AfterShave

Forum friendlies, where the hell are you in-game?

Title saids it all, 90% of the people on here are self-proclaimed heroes and constantly bash people who KoS like me.

I think it's time people got off their moral high horse and admit that most everybody practices KoS, well anyone who has lived for more than 2 hours anyways.

If you KoS and do it shamelessly, post here and have beans.

Edited by AfterShave
  • Like 3

I don't KoS.

I, however, do not judge you for doing so. You say Better safe than sorry, I say I like to take risks with people. It's the variety that makes the community so colorful.

Please, don't stoop down to the level of people who mindlessly bash literally everybody who KoSes. If you do, you'll only ever be at best as bad as them.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 5

I KoS too. But sometimes I really don't feel like doing it and I put my self to the friendly mode. And then I speak with people and take all the possible risk's.

I even give out some guns to people.

• Like 1

I only KoS if I can do point blank as50 or DMR shots because it look badass

I am a situational KOS(er) I have no regrets when I do, it means you did something wrong. If you are 600+ meters out I am not going to worry about you per say.

The last time I killed anyone in game was in.. June? Can't even remember it to be honest.

EDIT: Obviously been killed a lot though.

Edited by Terrorviktor

If you have something which I need. I will kill you.

Otherwise don't cross my back

My play style largely depends on what is happening on sidechat, The server I tend to play has death messages, and if I see that lots of people are getting killed frequently then I tend to KoS as I know with reasonable certainty that there are bandits online. If however there is lots of friendly chatter on side and few death massages then I will be more open to random team ups and such.

Will also depend on who is online as the server I play is a private hive and as such has mostly regular players, and you get to know who you can trust and who you cant.

Edited by spangley_special
  • Like 1

Ehh, I never kill on sight. Generally I'll sit and watch them...and then I will kill them.

But sometimes I save people.

• Like 1

I play the game player-wise with the mindset "If I don't try, I'll never know". Sure, I get killed a lot, but I've also met some genuinely nice people.

I KoS alot of the time because

1: I don't have a mic, yet.

2: I don't want to be KoS'd.

3: i want all ur loot

Edited by dulix11

I dont kos and I also live for long durations based on the way I play. I live at pobeda dam 98% of solo game play and just wait for medical calls to go help players.

• Like 1

When I see someone, I do one of three things. A: Turn the other way and run screaming like a small child. B: Take inaccurate potshots at him while hoping he gets mauled by zombies. Or C: Spamming smoke grenades at a building hoping it will collapse.

Edited by Cap'n

I dont kos and I also live for long durations based on the way I play. I live at pobeda dam 98% of solo game play and just wait for medical calls to go help players.

You don't know what solo is until you've spent a week, alone, in Skalka. You'll come out a changed person.

• Like 1

You don't know what solo is until you've spent a week, alone, in Skalka. You'll come out a changed person.

I got to the point where I named a pig lucy and followed her for dayz we eventually made love. I still dont know her true gender

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

Im wearing a god damn heroskin and kill everything with a threatening looking weapon :D, well mostly everyone whos walking around with a primary weapon ^-^

My current character would be about 10 days old if wasn't for two deaths to that deadly killer 'getting out of a helicopter', Think in that time I've killed one person who despite me talking to him cam at me with an axe. Seen plenty of players though in that time.

I dont think a forum is an accurate representation of the player base of a game as most casual players will never go to a forum. and i'm willing to bet most casual players adopt the KoS style of gameplay as its what comes naturally after years of conditioning from playing your typical first person shooter.

Also, in a world where many do KoS the best way to be friendly and stand any chance of survival is to keep your head down and avoid the bandits, so naturally you're going to see less of those people in game.

Also, isnt the bandit section the wrong place to ask for friendly players :D

Edited by Fluxley

Most of them are too busy watching the Care Bears while out saving talking animals under a giant rainbow.

if they have a long gun i will KoS

I am a situational KOS(er) I have no regrets when I do, it means you did something wrong. If you are 600+ meters out I am not going to worry about you per say.

This.

I dont think a forum is an accurate representation of the player base of a game as most casual players will never go to a forum. and i'm willing to bet most casual players adopt the KoS style of gameplay as its what comes naturally after years of conditioning from playing your typical first person shooter.

Also, in a world where many do KoS the best way to be friendly and stand any chance of survival is to keep your head down and avoid the bandits, so naturally you're going to see less of those people in game.

Also, isnt the bandit section the wrong place to ask for friendly players :D

I am not asking for friendlies, I am simply annoyed by everyone bashing on people who KoS even though they probably practice it themselves.

• Like 1