to agree this game is becoming unplayable. They should really incorporate some system to give people a reason to work together rather a 225Km Free for all.

I thought the pace was perfectly fine before with the ability to sneak past zombies, now all you can do is crawl IF your lucky.

Love the other features I understand it's a growing process, and it's complicated but seriously cannot wait until this game becomes super polished.

lol @ idiots claiming crouch run doesn't aggro zeds from 60m+ away

I'm sorry but your servers must have had 1 zed spawned in the entire town you were crouch running in because that is 100% bullshit.

1.7.1.4 crouch running is 3 sound / 3 vision *on grass*' date=' let alone on a road.

I personally don't think that's a massive problem, as I perhaps have more patience than some people when it comes to sneaking my way around, however claiming you don't aggro zeds while crouch running everywhere is just pathetic elitism.

These forums don't need bullshit artists claiming any given patch is a gift from god, they need people to point out the fucking flaws in the patch so they can be assessed and addressed. If you all continue to smear your noses in brown day in, day out, you're gonna wind up with a game you wont even want to play, so stop complaining about people complaining, and go do something constructive with your time because you're wasting a whole lot of it here.

[/quote']

God damnit, finally, thank you. Yes even if you enjoy it, thats not the point, it's bigger than that, we're not tryin to turn this into a CoD or someshit like that, the aggro range and mechanics are actually making the game less fun for other reasons than difficulty = it's just lame to have to prone for 150 meters everytime you're in a hot zone and dont want to run around and find a good spot to loose the zeds LoS... It will drive people away from this game right away when they would have maybe became good at it with training and knowledge, point is : give the noobs a chance, some of them wont appreciate the content and just quit, and thats a shame, because they might become an active part of the community.

You point out people whining as "noobs that wouldnt survive anyway" but thats just dumb, not everyone can spend nights dying and learning about an already difficult game, make the noob phase easier, lesser the aggro range from zombies and their senses to sounds and sight, or even better, make different difficulty level (not like the ones that are already there, thats too small of a difference). A game balanced by servers would be amazing, just like any RPG takes you step by step to finally get you to the highest level and content. But atm, this game is ruining itself, really, and keep in mind that even tho I'm saying that, I'll be of the ones that are sticking to it and will try to make their way into this, but most people dont, and thats a shame

I enjoy the game and I think zombies DID need increased agro range, but not as much as they've been given now. When your only realistic stealth option inside 50m is prone crawling, this is just not fun. I've resorted to running and gunning down groups of zombies that I need to get past, which I'm sure is not what Rocket had in mind for the mod.

they take away guns because u lose zombies by using los,so now isntead of sneaking around people agro without a care,then use a building to los the zombies.

i rly think this was something that was supposed to increase stealth usage(zombies notice u faster) it had the averse effect of making stealth not effective enough to risk it.

come on, not everyone is moaning, its just constructive criticism, everyone is aware this is just an alpha, and Rocket wants people to say what they are finding difficult/unrealistic/buggy etc. otherwise this wouldn't be an alpha!..

If people weren't "MOANING" as you say, rocket would not know what to implement in the next patch...

the problem aint "moaning" or criticism or anything.

It's the attitude people have at each other as rocket said.

I have but one question....

would you ever call someone you've met for the first time a cocky nerd kid?

I don't think so....

just chill guys and keep your overflowing intellectual flaming wars to yourself.

I completely agree however the constant flow of whine/complain

threads on these boards is getting out of control.

There's a large chunk of this community now who'll never be satisfied period.

The whining won't stop, the complaining won't stop and they'll keep destroying every

good idea because the actual players who are enjoying themselves are guess what,

PLAYING THE GAME instead of starting a fuckton of threads about their

visions and what they want to see the game turned in to.

The whining won't stop' date=' the complaining won't stop and they'll keep destroying every

good idea because the actual players who are enjoying themselves are guess what,

[/quote']

Wth are you talking about? its giving feedback to rocket, so he knows, if people who you say "Are playing the game" Didn`t like something, they would be here aswell, your explanation is biased.

The whining won't stop' date=' the complaining won't stop and they'll keep destroying every

[/quote']

Wth are you talking about? its giving feedback to rocket, so he knows, if people who you say "Are playing the game" Didn`t like something, they would be here aswell, your explanation is biased.

I've lurked this forum long enough to know exactly what i'm talking about. LMFAO @ "providing feedback to Rocket." The guy has been bombed from the start by people who feel his vision =/= their vision.

EDIT: "Providing feedback" http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16371

[/quote']

I've lurked this forum long enough to know exactly what i'm talking about. LMFAO @ "providing feedback to Rocket." The guy has been bombed from the start by people who feel his vision =/= their vision.

EDIT: "Providing feedback" http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16371

yeah that link is whining, but i have not seen that in this thread, we have just been discussing the new patch and what us as a player think would be better (In our opinions) weather he listens or not. It is always a good idea to voice your opinion to try and lead the game in a better direction again (in the players opinions). Why would you post a thread that has nothing to do with what is going on in this one.

OP is voicing his opinion on moaners, moaning. Just as every individual is allowed to voice their own opinion on how to make the game "better." (in reality: whine about it.)

I do agree it's a good idea to voice your opinion but not in the direction it's going now.

These aren't suggestions which feed Rocket's creative mind, these are whine/bitch threads

about them not wanting to adapt to new situations and features added.

This doesn't really belong in New Player discussion.

But even if it did, I would prefer you guys discuss the mod itself rather than complaining about each other.