Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

[SA & Mod] - British Weapons & Gear

Just a thought I had to involve the British weapons and Gear.

As it stands in the mod, British weapons are entirely high tier gear that is often highly sought out for, however there's not much there besides maybe an Assault Rifle and its variants, in addition to an AS50 Anti-Matierial rifle that has recieved much hate over the period that DayZ has been active for.

So, perhaps more British Weapons to tie in with their level of high tier greatness. Here's some examples:

Pistols

• Browning Hi-Power (L9A1) - 13 round magazine, .9mm weapon. Perhaps the most "common" of the British weapons.

• SIG P226 (L106A1) - 15 round magazine, .9mm weapon. Could perhaps take both M9 magazines and its own magazines and have a variant fitted with a flashlight and suppressor.

Shotguns

• L128A1 - Variant of the M1014, has a Holographic Sight and can fire Slugs with more accuracy over a longer range.

Assault Rifles/Carbines

• L85A2 - Should come as both SUSAT, ACOG, HOLO and Grenade Launcher

• C8 Carbine (L119A1) - Should come with two variants, Grenade Launcher with ACOG and Suppressor, Flashlight and Red Dot (RCO)

Battle Rifles

• L1A1 SLR - Same as before but featuring a x4 sight as an additional variant

Marksman Rifles/Sniper Rifles

• L86A2 - Behaves like an Assault Rifle but clashed with Machine gun attributes and characteristics of a Sniper Rifle such as high accuracy and longer range. Going prone gives you an accuracy bonus, due to the bipod.

• L129A1 - Equipped with an ACOG and behaves similar to the M14 AIM. Gains an accuracy bonus due to the attached bipod when prone.

• L96A1 - Takes its own magazines, L96A1 magazines but they can be split into two M24 Magazines, likewise two M24 magazines can be converted into one L96A1 magazine. Has a single stage mil-dot scope and can zero to 1000m. Behaves similar to M24 but with a 10 round magazine capacity.

• L115A3 - Takes its own unique magazines, slightly weaker than the .50 cal's but strong enough to kill in 1 shot at 800 meters, only gives a knockout beyond those ranges and only kills in 1 shot if it strikes the chest or head. 5 round magazine, single zoom sight that can zero to 1400m.

Machine Guns

• L110A2 - Variant of the M249 SAW, fitted with a x4 SUSAT scope and bipod.

Launchers and Explosives

• L72A9 LAW - Single Shot, Anti-Structure Rocket Launcher. Extremely rare but is disposed of once used. Behaves similar to the M136.

• L109 Frag Grenade - Frag Grenade used by British Forces.

Miscellanous Gear

• British Assault Pack - Same as now, 18 slots, found in residental areas.

• Sabre Expidition Pack - Even larger than the Coyote Backpack and Czech Backpack at 30 Slots.

• Osprey Body Armor - Similar to Camo Clothing but grants hero class body armor that can protect against handgun rounds.

• Sabre Combat Vest - For Standalone use. Combat Vest used by British Armed forces. Designed to provide multiple pouches for storage of ammo, weapons, food and equipment.

• S10 Respirator - British Army Gas Mask renowned for it's use by SAS.

• GSR Respirator - Replacement Gas Mask made to replace the S10. Has twin filter attachment points to make switching filters easier.

• Like 2

I'm all for more British weapons.

It doesn't make much sense that there's only an anti-materiel rifle and one assault rifle, either you have a standard arsenal or none at all. Certain weapons you mentioned (Like the P226 and Browning Hi-Power) I've actually wanted as weapons without their British designation, so maybe in the SA they could degrade slower if they were the military versions. Most of these guns you stated that basically are upgraded since the SA will use an attachment system like Arma 3.

In a basic sense, though, the weapons that are unimplemented would be awesome, and I'd love more variants of weapons that already exist (Like the M16 and M4 series should also be supplemented by AR-15s, GAU-5s and CAR-15s)

+ Beans.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

less blood and problem solved , if a bullet of AK-74 on the chest dont kill = need AS50 to 1 bullet 1 kill = best weapon = heated

L85A2's are already in there somewhere and it wouldn't make sense to have British weapons in a Eastern European country.

• Like 3

L85A2's are already in there somewhere and it wouldn't make sense to have British weapons in a Eastern European country.

I'm gonna agree with this, I'd rather the standalone have nothing to do with the ArmA II story that took place before it so that we would see mainly russian and civilian weapons.

I'm gonna agree with this, I'd rather the standalone have nothing to do with the ArmA II story that took place before it so that we would see mainly russian and civilian weapons.

My thoughts on "why" some british weapons appeared was because I always thought of the British Forces being apart of a relief and support force that may have came in shortly before the US NATO forces fled Chernarus (for whatever reason) hence why British weapons were so rare

BAF never came to Tchernarus.

Russia is less then 10 km north of NEAF, Tchernarus army uses russian weapons, half of the population in Tchernarus comes from Russia. But nobody cares we don't find any SVD, Ksvk, Dragunov, in Dayz.

So I don't think BAF weapons have a reason to be found in Tchernarus, in Takistan why not because BAF fought here, but not in Tchernarus.

• Like 1