iPewPewU

'' Core community '' ?

Hopefully Rocket makes the game he wants and doesn't pander to what the "community" wants.

I remember a quote from somewhere: A person is smart, but people are idiots.

Hopefully Rocket makes the game he wants and doesn't pander to what the "community" wants.

Id say 95% of the community have rejected Rockets idea in favor of easy mode private hives.The only thing that concerns me about the SA is,will there be a community to play with.Given the state of public hives which can only be described as a ghost town,things are looking bleak for a SA gaming population.

Edited by AussieBobby

Hopefully, yes. What he had created and had put out ready for us players to use when I started playing (May 2012) was the best form of the mod.

The reason so many players play on 500 vehicle servers with 100 different sorts of Barrett M82 and M4s is because the majority of those players originate from the CoD/Battlefield/scene.

The point about Sacriel is completely stupid. There are 2 main reasons why we and the squad play on a PvP basis.

1) Zombies are a non-factor, the mod has dried out, everything has be done. The only thing left to do is PvP

2) He streams. He needs to ensure his streams are entertaining. Theres no point in recording a game if nobody is interested, theres no point in streaming if your not going to do anything.

If you want the standalone to be purely PvP and zombies be an 'extra', may I please refer you to BF4.

It should be noted private hive does not always equal an easier experience, just a different one. The one I play has most of the sniper rifles removed from database/loot tables, which is the one thing I'm hoping Rocket will have in SA ; much less high end military sniper rifles, if any at all. The issue of KoS and banditry will always be there as a side effect of the sandbox concept, but the main issue with it has always been the easy access to sniper rifles.

Removing them will even the playing field a lot at least.

There was a reason Rocket firstly was against private hive servers, and this is EXACTLY why. These custom servers ruin everything, they draw DayZ down. They ruin the whole concept of the game, of surviving.

What's the point playing this game if you already have everything in the first place? I spend time looking for vanilla servers because I think the funnest part of this game is starting fresh and looking for a simple lee enfield or winchester, or a makarov.

The game gets boring when you reach the endgame content IMO, so what's the point starting with it?

I think it was a bad idea to approve this private hive idea, I think rocket only did it so players won't leave.

Edited by clay_pigeon

I still haven't figured out why these Kos players don't play wasteland or vanilla arma

Because Wasteland is more difficult, large groups rolling about with heavy armour and large amounts of weapons.. DayZ is easy for these KoS players, single targets with no resistance. Go figure.. <_<

Actually I am really glad and thankful that Rocket does not make another casual games as we can see everywhere now.

I don't want DayZ to become a CoD or some shit like this for casual 8yo darkk3v1n's, I want a game which is really hard. Especially if it's about zombies, since most of the current zombie games are easy to own n' rule as stealing a lollipop to my babycats (who don't even know how to use it btw).

I have much more respect for the independant game dev's who do the game as they want (like Kenshi's, or DayZ's), because it's usually the way I like it, hard as old school. I think I can call myself a hardcore player, since I play all sort of games, and I play a lot, I've seen games becoming more and more easy to please the majority of newcomming players. The public aimed by game dev's nowaday are the people who call themselves "geek" or "nerds" and can't even spell Bruce Wayne correctly (they barely know who he's tho), but play only angry birds on their smartphone, and casual games like League Of Legend and other stuff like this (not judging it, but most of LoL and CoD players are casuals and unexperimented in video games) because it's the majority of people, the not-so-much-but-still-enough wealthy population, that still can afford videogames at incredible prices.

For once, a game is developped for a certain kind of community (us, the hardcore players), which is almost forgotten by the game developpers, and which is the most likely to stay faithful to a game, and you guys come again to crash it and to make it look like any other motherfucking dumbmaker game !

I want something that has taste, and I want it hard to finish ! Keep developping DayZ as you currently do, that's the way we like games.

Edited by Kehlian

I still haven't figured out why these Kos players don't play wasteland or vanilla arma

population and popularity .

also the zombies do help distract fresh meat to make an easy kill even easier ....

population and popularity .

also the zombies do help distract fresh meat to make an easy kill even easier ....

Dunno what you mean by "population and popularity," because most wasteland servers have like 70 slots open, and many of them are filled up constantly.

I'm sure there will still be customized servers (CHILL OUT MATE)

Hello guys I need a developer to help me out on a map im working on if anyone can help contact me at Skype: tanner.skibosh thanks to anyone who does