BasedJay

Hacker using my name

I just downloaded DayZ and joined this server where you start off with tons of gear. I know it wasn't the best thing to do, but since I had a limited amount of time to play, I figured this would be fun. I started playing and made my way to Cherno. Suddenly, something typed with my name saying I was going to get the hacker a car. I clearly did not type it. Are there hacks like that that can use your name to type? Is there anyway I will get banned?

private hives can ban you for whatever they like so if you start typing about hacking things in then they might ban you just to be safe. Was there someone else on with your name? If not then maybe it was a script kiddie. If that's the case then server admins will need to be even more careful with bans.

It said I typed "MERCURY I'LL GIVE YOU A CAR" Someone said it out loud with there mic and I quickly typed "I didn't type that". It typed again and I quickly aborted... are private hive bans global bans? I just bought the game and don't want to get banned for a stupid reason ... Sorry if I'm so paranoid. I just don't want to get banned :/

Global Bans are only handed out by BattlEye, worst case scenario the server admin bans you from that server only. I've never seen what you describe happen so don't know if it's possible, any number of players can use the same username though.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

Okay hopefully nothing happens. Anyway, thanks for the fast replies everyone!

you name is not unique

there can be multiple ppl with the same name on a server

you name is not unique

there can be multiple ppl with the same name on a server

Except they will be like "TheDuriel(1)", etc.

• Like 1