oxln

Are they Zombies?

I've seen many people say they are zombies and other people say they're not. I just want to get this cleared up thanks.

• Like 1

Technically they are not. Everyone will call them that, though. Even the mod calls them zombies.

class zZombie_Base : Citizen1 {

scope = public;

glassesEnabled = 0;

vehicleClass = "Zombie";

displayName = "Zombie";

fsmDanger = "";

fsmFormation = "";

zombieLoot = "civilian";

moves = "CfgMovesZombie";

isMan = false;

weapons[] = {};

magazines[] = {};

sensitivity = 4; // sensor sensitivity

sensitivityEar = 2;

identityTypes[] = {"zombie1", "zombie2"};

class TalkTopics {};

languages[] = {};

• Like 1

Technically they are not. Everyone will call them that, though. Even the mod calls them zombies.

Lol

lets go with zombies since thats the chosen term?

If the game calls them zombies then it works for me. Zombies is just a name so if that's what we want to call them then we shall. If A zombie hipster wants to tell me otherwise I'll tell him to poke it.

• Like 4

These are zombies in the sense that they were in 28 Days Later. They aren't reanimated corpses - you don't die and become a zombie (unless you're playing DayZ Epoch, that is... :) ), they are living infected humans. There will always be a debate about whether or not these are truly zombies; though, personally, I think it's safe to use the word to describe them even if they don't fit the classic mold.

• Like 1

People call them zombies because it's the most common term for such, but they do not follow the predefined definition of a zombie. Zombies are dead, these are not. Zombies are decaying and thus cannot run, these can out run Usain Bolt in a 300 meter sprint. There is no defined back story, but I made my own and I'd suggest you check it out. It may not be official canon, but its what me and my friends follow by. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/134511-my-own-back-story/

Edited by Cap'n
  • Like 1

Reanimated dead? No. Zombies? Yes. Apparently their organs still function, as when you perforate their innards, they stop trying to get you. My thinking follows and has been influenced by zombie genre examples. Headshots only or mostly indestructable means they likely just stood up out of the grave or slid off the embalming table in some small town funeral home. Shots to the chest and down for good ... they were still alive when they started trying to bite you.

Edited by Saethkept

Apparently these are also zombies:

KpqQAuB.jpg

mmmmmmm. chicken drumstick. slurp.

I think rocket sayed him self its not zombies its "Zeds" no?

The rest is basically what Cap'n sayd:

...People call them zombies because it's the most common term for such, but they do not follow the predefined definition of a zombie. Zombies are dead, these are not. Zombies are decaying and thus cannot run, these can out run Usain Bolt in a 300 meter sprint.,,,