Sign in to follow this  
Ironhuge

Anything new?

I'm under the impression that everything died since the last devblog. What is happening? When can we expect any new information about the 1.7.7 community build or for that matter the SA progress?

This has been said MANY times:

The SA will be realeased...when it's ready. When will it be ready? Nobody (including rocket) knows.

As for 1.7.7., it is currently in testing right now, and will be realsed when it's approved by rocket after his light hike up Everest.

Don't tell him! Make him read it for himself or live a life of ignorance! :P ;)

• Like 1

This has been said MANY times:

The SA will be realeased...when it's ready. When will it be ready? Nobody (including rocket) knows.

As for 1.7.7., it is currently in testing right now, and will be realsed when it's approved by rocket after his light hike up Everest.

Why, AFAIK rocket is not even a part of the community build anymore?

Don't tell him! Make him read it for himself or live a life of ignorance! :P ;)

Right back at ya! That is pretty ignorant to miss that no official channel or even pinned thread states that the 1.7.7 patch will be released after rockets return from everest. I'm also getting tired of all mods and devs stating "the SA will be released when it is ready". I'm a developer my self and I can surely say that without a deadline nothing will be ready. There will always be more work to be done and to ignore the "customers-to-be" is simply not a good sell tactic.

http://dayzmod.com/f...g-soon-to-dayz/

my thread about everything involving 1.7.7 razor himself posts there

Thank you, I'll make sure to read that thread.

Edited by Ironhuge

I'm also getting tired of all mods and devs stating "the SA will be released when it is ready". I'm a developer my self and I can surely say that without a deadline nothing will be ready. There will always be more work to be done and to ignore the "customers-to-be" is simply not a good sell tactic.

Just my 2 cents:

There probably is a deadline for the alpha release, they're just not telling us about it IMO... :P About the full game nobody can know just because of the multitude of features planned and discussed.

Edit: Rocket is making SA (duh? :P) thats why he is not actively involved in the mod. He just approves of the updates for the mod as said above.

Edited by Zarniwoop

Just my 2 cents:

There probably is a deadline, they're just not telling us about it... :P

We can only hope :)

• Like 1