Sign in to follow this  
Cerberus_HC

Dayz Standalone - Time Period Difficulties

Maybe its due to the recent release of Metro: Last Light, but I've started thinking that it would be awsome if there was a time themed difficulty system in dayz standalone!

easy difficulty = One week after the infection:

all cars work perfectly, loads of supplies and ammo, no npc bandits, many heli's and loads of military check points.

25% less zombies

Normal difficulty = 6 months after the first infection:

vehicle have problems, ammo and supplies moderatly rare, npc bandits, slight military presence, few buildings destroyed.

10% less zombies

Hard difficulty = 20 years after first infection:

NO vehicles(have to find all the parts), ammo and supples extremely hard to find, many buildings destroyed, bandits, all gas pumps destoyed, no hospital loot, no air vehicles, military weapons extremely rare, no military,

0% less zombies

I think it'd be cool, probably not something others think is cool, but I think its cool.

It sounds interesting but I don't know how it would work because people who start playing a year after release will have totally missed out on the first bit of the game. I think it would be too difficult to implement properly in a game like DayZ.

Especially with the real-time aspect as well. And I think NPC's ruin the game, but that's just my opinion. There are enough people wanting to play to make the game a completely player based community (aside from the zombies themselves of course).

No offense but this idea is exactly why I don't care for the mod in its current state, these difficulties you're explaining the first one sounds like all these servers with 1000+ vehicles and full starter gear. The second one sounds like the same thing a little dulled down, the third on the other hand isn't as bad because that sounds harder then vanilla DayZ which the bigger the challenge the better. And as for your NPC bandit idea we have already encountered how the priests work and that's not what I would consider the best to be sniped from a 500 meters away with an AK.

No offense but this idea is exactly why I don't care for the mod in its current state, these difficulties you're explaining the first one sounds like all these servers with 1000+ vehicles and full starter gear. The second one sounds like the same thing a little dulled down, the third on the other hand isn't as bad because that sounds harder then vanilla DayZ which the bigger the challenge the better. And as for your NPC bandit idea we have already encountered how the priests work and that's not what I would consider the best to be sniped from a 500 meters away with an AK.

http://dayzmod.com/f...4-poll-vanilla/

I do like this idea btw, but in reality it already exists. Some servers are like the easy difficulty, some are hard.

Edited by Beck

DayZ really isn't the game for it, but a zombie game that begins just before the apocalypse and allows us to experience the fall of society and rise of the dead would be pretty awesome. Most games drop you into the hell of the dead so to speak, without effectively explaining or showing how the world got there. I see where you are coming from though.

Edited by Saethkept

I don't think the OP is suggesting servers are on timers only that servers are either Easy, Normal and Hard. So if you play on a Hard server it is the equivalent of being 20 years after infection. You play on an Easy one it is equivalent to one week after Infection.

I kinda, sort of, possibly like what you are suggesting apart from the NPC's. I don't know how much fun a sever with nothing on it would be though.

I don't think the OP is suggesting servers are on timers only that servers are either Easy, Normal and Hard. So if you play on a Hard server it is the equivalent of being 20 years after infection. You play on an Easy one it is equivalent to one week after Infection.

I kinda, sort of, possibly like what you are suggesting apart from the NPC's. I don't know how much fun a sever with nothing on it would be though.

DemonGroover is right, I was suggesting NOT that the game use a timer, but that the diffculty levels reflect a time zone!