PathFindersPF

When Closing DayZ it stops my Wireless service?? Help!

Hey guys so i have a problem with my dayz. Now before this i have had no problem with dayz, worked fine and nothing was wrong until about a week ago when i closed the game and it stopped my wireless service and ever since its been doing it constantly. Ive uninstalled my wireless driver and installed it again but it has not worked.

Please someone help with this problem??

Its that thats doing it, not DayZ.

When you open it cancel the server listing. Up where it shows how many servers are listed you will see a cancel button, just hit that and it will stop. hit any server to get into the game then just go back to server browser ingame and pick your server from there.

So it could be an OS problem and also someone from my clan just had the same problem as i have where he closed his dayz game and it disconnected him from his internet and stopped the wireless service and had to restart??

Pretty sure this is caused by BattlEye, another posts on here explains it and has notified BE.

Try joining a server that isn't running BE and see what happens :)

Tried that PK Richie but still that same thing happens. I've tried to validate my files on steam to see if that there was a problem and it only said one file was an error and has been replaced so i tried again but it still does it. Any other suggestions?

Well i tried to diagnose the problem and all it said that the wireless service has stopped working but that there was no other problem so i ran a sfc /scannow but it found no problems so i have no idea what could be causing it, would reinstalling it be any better or not?

Sometimes these kind of problems are caused by the default power saving level. It doesn't seem related but give it a try. Change it to always full power and disable the function of allowing Windows to turn off NIC to save power. I'd also recommend to have Windows full updated. Did you test to join a Server ingame Arma yet ?

My power saver isnt on and my power is at high performance and ive done my full windows update and still no difference. Its like as soon as i exit a server and go to the main screen, then close the game it waits 2 seconds then stops my wireless service but also its random, it doesnt do it everytime it just does it randomly but often.

Maybe it's not DayZ, have you done a reset of your Router / updated firmware yet ? You could also test playing in a different room.If not recommended already, turn off any security software and other network related software for a test only.

I have reset my router and done updates of all my firmware. I'm not sure playing in a different room would do anything as i have had my PC in the same spot for several months without any problems and now its started to do this. I have also turned off my firewall/security software to no luck it still keeps on stopping my wireless service

Have you tried the temporary fix in the topic I linked above? It does sound similar. Tried a non-BattlEye server?

Edited by SmashT

Is it a Laptp with built in wifi or a usb adapter ? It it happens after a while playing / being online it could be a heat problem, but that's not too likely.

Yes i tried that link and it didn't help unfortunately it was connected with program compatibility which this problem isnt and no its a PC with a wireless LAN card and i have taken it out and tried and Ethernet connection but still no difference

So a new thing has now started. When i tried to re-enable my wireless service it now wont let me do anything unless i restart my whole computer so im thinking its either the game or my OS?????

If LAN and WLAN cause the same failrue, i'd stop here. If you have somebody, test another Router. If it's worth the time, i'd take out / disconnect every hardware not needed and reinstall windows. Get it full updated with all latest drivers. Then test internet connection again with a minimum setup and add hardware/software one by one.

Well i have just tried to restore my pc back to a earlier date when the problem started and that hasn't worked so you think i should reinstall windows 8 again?

Tbh, if you have a license, install Win 7 64 bit. If not, install it again and do some images always before adding hardware or any major software updates.

Hey PathFinders, I have the same problem, also running Windows 8. This issue occurs when exiting ArmA II also so I do not believe it is DayZ / DayZ Commander related but in fact to do with the program itself.

You do not need to reboot, just keep clicking the troubleshooter. If it doesn't fix it within 10 seconds, cancel and try again. It will eventually work.

Edited by Skream

Ive done that but then it will lock up and not be able to do anything. I just reinstalled my game after uninstalling it so im just about to test it out to see if the problem has been fixed

Well that didnt work, ive also noticed that every time i load into a server, it comes up saying scripts not found, could this be the problem????