Sign in to follow this  
Madrias

Is this abuse of store-looting allowed?

I can't watch the video on the computer I'm currently on, but I'm guessing you're talking about loot cycling (Drop loot outside, wait a few minutes until new loot spawns, repeat)?

Is this abuse of store-looting allowed?

Embedding fixed:

People have been doing this since day one. It isn't new. Fairly lame abuse of the hive system but I don't think you can get banned for it.

Edited by Azurestorms

pointless video is pointless... server-hopping for loot has been around since the beginning.. if you need a youtube video to figure that mechanic out, you have more serious issues than the lack of tents and sardine cans...

"I have with me a Lee Einfield" EINFIELD?! ....stopped watching after he said that.. ...einfield.....

Edited by TwelfthGS
  • Like 2

Hello there

Server hopping. An exploit. Bad form. Good boys and girls don't do it. Common knowledge though. Vid maker gets kitten fur rubbed in his eyeballs as punishment.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I used to shoot at Server hoppers at the NWAF. Good times, good times. Didn't kill most of them as I was using a M16 ACOG from 650 meters away. Most normaly combat logged. If I saw you run in from the woods or something I didn't do any thing. Server hoppers in my book didn't count for my don't KOS pollicy.

it's allowed...but frowned upon.

Like masturbating on an airplane.

Loot cycling and server hopping is a major exploit and defeats the purpose of the game completely. It you want to hear up quickly then go and play the actual ArmA game

I agree that server hopping is silly. I had a server owner partner once on a private hive who turned out to be using our server to gear up for other servers on the hive. Banned him however, for teleporting. Really, I never noticed server hopping too much in DayZ. It was while dirtying my boots in that other 'Z' game that I grew to hate them.

NWAF you will find your server hoppers at. It is where some of the best gear is and once you did your rounds, go hit up another low pop server.

Cherno and Electro are known for the ghosts though, that is perhaps the dirtiest exploit I know. Hacking sucks, but I would rather be script killed than ghosted.

it's allowed...but frowned upon.

it's tolerated.

Like masturbating on an airplane.

Its tolerated. but fun

This and loot cycling is yet another fundamental flaw in the mod. Will it be fixed by standalone? No idea. If it isn't? The standalone will be yet another FPS.