evotech

Zombies after patch 7.1.1.4

If this is as Rocket intends' date=' why not make him put cowbells on all the newly spawned players and add tap-dancing shoes onto them as well? At least that would make sense.

[/quote']

Because it's probably not what Rocket intends.. and you are in fact nothing but a lowly alpha test, who is not only UNPAID, but had to PAY for the game in order to alpha test it.

You are frustrated, and that is good, at least you feel something.. think of the poor zombies man, all they can feel is the need to eat brains, and some fucker keeps re-wiring their stupid little logic circuits over and over just think how frustrated they are!

Oh my god i'm weeping just thinking of the poor zombies...

Haha, actually unlike the children that make up the majority of this community, I'm not mad at all. I just felt the need to seem upset since it seems the only way to get noticed around here is to cry and kick your feet... I just won't play until its fixed, I'm not going to cry about it, plenty of other games installed. I'll check back when this gets rectified.

an example and my experience now:

if u run like usain bolt = zeds from around 125m+ will instantly hunt you... ( and the crawlers are very sensitive now )

if u crouch ( fast crouch or slow crouch doesnt matter ) = zeds from around 75m-100m will instantly hunt you ( crawlers around 50-75m )

prone ( its very good but crawlers from around 10-20m will hunt me <--- WTF????? )

its very hard now, especially on daytime and on nighttime its like daytime from 1.7.0.0 and earlier, i find it to hard to explore towns now or move on the outside of a town...

Also noticed - whenever I get prone and within 50 meters from a zombie, it starts moving towards me slowly. If it is a big town - I get surrounded if I lay down on the same place for a few minutes.

well, behaviour of zombies is strange.

If you are fully equiped, like I was still this morning, it is tough, but fun. But if you die and you have to start from the beggining, it is frustrating and almost unplayable. Not because I am not patient and carefull enough, or because I am a noob, but because it seems that game AI is "cheating".

It happened to me 4 times a couple of minutes ago, I spawned on the coast and I aggroed some zombies presented around immediately, even without a move. It is insta-death.

Stealth indicators are strange now too. Sometimes there is not even a single bar at my audio and visibility indicator, but I am aggroing zombies tens of metres away when moving prone slowly in the grass, no matter if it is day or night. But what more, it is not the same everywhere and everytime. Sometimes I can move crouch fast near the zombies and they won't get aware, but sometimes I am aggroing them even when moving prone and slowly, as described above. It is hard to master any survival skill if AI behaves absolutely unpredictable.

It is almost impossible to get to the city (to find some basic equipment like the hatchet, bandages, food and drinks...) unnoticed. With no gear on me, it is pointless attempt, but how to survive then?

Don't get me wrong, I love challenge and DayZ was quite "boring" couple of patches ago when zombies weren't anymore a real enemy I should worry about, but this is another extreme.

In my point of view, ok, zombies can stay as hard as they are now, but then I should have chance to defend myself since the very beggining (means gimme some weapon, at least the hatchet, on spawn), or I should have a chance to sneak somewhere to loot (means fix or balance visibility and audibility when going prone).

And btw, the hatchet...I love the chance to smash some bad zed's head with hatchet, but it is really neccessary to keep it in primary weapon slot?

well' date=' behaviour of zombies is strange.

If you are fully equiped, like I was still this morning, it is tough, but fun. But if you die and you have to start from the beggining, it is frustrating and almost unplayable. Not because I am not patient and carefull enough, or because I am a noob, but because it seems that game AI is "cheating".

It happened to me 4 times a couple of minutes ago, I spawned on the coast and I aggroed some zombies presented around immediately, even without a move. It is insta-death.

Stealth indicators are strange now too. Sometimes there is not even a single bar at my audio and visibility indicator, but I am aggroing zombies tens of metres away when moving prone slowly in the grass, no matter if it is day or night. But what more, it is not the same everywhere and everytime. Sometimes I can move crouch fast near the zombies and they won't get aware, but sometimes I am aggroing them even when moving prone and slowly, as described above. It is hard to master any survival skill if AI behaves absolutely unpredictable.

It is almost impossible to get to the city (to find some basic equipment like the hatchet, bandages, food and drinks...) unnoticed. With no gear on me, it is pointless attempt, but how to survive then?

Don't get me wrong, I love challenge and DayZ was quite "boring" couple of patches ago when zombies weren't anymore a real enemy I should worry about, but this is another extreme.

In my point of view, ok, zombies can stay as hard as they are now, but then I should have chance to defend myself since the very beggining (means gimme some weapon, at least the hatchet, on spawn), or I should have a chance to sneak somewhere to loot (means fix or balance visibility and audibility when going prone).

And btw, the hatchet...I love the chance to smash some bad zed's head with hatchet, but it is really neccessary to keep it in primary weapon slot?

[/quote']

Maybe it is because it is more focused on visibility now. You can get reeeeally close to a zombie if you approach from the back, but his eagle eyes will spot you from miles away

logged onto alot of servers post 1.7.1.1 - 1.7.1.4 at NWAF loot hunting.. doing the usuall trek out to spawn the loot, and have to agree that the Zeds make you brown pant a little.. (well on night maps). Also never came across ONE stack of road flares in over 60 server joins over my 5 hour stint (yes the wife was out and kids at school). Not to digress, This is for all those new people that are finding it hard to start out. I have noticed that (and only on a server wher I have been alone) if you agro alot of zeds go into a house and log out , then log back in again, and aslong as your the only person in the area, the zeds will disapear and you will be safe to loot again. This will allow you to find a gun or melee weapon and deal with this new Zed behaviour. Also, maybe the reason we have no weapon is that they are implimenting the new Melee system to give survivor a melee weapon at the start.. granted they could of waited to remove the fire arms, however I guess you would rather shoot than hit if given the option, and that aint gonna get feed back as much as they need to polish melee. Awesome for them to spend this much time on somethign they dont get paid for.. Thanks Devs keep it up and please revert some of the zeds behaviour to the 1.7.0 build. at least untill some privat servers have been able to tweak the new version. Oh and all teh new folk complaining.. it aint CoD or BF or CSS... learn to play a new way!

I at least agree that the visibility needs to be tweaked. I do like challenge but now they're hearing and seeing you from anywhere and everywhere. I can crouch in a building and move slowly and a zombie will somehow see me now and come into the building. I love prone as it is now, but crouch (especially walking slow) put off a lot of visibility and some sound.. even in more hidden environments. I'm finding you pretty much have to prone everywhere.. sometimes even in buildings now.. it's a bit excessive. I'm all for stealth, especially challenging stealth.. but i think the visibility for more covered environments should be reduced slightly.. maybe just one eye each.. and possibly less to no sound in buildings if walking crouching slow.

Again.. could be that indoor stuff is still being worked on as I know Rocket advised having some difficulty with some of the more indoor coding.. something about ..rays.. or something heheh.

There seems to be a lot of people saying they are pulling dozens of zombies after them - the towns must be empty. Tell me where you are - you pull the Zeds and i'll stroll into town, grab the beans and casually leave.

There seems to be a lot of people saying they are pulling dozens of zombies after them - the towns must be empty. Tell me where you are - you pull the Zeds and i'll stroll into town' date=' grab the beans and casually leave.

[/quote']

Seems legit.

getting the same sound (5 bars) while crouch running and full on sprinting is ridiculous.

Also using stairs while crouch walking brings my sound up to 3 bars. That means just going up stairs is pulling zombies from over a block away.

Stealth no longer exists.

well, whatever, I am just saying it is not fun to start over and over again. Before this patch, I was able to survive for let say 5 - 7 days, and I died just because of my greed, stupidity and/or lack of awareness.

Tonight, I've been playing for 3-4 hours and I died 14 times. A fourteen times. Only one death was because of bandit. I tried a lot of different approaches, I've kept an eye on indicators, I've tried to flank zeds left and right, I've even tried to avoid them at all, but in the end I've aggroed them somehow in every single attempt. And as I stated before, in some cases I aggroed them after very spawn even without a move, just because I spawned near some building.

In every good game, for any action should be some counter-measure available, but I don't see any here in these cases after last patch, that's my point.

Dont worry people there will be FIXES - give the Devs some time - this is the experimental stage of development, some things will work, some will go the way of the dodo. When this is a full release game we will all laugh and remember these times fondly - days when we got owned by spidey sense Zeds, or the day of the Great Bean Famine. Relax. Enjoy.

Ok Grandpa off to bed.....

Dont worry people there will be FIXES - give the Devs some time - this is the experimental stage of development' date=' some things will work, some will go the way of the dodo. When this is a full release game we will all laugh and remember these times fondly - days when we got owned by spidey sense Zeds, or the day of the Great Bean Famine. Relax. Enjoy.

[/quote']

Back in my day(Z) we ran to the NW Air Field and back every day, uphill, at sub-zero temps, and being chased by zeds both ways!

I'm just making sure they're aware. I don't want to submit it as a bug if it's intentional. As long as the feedback is productive I totally endorse these threads. Though they shouldn't be recreated over and over.

Dont worry people there will be FIXES - give the Devs some time - this is the experimental stage of development' date=' some things will work, some will go the way of the dodo. When this is a full release game we will all laugh and remember these times fondly - days when we got owned by spidey sense Zeds, or the day of the Great Bean Famine. Relax. Enjoy.

[/quote']

Back in my day(Z) we ran to the NW Air Field and back every day, uphill, at sub-zero temps, and being chased by zeds both ways!

Bah...i used to do all that before my bean breakfast, with two broken legs, no weapon, bleeding from every orifice....and i felt lucky!

[/quote']

We makes these threads to make devs aware, it's called feedback.

I am LOVING the zombies in the new patch!

You can lose them but its hard, then they come looking for you, find you again. Or stand at the doorway looking around trapping you. Its a real challenge now.

Excellent stuff Rocket, superlative.

I am LOVING the zombies in the new patch!

You can lose them but its hard' date=' then they come looking for you, find you again. Or stand at the doorway looking around trapping you. Its a real challenge now.

Excellent stuff Rocket, superlative.

[/quote']

Melee weapon is good for taking out a lot of zombies coming into buildings without making to much noise. The range is a little exagerated though. Hopefully visibility/sound in buildings will be tweaked, but im sure that will all come as time goes by.

[/quote']

But dont you think after the 500th time of "The Zombies awareness is too high - they see me from 3 miles away" the Devs may have gotten the message? I am sure they know the problems - banging on about the same issues over and over doesnt really help. Dig deeper, find other issues.

I think id like to see only crawling / crouching zombies breaking your legs but not knock you out. And vise versa for the standing ones.

most people know its a alpha but the game seems to be getting worse and worse .i just joined a server and could not lean or crouch run outdoors then once i entered a building i could? its understandable its alpha but after every hot fix they break more stuff and they blame servers and players for being nubs and not knowing what to do.i have played this mod for long time and even got frinds to buy arma 2 just to play but since 1.7.1.1 not anymore and i feel bad know they bought it .out of 35 members that played it only 2 still do .;( alpha or not think mod was better when just rocket was working on it .to meny hands in the cookie jar know.

[/quote']

But dont you think after the 500th time of "The Zombies awareness is too high - they see me from 3 miles away" the Devs may have gotten the message? I am sure they know the problems - banging on about the same issues over and over doesnt really help. Dig deeper, find other issues.

No, i don't think so, it is important to not let the big issues that affect a lot of players get buried, it may be that some players enjoy this, but i think several voices and their thoughts should be herd on a subject, not just 1-10 players thoughts.