Sign in to follow this  
Kailla

How the hell are you meant to lose a zombie starting out = \ ??

Ok so with the new patch you have no starting weapon right? thats cool, i love it,

but if you aggro a z when starting all you can do is run right? now you can hide from zombies right?

the thing is when you run into the forest and try to lose line of sight with a zombie they stop for a second as they lose you but as you are still running they must hear you again as they start chasing you again = \.

Now im open to some tricks or hints from any other players, but maybe if we were able to run a slight bit faster then zombies and lose them in the long run?

i enjoy this being a challenge and realistic but it feels like when starting the game if you aggro a z you may aswel just respawn as you cannot out run them..

I just run until I don't hear the screaming anymore. It seems there is now a limit as to how far they will follow you.

I'll try to avoid running up hills since it seems to add 7 earth's gravity for some reason.

so there is a limit as to how far they will run? well that helps, i thought they will chase you all the way till ARMA III = |,

i just want to find an 'easier way' as the only way i can find is LUCK, by running in a forest get behind a tree, crouch and run backwards, and if im lucky they will stop, but that doesnt seem realistic, neither does the fact that they run faster then us (which isnt the un-realistic part) and then they have to stop to attack us. if they're going to run faster then us then they should be able to kill us on the run, but as the ARMA engine does not allow the whole running and attacking thing maybe let us run abit faster then them. =D

in an urban environment is easiest, just run into or around buildings and i seems to lose them quite fast. Also hop a fence and take off and then dive to the ground also works well.

ahh good idea, hopping fences :P , see im afraid of running around houses, last time i did that 2 zombies turned into cherno + electro haha

I did like you did and ran up a hill through the forest. After I crested the hill I did stop, turned around and laid down. I waited for a good 5 minutes and I didn't see the Zed anymore or hear it. So it must of lost sight and sound of me and stopped pursuing.

I did like you did and ran up a hill through the forest. After I crested the hill I did stop' date=' turned around and laid down. I waited for a good 5 minutes and I didn't see the Zed anymore or hear it. So it must of lost sight and sound of me and stopped pursuing.

[/quote']

You don't need to wait that long :D

Watch them u can see when they go into "lost" mode. Standing almost completely still. That's when you know.

There a few things you can do to lose a zombie without a weapon.

1) Run diagonally up a very steep hill. You will know it's steep when you can't run straight up it. Just 'Zig-zag' up the hill. The zombies seem to get stuck at the bottom of the hill, lose sight, and wander.

2) If you are in a dense forest, try running around and past trees. Try and aim for the thick ever greens as those seem to make the zombies lose sight the best.

3) Run into a building with another exit. The zombies will follow in, walk, as you run out the other exit.

Hope this helps.

There a few things you can do to lose a zombie without a weapon.

1) Run diagonally up a very steep hill. You will know it's steep when you can't run straight up it. Just 'Zig-zag' up the hill. The zombies seem to get stuck at the bottom of the hill' date=' lose sight, and wander.

2) If you are in a dense forest, try running around and past trees. Try and aim for the thick ever greens as those seem to make the zombies lose sight the best.

3) Run into a building with another exit. The zombies will follow in, walk, as you run out the other exit.

Hope this helps.

[/quote']

I find that if you sprint up the the evergreen trees with branches close to the ground, then fall prone near the trunk, they can't seem to get you. If you pick trees close together, crawling a tree of two over will put them back in regular mode.

Simply running behind a wall while making a fuck ton of noise won't confuse a chimp, and it won't confuse a zombie. However, it appears that when you make a noise and they can't see you, they run to where the noise was, not to YOU. They will also stop for a moment every time they reach a location and you aren't visible.

Solution? Keep evading them. Don't go around one corner and think you are safe. Go around 5 corners, and keep moving away from them. The current zombies are almost entirely sight based, focus on getting out of their vision, and forget about making too much noise. You only need to be about 20 meters away from them to be out of audible range.

Sometimes I run around the corner and drop on the ground instantly. Then I start praying to all of the unexisting gods, because some magic force is deciding my fate. Zombies can stop or they can run around the corner and attack me like if they were tracking me with heat detectors. And it is not like I can help this, it always comes to luck.

Currently the zombies are bugged in such a way that when they lose focus of you, they stand still, at the exact location where you left them - Which is obviously a problem when you walk into a house and realise there isn't another exit. You'll just have hordes of zombies standing in the doorways.

I noticed this when i got to elektro(?) where there's a church. I was being chased by a few z's, only to realise I was heading in the direction where the church is.

I ran in.

They began to walk.

I went into crouched-walking mode, and manoeuvred past the benches to get behind them, and they just stopped dead where they were. Didn't move, didn't even pursue the last known location I was (which apparently is a new addition in the recent patch).

So i guess...thats a bug?

the easiest way is to run straight trough a building, like those red once, for some reason they stop chasing , running inside some houses and quickly closing doors sometimes helps, but the sound of the waiting undead really rips trough my patience

and if you are near a coastal city, climbing ladders to cranes seems to help before this patch came out xD i am a pro outrunner of z's ;p i been outrunning them before they could be outrunned because of a bug xd which still works great :) (i think it is a bug at least)

I've found that the only way to lose them is by using the steep hill. And hiding once you get over the top didn't help at all, in fact they found my "prone behind a tree" arse and I was halfway down the hill.

No, the best way is to run up the hill(zigg zagging, etc) and then book it on the other side. Put as MUCH distance between you and them as you can. They have too good of detection otherwise.

The thing is, whenever im running through trees or even up a hill i find that they stop every once in a while, but then notice you probably because or the sound you make while running, and they will start chasing again, this goes on and on.

But as they run super fast they catch up to you at each interval, so i dont know about you guys, but at the moment it just seems like the only way to lose a zombie is either by luck, or some sorts of bugs/exploits people are finding unintentionally.

I just hope a dev can shed some light on this.

Currently the zombies are bugged in such a way that when they lose focus of you' date=' they stand still, at the exact location where you left them - Which is obviously a problem when you walk into a house and realise there isn't another exit. You'll just have hordes of zombies standing in the doorways.[/quote']

This is not a bug, it is a feature (and pretty realistic i would say). If they loose you at the entrance they will continue to investigate there to check where you gone (as we learned from the zombie fiction.. they will never learn).

If you didn't payed attention to enter into a building with only one exit, while followed from zeds, then it's your mistake.

In the future i would love the option to exit from the house windows tho.. but that's another story.

Yeah i love the idea of being able to exit through a window..

Yeah i suppose then if you aggro a z far away from a city the only way to lose them with this current patch is to run towards a city or village and head for a house.

Its realistic as hell and thats why i keep playing this mod even after dying a few times, i just find there may be some realism in making it a bit easier to lose zombies in a forest too?

You guys all seem to find houses the best bet for losing them which is fine by me, but i think if we made forests slightly more effective for losing zombies it would make things better for players starting out.

That way we are'nt making this an easy pick up and play game for people, we are just adding slightly to the realism..

I just run until I don't hear the screaming anymore. It seems there is now a limit as to how far they will follow you.

I'll try to avoid running up hills since it seems to add 7 earth's gravity for some reason.

This is simply not true. They will follow you indefinitely unless you get at least 300meters between you and them. After that, they will lose interest and let you go.

Best way to lose a tail is to duck into a building. They cannot sprint while indoors so they are much easier to deal with.

One time I had a zombie chasing me for a good 20 minutes, through forest, field and factory... eventually I just thought "screw it, gonna count down from 10, and then just dive on the floor prone and hope for the best".

3...2...1....hngg

and then I got mauled to death and died. Don't try that.

Forest (trees) is effective to loose the aggro, if you manage to let em loose the LoS.. that it may be relatively easy for a single zed, but a pain for multiple zeds.

The most common error when trying to avade from zombie is that ppl still running, trying to place the biggest possible distance between them and the zeds... this is rarely the best solution. If you have noticed, zeds losses their aggro immediately after the LoS is break to regain it again as soon the LoS is regained.. *but* if you go prone as soon the LoS is break, you can manage to escape without much trouble.

This tecnique (currently) works: you run finding a good place to break the LoS (it can be a tree), as soon the LoS is break you go immediatly prone and start crawling, this way the zed will not aggro you again; if you do not stop, but you'll continue to run, it's a way hard to evade, since you'll never manage to have enough distance to not being noticed again.