Xianyu

50's, L119, or none?

173 members have voted

1. 1. Sniper rifles?

• Keep the 50's
    • Replace them with the L119 as an interim weapon
    • Remove them and don't replace them with anything

Stop crying guys . Just remove AS50! this weapon is too overpowered I agree. Keep M107 and increase a lot recoil on not prone positions. It's simple. M107 is not a easy gun to kill everybody and the players need a good weapons against choppers and vehicles. So please .50 guns are important !

Edited by horsebr

I agree to add on the game .22 pistols,revolvers and rifles with scope. It's will be very realistic!

M107 is not a easy gun to kill everybody

You must be really bad at DayZ then.

I am honestly surprised at the amount of votes for replacing/removing the as50/m107. I thought it would be much lower compared to keeping it in, when you look at how many people actually USE the as50.

I am honestly surprised at the amount of votes for replacing/removing the as50/m107. I thought it would be much lower compared to keeping it in, when you look at how many people actually USE the as50.

It is still the coveted "best" weapon in the game, and if you don't use it you are at a disadvantage to people who do. Think about it, would you use one if you came across it, or would you destroy it?

It is still the coveted "best" weapon in the game, and if you don't use it you are at a disadvantage to people who do. Think about it, would you use one if you came across it, or would you destroy it?

You're talking to someone who ONLY uses the AS50, pretty much.

I play with other people most the time, and I'm their overwatch/countersniper.

So yeah, I always pick up the AS50, but I hate the fucking thing, too.

They should stay. There's no reason to remove any weapons that were put into the game, if anything they should add more not remove any.

@xianyu your a hypocrit, you constantly whine about getting 50's removed yet you still use them ingame??? Your full of it.

If you were so against them you would use the M24 or SVD!

maybe the KSVK could be put in and made extremely rare. DMR should not be removed. Dragunov scope is horrible.

The DMR should be removed. It's not even a proper sniper rifle and we don't need any more rambo's running around spamming DMR's all over the place than what we have now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman_rifle

There's nothing wrong with the Dragunov scope, learn how to use it and it's better than most scopes in the game! it's got its own bloody range finder ffs.

What more do you want?? It to spot your target and take the shot for you???

Edited by trichome

What more do you want???

A higher zoom level and a vertical line down the centre, rather than the intermittent chevrons.

I voted for leaving them in the game. Wouldnt mind them to spawn less frequent (although it's been a long while since I found an AS50/M107). Just make sure you dont put yourself in a position that could get you shot by ANY sniper (be it a dmr/m24/svd or .50 sniper). You're obviously doing something wrong...

I was about to start this game again but im putting it on hold.

if the AS50 get removed there is no joy for me. i love this weapon in any aspect - if it was a survival apocalypse IRL id use mine , never let go of it ^^

I dont mind when people use it and im more then happy when i get one. Id use it even if it did 1 damage per shoot.

Lets hope it stays and ill reconsider!

Edited by hitem

The AS50 is staying as is the M107. Check the most recent patch notes.

A victory for the silent majority.

The AS50 is staying as is the M107. Check the most recent patch notes.

A victory for the silent majority.

I think someone just removed the [Removed] section from the change log they are both gone.

• Like 1

I think someone just removed the [Removed] section from the change log they are both gone.

• *[FIXED] - M107 & AS50 Lock on system removed.
  • * [uPDATED] - M107 lowered chance in loot tables.
  • * [uPDATED] - AS50 lowered chance in loot tables.

Why is that there but the removed section was taken?

Very confusing.

Mmmm oh well.

Hope the devs consider adding the L115A2 or KSVK.

As well as more Russian weapons, less American in general... SVD instead of DMR, etc.

By default the AS50 and M107 are balanced. Their power is off set by there rarity. But with scripters, dupers, loot farmers and server hoppers they became more common. I only ever found 1 legit AS50 in all my play time (Several hundred hours).

• *[FIXED] - M107 & AS50 Lock on system removed.
  • * [uPDATED] - M107 lowered chance in loot tables.
  • * [uPDATED] - AS50 lowered chance in loot tables.

Why is that there but the removed section was taken?

Very confusing.

The change log just hasn't been updated yet. There is only myself and Joe who can edit and i'm on long hours at work using a mobile phone its kind of hard to copy paste big sections of text then format it. Its also the main reason my reply's are short

Just wondering.. are you guys that are developing the mod mimicking the direction that Rocket and his team are going? i.e More survival and less Gucci gear? Don't blame you, but are you being directed to go in that direction to 'ease us in'?

I want the high end stuff kept (but much rarer).

Edited by SAL_iOGC

Just wondering.. are you guys that are developing the mod mimicking the direction that Rocket and his team are going? i.e More survival and less Gucci gear? Don't blame you, but are you being directed to go in that direction to 'ease us in'?

I want the high end stuff kept (but much rarer).

We get pretty much the same info you get. However we do have some rules to follow :-(

• Like 1

dont add other snipers !

whats the point in that

oh look the people who dont move or who dupe there gear are mad cause they cant kill anyone moving only lying on there belly. that is 90 percent of people who use the big snipers.

take them out the game will be alot more fun fluid exciting fair. also who goes in a shed or small anywhere and finds a m107 army sniper or in a tent please...

dont go weak on this. stick to the plan and take em out. only guns you would actually ever find is ww2 rifles and odd sniper type gun and pistols and shotguns. so make it like this.

Nice! Drive even more players to customized private servers!

This is like the US government. Take away the things we're accustomed to just to appease a few loud mouths who think they know what's best for everyone.

If you take all the guns out, no one will have to worry about being shot at all. Can't get more balanced than that eh?.

Remove them and don't replace them, they have no place in the mod as far as I'm concerned. Regarding choppers, I thought there was a rocket launcher in the mod? If it was removed then I'd rather that was put back in to replace the 50cals.. That would make more sense to me.

I'd rather keep them, and implement more while making them rarer. However, until duping/scripting is fixed, removal is for the greater good.

They aren't overpowered either, they simply fill a role. Let's assume we want to kill someone at NWAF, while you might kill 1/3 people while sniping, you would be almost guaranteed to secure all three kills with a good assault rifle. Camping in a building or tree near the barracks is much safer than camping in one of the snipe spots too as you have no real cover. Now, overpowered for sniping Elektro? Sure, but then again your Makarov and Czech Backpack won't be missed either so there is no reward for it.

All in all, once duping/scripting is a thing of the past (standalone probably), I'd rather see the AS50/M107 replaced by bolt-action AM rifles such as the M95.