fiyerfli

Will anyone continue playing Dayz?

I just wanted to ask the community this one question: Will anyone keep playing the Dayz mod for Arma 2? I know Dayz has been ported to Arma 3, but I do not know if it will catch on. Will people keep playing the mod, especially after the standalone comes out? If you will keep playing, will it be vanilla, or on differant maps, or mods such as Origins or Breaking Point. I just wanted to see if anyone would keep playing the original mod that started all of this. This is my OPINION (opinion only, I don't mean to start a conflict of any sort, I'm just asking a simple question. So, here is my opinion): I will keep playing the mod as well as the standalone, if there are still mod server up and people playing on them. I don't want to see the mod die, so I just want to know, will anyone keep playing it?

Edited by fiyerfli

Hello there

The A2 mod will always be vastly different from the SA and as long as someone continues to work on it then it will live.

No A3 unofficial port will properly take of until after the release of a full and stable A3.

The release of the SA will draw many away, especially initially, but may be too hardcore for many.

Regardless, remember folk still play and mod for OFP rather than move to Arma so as long as there are folk playing the mod and its derivatives will exist.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Myself, I will continue to mod and play DayZ for the foreseeable time to come. Judging by the traffic at DayZ modding communities such as Tuungle and OpenDayZ, I expect the mod will live on in various forms for years to come. There seems to be a somewhat common process among those who come to DayZ. It begins with playing the game, slowly transitions to mastery of the game, finds the player becoming a private hive admin and soon after, an amateur coder who spends ungodly chunks of days and nights experimenting with modifications to their server. A few of the aforementioned go on to create their own DayZ mod ... but that is something for those much more gifted at managing their time than I.

Hello there

The A2 mod will always be vastly different from the SA and as long as someone continues to work on it then it will live.

No A3 unofficial port will properly take of until after the release of a full and stable A3.

The release of the SA will draw many away, especially initially, but may be too hardcore for many.

Regardless, remember folk still play and mod for OFP rather than move to Arma so as long as there are folk playing the mod and its derivatives will exist.

Rgds

LoK

After they finish copying stuff from OA and A2 to A3 they aren't really going anywhere. All they have done has copied and pasted, as longs as there is a set dev team for SA we should se a better, smoother, graphically beautiful and featurefull game.

but of course, that only in theory. time will tell.

The mod support will drop within 6 months I am guessing. Especially if SA is a hit. Either that or patches will come out once or twice a year for it.

When SA comes out no-one is going to play the mod.

Because science.

• Like 1

I will take my last char to the debug forest and strip him of his items in remembrance of the great debug stolen items whilst logging in fiasco. Then move onwards to the SA.

tears shall be shed.

• Like 2

I will take my last char to the debug forest and strip him of his items in remembrance of the great debug stolen items whilst logging in fiasco. Then move onwards to the SA.

tears shall be shed.

That... was beautiful

• Like 1

I cant quit her no matter how hard I try.

You. Look. FABOLOUS! :D

IMO even after SA will comes out DayZ mod will stay alive - because its kinda good place to test things before implement them in SA.

ofc there will be huge people drop on first days but some of them will come back to mod later.