ravey

Functioning Dams.

I was actually walking across Pobeda Dam the other evening and just thought. " hey wouldn't it be cool if you could open the Dam and flood the adjacent valley!"

I think that could be a cool little thing like the idea of being able to active the power station.

Hmmm a dam that activates a hydro electric power station! Now that sounds like a fun!

Hell yeah I want electricity I couldn't survive without it. Edit: it is a big thing but could be awesome I agree with fraggle.

Edited by Blondedash

I'm not sure flooding a massive part of the map is a little thing. Would be fun though.

I don't even want to go near Pobeda Dam. It didn't like my car, so Mr. Pobeda blew it up. Not cool, Pobeda Dam, not cool.

Force someone to wade into one and laugh as they get sucked into the turbines...

In further thought I was thinking that an open dam could be used to take out large buildings that are held by either bandits or heroes.

Depending on what you are will depend on how you activate the dam so bandits get to blow it up :) where as heroes get to turn it on or off...

So to add an example:

Bandits have overrun the power station and are holding the building to ransom and killing anyone that comes close. Heroes are having a hard time taking them out so they decide to flush the filthy bast.... Bandits out. Literally.

They run off to the dam that supplies the power station with power (hydro-electric you see to keep the carbon police off our backs). They then open the gates to the dam and flood out the power station to kill everyone inside.

The dam and power station will then reset after a suitable time period.

It's a nice idea but I don't think it will happen. To model and animate flowing water on the fly and run it in real-time is nearly impossible with everything that's going on in the game. Minecraft is the only game I know of that does it and that only works because it's blocky Minecraft-water. If there's any other games that do this as well, please tell me, I like to learn :D

Pre-baking the animation so the engine doesn't need to compute it on the fly might work but still, I'd rather see rivers and such before we can flood stuff.

It's a nice idea but I don't think it will happen. To model and animate flowing water on the fly and run it in real-time is nearly impossible with everything that's going on in the game. Minecraft is the only game I know of that does it and that only works because it's blocky Minecraft-water. If there's any other games that do this as well, please tell me, I like to learn :D

Pre-baking the animation so the engine doesn't need to compute it on the fly might work but still, I'd rather see rivers and such before we can flood stuff.

There's a great game with flowing water in it where you manipulate the landscape (it's a god game) and the water acts accordingly. You can control the water an lava ect too. I can't think of the fekkin name though! I'll go and look it up. It's made by the same guy that developed Another World in the 90's, great game too.

But yeah, it'd never work in DayZ.

Here it is, From Dust:

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

There's a great game with flowing water in it where you manipulate the landscape (it's a god game) and the water acts accordingly. I can't think of the fekkin name though! I'll go and look it up. It's made by the same guy that developed Another World in the 90's, great game too.

9YS8Fzu.png
  • Like 2

It's made by the same guy that developed Another World in the 90's, great game too.

Nostalgia! I remember playing that game, I loved it.

I think I'm gonna check out From Dust as well, it looks pretty cool. Thanks for posting the cover / name, Chabowski and Fraggle for the vid :)

Edited by BadLuckBurt

Wow you could turn Elektro into swamp town. Imagine the array of water-borne communicable diseases you could get off that..

• Like 1