Sign in to follow this  
TraneCZ

What about new weapons?

Hello, I know it was there. Yea, right. We are talking about Desert Eagle. Because I am playing a lot of first person shooters, and because I am playing Counter Strike, I love weapons like Deagle, AWP, etc. So here is the idea: can you add some new weapons? Like deagle (5k damage, 0,2% spawn chance on crash sites,..). Or AWP/L96? i think DayZ community will appreciate this. DayZ needs new blood!

I think SKS, Moist Nugget, VZ.58 and Mauser rifles should be added. I don't think finding a .50 AE sporting pistol in a military helicopter makes too much sense..

Moist Nugget? :D

Also, don't you think 5k blood damage is a little high for a handgun?

It doesn't matter. Any new gun will be good.

5k damage is too much? DayZ is about surviving. Why we cant do it more realistic? In real life, after one shot with 50cal, you will be on the floor in pieces.

Edited by TraneCZ

What about fresh gameplay mechanics, useful and rare non lethal loot or heck just loot that isnt guns. So many guns, far to much ammo. Another gun to kill people with is worthless, there are ample already.

Ok, so.. You want more rare weapon spawn? Or what? Ok, I am bandit, but It will not be so much fun to see every survivor with hatchet on NW airfield.

Desert Eagles don't really fit in with DayZ, however if you like alot of weapons I can suggest the DayZ: Breaking Point, a mod for a mod in itself. Adds over 600 different weapons, 100 of which are handguns (mostly it's variants of the same weapon or so I've seen).

Regardless, DayZ needs more appriopriate weapons that fit the theme of a post soviet island of Chernarus. Surplus and Civilian weapons (Makarovs, Lee Enfields, Mosin Nagants, SKS) in general need to be increased in chance to find and Military weapons should appear sparsely with Russian Military weapons (AKS-74U, AK-74, AKM) appearing more often over NATO style weapons (M16, M4, M24, DMR), British Weapons (L85, L115A3, AS50) even more so do to their them being extremely powerful).

Yea, I know about BP. But its scanning registry keys and sending GUID, your user name to developers, scanning whole computer for Cheat Engine, etc. I am afraid of this, because it can be dangerous in some point.

And this is DayZ forum, so talk about DayZ mod, not about mod for a mod. ;)

Edited by TraneCZ

Damage isn't arbitrary, it's calculated, a Desert Eagle would do ~4000-4800. I wouldn't want to see one in DayZ, I think everyone can guess why.

I don't think a desert eagle would be a good addition. More WW2 era weapons I could agree with as some have listed above.

Damage isn't arbitrary, it's calculated, a Desert Eagle would do ~4000-4800. I wouldn't want to see one in DayZ, I think everyone can guess why.

At the very least I'd like to see a ,357 magnum revolver, there pretty common and it kinda suits Chernarus

Like I said. I am playing DayZ since release and now its stereotype for me... My first goal was to find Mountain Dew, I found it. And what can I do now? It isnt fun with combat loggers (esc-alt+f4, if you know what I mean).

5k damage is too much? DayZ is about surviving. Why we cant do it more realistic? In real life, after one shot with 50cal, you will be on the floor in pieces.

Having a .50 cal side arm won't help you survive, you won't be able to find ammunition for it, or be able to hold the damn thing. As well as the fact every zombie will hear you shooting it.