Monxer

Surgical Kit

A drop found inside of hospitals or medical tents. This should go into your toolbelt, and is needed for the treatment of any gunshot wound. You can still temporarily heal yourself by bandaging yourself/be bandaged but every 10 minutes after this is done you will start bleeding again. The only way to stop the periodic bleeding is to have another player with one of these kits come and remove the bullet/bullets from your body.

Edited by Monxer
  • Like 6

I like the idea that you need a kit to remove a bullet out of your body. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to remove a bullet from your body, unless you have some basic tools (which has the potential to cause an infection) or you could have that kit. This idea has alot of potential.

But the idea of bleeding every 10 minutes isn't the most realistic approach. If you were shot in the leg, and removed the bullet if it was still in your leg, a simple medical bandage would stop the bleeding.

Are you talking about patching people up in the field with a combat medic's kit or performing actually surgery?

I like the idea that you need a kit to remove a bullet out of your body. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to remove a bullet from your body, unless you have some basic tools (which has the potential to cause an infection) or you could have that kit. This idea has alot of potential.

But the idea of bleeding every 10 minutes isn't the most realistic approach. If you were shot in the leg, and removed the bullet if it was still in your leg, a simple medical bandage would stop the bleeding.

Yeah I understand it isn't very realistic. But I tried to think of something that works within the current game mechanics that isn't too game breaking. I figured we could replace the real life application and switching out bandages and removing the bullet to prevent infections with the simple fix of just adding periodic bleeding. But if Rocket decided to add in infections with wounds then that would also work perfectly fine.

Are you talking about patching people up in the field with a combat medic's kit or performing actually surgery?

Well I guess I meant along the lines of a combat medics kit. I don't expect players to do full blown surgeries in the field. Just some sort of prerequisite needed to remove a bullet if shot.

Edited by Monxer

Maybe you could use a knife or some pliers at a high risk of infection?

How about, you can't regain full health after getting shot, unless you get this done.

So after a battle, you'd get shot (a few times is OK to allow some playability) and your max health would be capped at 80% unless you get to a campfire, with a tin can, some water (to sterilize the kit), then you use the medical kit (on yourself or on someone else?) add on a bandage and you can get back to 100%.

I like this surgical kit idea.

• Like 2

How about, you can't regain full health after getting shot, unless you get this done.

So after a battle, you'd get shot (a few times is OK to allow some playability) and your max health would be capped at 80% unless you get to a campfire, with a tin can, some water (to sterilize the kit), then you use the medical kit (on yourself or on someone else?) add on a bandage and you can get back to 100%.

I like this surgical kit idea.

^This

Making it so you can't just get a quick transfusion, take some painkillers and bandage yourself and be ready for another fight is a good idea.

After an intense fire-fight you and your friends have to try and get somewhere safe and secluded to patch yourself's up well and good. Some of the stuff could include digging out bullets/pellets, disinfecting and bandaging any cuts or bruises, inspecting any heavy blows you may have taken and maybe even having to pop a joint back into place or using a splint to support a fractured bone.

Helps to add to the realism and will also help discourage city murder sprees by bandits armed with Lee Enfields, blood bags and the knowledge that after a fire-fight they can easily get back to full strength to kill the next innocent survivor.

• Like 1

Not every bullet stays in you ofcourse. Depending on it's speed, caliber, shape, whether it hits a bone or not etc etc, a lot can go clean trough. Guess you could make a mechanic out of that though, give it a % chance for the bullet not exiting the body and having to be removed.

• Like 1

Not every bullet stays in you ofcourse. Depending on it's speed, caliber, shape, whether it hits a bone or not etc etc, a lot can go clean trough. Guess you could make a mechanic out of that though, give it a % chance for the bullet not exiting the body and having to be removed.

This makes different bullet types important. A simple slug could stay there if not in a harmful place as long as the wound is taken care of ( bandaged or stiched ) but the pieces of a fragmenting/fragmented round that causes a lot of tissue damage would have to be removed. Would make gunshots with 5.56 and 5.54 a lot more dangerous/annoying since a lot of players seem to use that caliber in the game and they are said to do this kind of damage.