OrLoK

Crafting Discussion only

Hello there

Here's the place to rant about crafting ideas. This keeps the suggestion thread free for poor old R4Z0R. All those hours chained to his PC has affected his vision.

The suggestion ONLY thread is http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/135962-crafting-suggestions-no-discussion/

Rdgs

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

Craft me a sandwich. SANDVICH!

No but really, can we combine food to make better meals?

Edited by Rage VG

Crafting should not neccesarly need a blueprint, you should be able to craft something after seeing or studying another crafted object.

__

On a more serious note :D

I want them to focus more on the low-mid end of the game when it comes to crafting, especially concerning the lower level and the usage of melee weapons.

I feel at the moment there is too much of a rush to military weapons (Sniper rifles and high-end Assault rifles with attachments) and it really removes the whole 'into' to the game because everyone just rushes to military spawns.

• Like 1

I don't like crafting weapon attachments other than silencers. How do I make a freaking CCO out of a metal pipe??? But sights should have batteries anyways.

• Like 3

Well im in more favor of a non blood profitable meals type, atleast less than it is now, no human is able to eat a whole cow in 10 seconds.

I like your idea though, if the survivor only can eat when hes hungry you should choose a very good meal if your blood is low.

Depends. All cooked meals will be subject to vigarous reviewing.

3sxnop.jpg

• Like 1

There should be options for multiple versions of campfires.

#1 a simple pile of sticks set on fire which can potentially burn you and some terrain,

#2 a pile of sticks surrounded by rocks a safe more expensive alternative to the cheap fire,

#3 an expensive fire you need pipes and scrap metal, a metal pot, rocks and wood to have the ability to cook things like meat, etc.

Edited by Blondedash

On 5/17/2013 at 4:17 AM, Cap said:

How do I make a freaking CCO out of a metal pipe???

It's easy bro, took me 5 minutes.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 12

One thing I don't like is the "Failure ratio" for most items. If you have a blueprint for the more difficult items I think the chance should be 0%, though there should be a chance of failure if it's like a camo net.

Edited by voddler

@ BD http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/hiking/compass2.htm

re:http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/135962-crafting-suggestions-no-discussion/page__st__80 my post

Im assuming some of the scrap metal is magnetised. If we can craft AIM sights from bottle tops then this isnt far to much of poetic licence IMHO. Plus AFAIK there are no magnets in game.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

One thing I don't like is the "Failure ratio" for most items. If you have a blueprint for the more difficult items I think the chance should be 0%, though there should be a chance of failure if it's like a camo net.

I always follow Ikeas instructions yet i have a fairly high "failure" rate when I assemble the furniture There needs to be some element of risk and falure to every craft I think

I always follow Ikeas instructions yet i have a fairly high "failure" rate when I assemble the furniture There needs to be some element of risk and falure to every craft I think

I have literally a house full of Ikea crap but have never failed to put them together correctly. I think if you have a blueprint you shouldn't fail,

Maybe there should be blueprint crafting and 'copy' crafting which then has a higher fail rate.

• Like 2

I have literally a house full of Ikea crap but have never failed to put them together correctly. I think if you have a blueprint you shouldn't fail,

Maybe there should be blueprint crafting and 'copy' crafting which then has a higher fail rate.

This seems like a reasonable idea to me. At least I feel as though with a blueprint it'd be easier to put something together--as in your example. Then again, I can think of times where I have the "vision" of something in my mind; however, when I go to create it...there's a few snags along the way.

Cheers

I'm not sure what we should be able to craft. If you want to maintain realism look to army survival guides, but then you would only be crafting traps, shelters, latrines, bunkers and such. I really can't think of anything logical that you could make besides the items I just listed. You could craft navigational devices with sticks and such. You could make a variety of melee weapons, mostly spears and blunt clubs. You could create a variety of booby traps. I think with a collection of proper tools you could craft certain parts for vehicles but honestly, it's unlikely that you would have the proper tools to do any real automotive repairs. Hmmm... just not sure what's realistic.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

The ideas suggested by box don't really appeal to me. And by posting so much shit (IMO) anyone who posts in between will have their ideas missed. (I can put any amount of money on that statement)

The game is going to turn into mine craft at this rate.

/rant

What if the attachments need various levels of repair? Say you find a scope, but it needs a machine screw or a few washers. You would also need the manual to figure out how to properly attach it. I guess I'm talking about "crafting" in a different way than what we've previously seen in games. Not you need A,B,C to create D but you need A,Z and knowledge level 1,2,and3 to master D.

I like the idea of needing a "Chiltons" auto manual in order to perform certain repairs to vehicles. I think the idea of needing blue prints, manuals, and guides is a good thing. Cleaning and assembly instructions for firearms would be key for proper maintenance.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

Crafting is good. Let's roll with it.

But not weapon attachments...other than 2L soda-bottle silencers.

There's absolutely no way a survivor can manufacture a sight that would be better than using the existing iron-sights on a gun. By any stretch of the imagination (unless of course you're Gews...see above)

Make weapon attachments rare on certain guns, or just make them require batteries (red dots, holos)

Instead, let's go ahead and put in the Origins-style shelters that can't be destroyed. I don't even mind if they're smaller and don't let you regain health when sleeping (unless you log out inside one).

Edited by taco241

Yes you can

Crafting should not neccesarly need a blueprint, you should be able to craft something after seeing or studying another crafted object.

You need a action object. For now this cant be helped However we do have an idea using hum yea ill go over this another time. For now blueprints/pattern give that right click action

I don't like crafting weapon attachments other than silencers. How do I make a freaking CCO out of a metal pipe??? But sights should have batteries anyways.

This has been reworked you will find out move later.

• Like 1

I would like options to craft a few primitive weapons and items:

- Arrows

- Tomahawks

- Spears

- Fishing Equipment (line, rod, net, gig, hook) (provided that fish and the ability to catch them exist at some point)

- A simple item of outerwear such as an anorak or poncho which gives some protection against the elements.

• Like 1

Like other people have said, crafting a ghillie or camo netting to hide camps and vehicles would be great. The only problem would be "ghillies, ghillies, everywhere" so it would have to be balanced somehow... right now there's no disadvantages to wearing a ghillie.

Sidenote: R4Z0R avoid adding chance to a crafting system ingame (or almost anything else). If not this would turn like the usual MMORPG where your game results doesn't depend on your skill but on your luck and on how many time you spend on your computer gaining level so you can 1hit-1kill people which has less spare time (well at least we still don't have the level thing here). But this is how it starts. 0 skill in just having more luck than others.

fail chance is just an extra system its added to the blueprint so there is a chance you can make something wrong ie a part used in something bigger.

Example

8 X 2 inch pipes = frame

2 X netting = Cover

Frame + Cover = Tent (Fail chance 0.5 50% chance to fail due to cover being too small for frame)

This is why we have 0 it will always be created no fail chance.

Just as an example.