nickpicks56

Stupidest thing you've ever done in DayZ?

So yeah, stupidest thing you've done? For me, it'd have to be that one time I was in Vybor, and was preparing to go into the NWA, and I was in the supermarket. At the time I had an alice pack, and I found a british assault pack on the floor. So I though "Hey, it's bigger so I'll switch out my alice pack." I had never switched a backpack before, but had watched people do it on let's plays. Anyway, I thought that when I take the Assault pack, it'd drop my alice pack so that I could take the stuff out of it, but nope, my alice pack disappeared. So I google'd it, and apparently you had to manually drop your alice pack. Not like I lost a DMR and all of my medical/food loot D:

• Like 1

Let me set the scene.

My group is performing a well coordinated assault on the Polana Factory. We are taking heavy shots, I am in a little bird as passenger, my role is CQB assault, and we are approaching the factory. very intense.

I, with all my wisdom, decide to eject from the little bird to get as close to the action as I can. Little do I know, that is not a good idea. My parachute hits the rotor, send my team's heli spiraling down in to the factory, along with the pilot.

• Like 2

Wait, I have one more.

My guys just got an Mi-17, and I had the most flying experience, so they gave it to me. Fly it with no problem. To give you the full view of the story, I am almost always the pilot for my group, and mess with my guys a lot. I turn off the engine in mid flight and such, pretend to divebomb, etc. Back to the story.

Welp, we are about 100 meters off the ground and we run out of fuel. The engine shuts off, and I yell, EJECT EJECT, due to the fact I always mess with these guys, they proceed to yell variety of things along the lines of "Fuck you Jordan". I eject out about 20 meters off the ground, and end up killing everyone else in the heli because they thought I was screwing with them.

EDIT: I survived the crash. And now they all make me refuel every chance I get, and ask me about every 10 minutes if I have fuel.

Edited by Jordan*
  • Like 1

So I google'd it, and apparently you had to manually drop your alice pack. Not like I lost a DMR and all of my medical/food loot D:

Hahahaha I do that kind of accidental deletion stuff all the time. I've lost more than a few guns just this week, I miss my baby M24.

• Like 1

Wait, I have one more.

My guys just got an Mi-17, and I had the most flying experience, so they gave it to me. Fly it with no problem. To give you the full view of the story, I am almost always the pilot for my group, and mess with my guys a lot. I turn off the engine in mid flight and such, pretend to divebomb, etc. Back to the story.

Welp, we are about 100 meters off the ground and we run out of fuel. The engine shuts off, and I yell, EJECT EJECT, due to the fact I always mess with these guys, they proceed to yell variety of things along the lines of "Fuck you Jordan". I eject out about 20 meters off the ground, and end up killing everyone else in the heli because they thought I was screwing with them.

EDIT: I survived the crash. And now they all make me refuel every chance I get, and ask me about every 10 minutes if I have fuel.

Oh lol Jordan.

My own flying related stupidity.

The regular flyers in my squad are myself and Viktor and we're both relatively talented with a heavy dosage of insanity. At once stage we had a few Huey's airborne and Vik and I spent most of the time flying them at one another at high speed and passing within a few centimetres of each other.

The dumbest thing I have done, hands down, was when I found a Huey up north and hopped in it to find out that it was quiet low on fuel. I flew over to the Gorka/Polana fuel station (near the woods south of Dubrovka) to hover in and fuel up. Now I was a little bit hungover so I I decided after two minutes of failing to land I would just use auto hover, except when I went to push auto-hover i accidentally hit eject and fell twenty meters to my death.

Embarrassed, I ran all the way back up there from the coast to find my body yet unlooted but the helicopter partially damaged. As I made my way out of the area another group came rolling in (soon to be the squad that Jordan is in) and I hung around for a while before getting stuck in to them. Fortunately they had the parts I needed to fix the Huey and once the blood and dust settled I threw the main rotor and engine parts in and tried to take off, only to have the rotors smack into the roof of the gas station and send me sky rocketing and spinning in all crazy ways before back into the ground..

Somehow I survived and ran away into the woods crying.

• Like 2

Oh and another one.

My buddy and I were pinned in the NWAF firestation months ago, probably only the third or fourth time we got up there. Somebody on the runway side lit us up with an M4 and a dude with an Mp5 was shooting at the back door. Pinned, I decided to throw a frag grenade out front to distract them (along with some smoke grenades) and make a break for the woods (thinking an Mp5 couldn't do enough damage).

Unfortunately when I threw the grenade I went too high and it bounced off the top of the door and into my stupid dumb face. (BOOM) I was dead and my buddy knocked out and bleeding.

• Like 3

I accidentally left clicked. Shot a player on accident and had half the zombies on me and that guys clan. Was not a good day.

I and my teammate were about to loot an helicrash, and i decide to throw a grenade, i didnt press the mouse button for long enough so the grenade just falled in my face, you can guess what happened

I stole a SUV from this random guy after killing him, Turns out he was a leader of the 20 Member Clan who plays on the server. They tracked me down to Cherno and just blew me up.

Me and a friend spent a few hours running between car wrecks picking them apart and repairing another. As soon as it was good enough to drive we immediately drove it into a brick wall, caught fire and died.

• Like 1

Pick up a crowbar... Seriously, those things are useless.

I ran in a town and got sniped wasn't even being chased by zombies or anything

My battle buddy and I were mingling with some shady types at their camp on a hill above the power station outside Elektro when one of them decided to randomly fire his M-14 at a zombie that had strayed our way. This was during the 1.7.5.1 early days. Well there were five us, and well geared, we decided to make a stand and teach the oncoming mob of zombies a hot lead lesson. Heck, our UAZ was parked a few feet away, and the shady types had a British Off-Road on standby (which we were eyeing because they had stolen it from our camp up north).

So we all opened up with our boom sticks like in that scene from predator, only instead of empty jungle, around forty to fifty zombies were charging at us. I had a MK48, my buddy a FN FAL. We were doing good, all the while unaware that the sound of our big guns had drawn zombies from down the hill behind us. So we get caught in a zombie pincer movement. I run out of main gun ammo, and draw my G17. Now I am an artist of the headshot with the Glock - and zombie foreheads are my canvas. But, we also wanted to get back our jeep ... without having to outright murder to do it.

So over TS3 a hasty plan is made to shoot out the engine of our heavily damaged UAZ, wing our shady hosts in their legs and drive off in our recovered jeep. UAZ disabled, we could hardly move for all the zombies swarming us so my buddy tosses a grenade. Everyone's legs broken, the zombies eat us and later, when we regrouped and raced back to the now enemy camp everything interesting was gone. Thus a chain of stupid decisions on my part. But it was fun and hilarious and tragic.

I once shot a guy in Cherno with my AS50, looking through my nightvision scope, with my silenced M4 in my backpack, enough food and water for a small army, and my car parked nearby, because I thought the unarmed survivor might take loot that I need.

• Like 3

I once shot a guy in Cherno with my AS50, looking through my nightvision scope, with my silenced M4 in my backpack, enough food and water for a small army, and my car parked nearby, because I thought the unarmed survivor might take loot that I need.

I read this and then I saw your signature, you shameful hypocrite

I read this and then I saw your signature, you shameful hypocrite

It was a rub at the utter stupidity of the rationale bandits use for shooting unarmed survivors. 'He might take loot I need'. It is literally the stupidest argument I've ever heard. And how they say it, the situation I posited is exactly how it must happen.

Hahahaha I do that kind of accidental deletion stuff all the time. I've lost more than a few guns just this week, I miss my baby M24.

I'll be honest, I always fail to see how people loose items this way. The few times that I have moved something into a full backpack by accident, it was on the ground right behind me.

Well it was in the beginning of our DayZ-Career, when a friend told us that he played it before and has excelent gear and would like to join us.

He showed us the basics and we moved with his help up to Starry Sobor, at this point we had nothing but pistols and a ak 74 besides our well armed mentor ;-)

One of our newb team was pretty suprised as a zed showed up and since he is a pretty good shooterplayer he aimed for it and gave it a headshot in no time. When he realized he just "headshoted" our ghillie suit guy ^^ He was so shocked of what he just did, he stood there for 30 more seconds without saying anything ;-)

And well the most stupid thing I did...

We were a group of 5 Players in the Elektro Church when we realized that 6 players where in the church and we didnt know who was the "wrong" guy when the shootout started. I stand near to the altar and the rest of them at the doors so i decided to simply throw a grenade into them and simply blast everything i saw, i finished 2 guys with my enfield just to ensure the bad guy is dead...

After that my team mentioned i should overthink my idea of collateral damage ^^

Edited by Swordsworn

The most stupid thing iv'e done in Day z is trusted someone, pure and simple.

Putting an M240 in an already full backpack. *opens backpack* .....where is....... my.... *mini hart attack*..... NOOOOOOOOOOOO