Ander (DayZ)

DayZ hive maintenance

There will be some HIVE maintenance in the coming days.

This means that there will be intermittent outages while we move some data around. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 13

Will this possibly fix some Public Hive issues?

Thanks

There's still servers on the public hive? Wow.

There's still servers on the public hive? Wow.

Obviously...

Guessing you don't look at the server lists a lot.

hmmm................. i must just re download dayz after all these months of not playing and play ye ol' puplic hive.

'

SERVER WIPE SERVER WIPE SERVER WIPE SERVER WIPE!!!

Obviously...

Guessing you don't look at the server lists a lot.

Guessing I don't play on any server other than my own.

Guessing I don't play on any server other than my own.

AI takes away the feel of DayZ. So does modding it.

Some updates.

HIVE has been upgraded with some brand spanking new hardware.

Including better CPU, much more RAM, SSDs.

It has also been re-located to a new DC which is better in terms of connectivity to most of the world and the US.

Restarting your public hive servers should move you over to the new HIVE.

Note: you will notice a slight rollback (a couple of hours).

Old HIVE server will be shutdown on November 20, they will not be continously synced.

New HIVE will continue to run indefinately until any other decisions are made.

Why public hive?

We still collect statistics from public hive. We can see how many users are playing DayZ on regular basis.

Well, with the advance of anti-cheat tools there's a bunch of servers out there on public hive that can be as cheat free as a private hive. Public hive has some advantages such as saving your character across several servers, a standard dayz without too much bling bling.

If people have some ideas on how to improve hive, feel free to help out by letting me know :)

• Like 2

Old HIVE server will be shutdown on November 20, they will not be continously synced.

New HIVE will continue to run indefinately until any other decisions are made.

help me out, what is ment with "old" hive servers?

Servers which are running an outdated modversion?

I seem to be having an issue where my server is flipping between old hive and new hive.

it looks like some servers are on this "new" hive, while some are still on the "old" one. I've confirmed this by logging in and out of a variety of different public hive servers, sometimes logging into the woods with a dmr, and other times logging in with a lee enfield on the docks

well as he said the server has to restart to get on the new hive, since many servers arent monitored that well there are many servers which wont get on the new hive till their 24h restart so today you should ran into this a couple times :)

• Like 1

i'm so sorry...i want to say it hard to connect the pulic Hive from China!

我很抱歉我刚刚发的垃圾信息,我想说在中国很难连接上数据库!

And can i make friends with you ? I just want to have a chat about DayZStandalone with DayZ Staff !

sorry my english!

122710xgim22gzc09cubi9.jpg

As soon as you restart, apparently, your servers state will reset to whatever it was like 12 hours ago or something because it will switch the hive.

Most people don't realize what happened, this was really poorly done and makes things even more complicated than they already are, splitting the community even more.

You should have just shut down the server and force everyone to the new hive.

Now people play and will wonder why they loose everything on another server or if their server switches.

An ingame announcement would also help alot.

This is something that falls upon server owners. It's not the DayZ mod teams job to do that. Server owners should be on here regularly to monitor if any changes or updates are going to be made. Although a sign up system with a alive status should be implemented so a email system could be set up to announce via email on big changes such as this, in my opinion. It still all comes down to being the server owners responsibility in keeping their players up to date on up coming or current changes.However I think it would have been slightly better that once a server was on the new hive that it couldn't go back to the old, the flip flopping between the two is very annoying.

Edited by Bondue

I wasn't speaking about the server database flip flopping that is something that needs to be fixed asap and should be quiet easy to do by adding variables to both databases and a edit to the server to connect to that database. The flip flopping is very completely unacceptable, and needs to be fixed ASAP

I would much rather have outages than this happening.

I agree, I have no idea currently which hive to play rather just have nothing to play than have 2 different versions of my server running not knowing which one will continue on :/

at the moment i have to restart the server after every restart one more time to get it on the new hive.

Its literaly everytime that way, so i know how to "fix" it but autorestarts arent working currently it all has to be handdone.

cheers

Swordy

I agree, I have no idea currently which hive to play rather just have nothing to play than have 2 different versions of my server running not knowing which one will continue on :/

The correct server would be the one that appears to be rolled back from my understanding.

at the moment i have to restart the server after every restart one more time to get it on the new hive.

Its literaly everytime that way, so i know how to "fix" it but autorestarts arent working currently it all has to be handdone.

cheers

Swordy

It usually takes me two to three restarts to get it on the new database, on top of the auto restart I maybe just set up 3 restarts for every one restart my server restarts 4 times a day so I'll try and kick it up to 12, 3 per restart about 3 minutes apart. Might help, I don't have the time or the help to moderate every restart, every day.

My question to the dev is can we modify the init.sqf under dayzhiverequest to send a request for the new hive, instead of the old hive?

Edited by Bondue