Sign in to follow this  
zestykunt

Haven't played in ~10 months, can someone fill me in on the major changes?

I am thinking about getting back into DayZ and getting some friends of mine to buy it, but since it's an alpha I figured it's possible there would be some major changes that I didn't agree with.

Here's how I remember the game, if anything is significantly different please tell me:

- you spawn along the coast

- you have to go far north for the best loot

- Towns are mostly for food/medical supplies

- Barns/deer stand are the easiest source of low-end weapons

- You spawn with a flashlight

- No way of killing zombies until find a weapon

- It was possible to just DC to avoid being killed, people connect and spawning next to you was also a problem.

- Server hopping was commonly used to get loot.

- Once you had a bit of experience, zombies were a joke and the real game was pvp.

- Very difficult to lose zombies except juking around buildings

- Most annoying aspect of the game are people with good gear camping spawns/towns.

- Hackers started to become a problem around when I quit.

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by zestykunt

- you spawn along the coast Still the same

- you have to go far north for the best loot Still the same

- Towns are mostly for food/medical supplies Still the same

- Barns/deer stand are the easiest source of low-end weapons Still the same

- You spawn with a flashlight Still the same

- No way of killing zombies until find a weapon Still the same

- It was possible to just DC to avoid being killed, people connect and spawning next to you was also a problem. there has been some work to fix these but there is still many ways to do it

- Server hopping was commonly used to get loot. Private hives have solved this issue although, most of them have like 1000 vehicles and spawn you with a gun which ruins the mod, so i guess try and find a good private hive like Balotabuddies, BMRF etc.. and stick with it.

- Once you had a bit of experience, zombies were a joke and the real game was pvp. Still the same

- Very difficult to lose zombies except juking around buildings Still the same

- Most annoying aspect of the game are people with good gear camping spawns/towns. Still the same

- Hackers started to become a problem around when I quit. even worse but has slowly died down over the last few months as they got bored i guess, it got to the state that everyones anti-hacks were made by hackers.

that is with 100% honesty.

Edited by Stapo
  • Like 1

was the mod even out 10 months ago?

Zombies are a bigger joke now then what they where 10 months ago. you run a few meters and they stop chasing you basically.

Overall not the much that has happend. Biggest change is that most people play on private servers. Which ususally involve less survival but more military loot and vehicles.

Ohh and Day 24/7. Kinda dull really.

What I have notice in past few months. I only play on private hives.

1. Significant less hackers. Many reasons for this, but I think the biggest one is there are better admins on private hives. They act right away and they listen to the players on the server.

2. Lots of 50+ servers showing up. This is a good development.

3. Zombies are a little more broken than when you left. Zombies love to clip through walls with latest patch.

4. Server hopping is a thing of the past on private hives. And this is one of the biggest advantage of a private hive over a public one. I don't look forward to server hopping when the standalone comes out.

5. Combat logging is still around and the anti-combat logging measure suck. You can't leave the game if you are standing next to your buddy. You haven't fire your weapon or been fired upon for 10 minutes but you have to wait 30 seconds to log out. The server resets and you can't abort because of the combat logging bs. It's stupid. In any case, the only people who combat log are douche snipers who you are shotting at. Those douches don't know how to fight. Snipers camping in full gear shooting fresh spawn is a lot less in private hives because it is much harder to dupe items. Those noobs are too scared to lose their gear.

6. Overall, the dayz experience has improved alot compared to about 6 months ago.

Edited by boatie

It had it's first birthday in March i think and these forums have been around since April.

What I have notice in past few months. I only play on private hives.

1. Significant less hackers. Many reasons for this, but I think the biggest one is there are better admins on private hives. They act right away and they listen to the players on the server. WRONG, 90% of admins use basically hacks and they abuse the crap out of it.

2. Lots of 50+ servers showing up. This is a good development. there is barely any fully stacked servers at most times and when they are they are 1000 vehicle servers with hacking admins.

3. Zombies are a little more broken than when you left. Zombies love to clip through walls with latest patch. always happened.

4. Server hopping is a thing of the past on private hives. And this is one of the biggest advantage of a private hive over a public one. I don't look forward to server hopping when the standalone comes out. sigh, you do that rocket has access to the ENGINE right which means he can fix the issue.

5. Combat logging is still around and the anti-combat logging measure suck. You can't leave the game if you are standing next to your buddy. You haven't fire your weapon or been fired upon for 10 minutes but you have to wait 30 seconds to log out. [insert whining here] as stated above "there has been some work to fix these but there is still many ways to do it"

6. Overall, the dayz experience has improved alot compared to about 6 months ago.

well no offence thats a load of crap, the dayz experience has go A LOT worse because of private hives

sorry for the added anger, im just trying to be as honest as possible.

Edited by Stapo

Yes, I've been playing it for 13 months now!

Edited by Box