Sign in to follow this  
ionicpaul

Map determines playstyle?

Generally, I'm pretty opposed to PvP if it can be comfortably avoided. I have fun killing players who are a threat, but I generally don't like killing someone out of vague distrust or because I want his stuff...

Unless I'm playing Origins. I started playing yesterday with three friends, and we all spawned in Byelov (it's on Taviana). After killing a confirmed bandit, the server restarted and became day time. The AI helicopters started strafing the town and all hell broke loose as I was hit by the M240 and lost all my blood without dying. We managed to avoid most of the choppers but then realized there were several other players in the town. Long story short, I killed four players with my enfield and a grenade. Only two of them were unavoidable. Killed one for his truck and killed the other who had hidden away in a building.

This is a big deviation from my standard gameplay. I'm not sure if it's the lack of supplies in Origins, especially early on, or just because it was a new environment and I was trying to control it, not having a firm grasp on what is relatively "safe" in Taviana. Still, it was a huge difference and it's a bit strange to me.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Edited by IonicPaul

On the default map I can't spell, I'm almost always friendly. On Namalsk though, I either go full bandit for full hero.

What he said.

On namalsk I tend to make a fire on the outskirts of vorkuta and sit there waiting for somebody to notice me, at 1 point I had 4 people sitting round the campfire.

So its must do

On namalsk I tend to make a fire on the outskirts of vorkuta and sit there waiting for somebody to notice me, at 1 point I had 4 people sitting round the campfire.

So its must do

You got to admit tough, that Namalsk with it's Stalker parts really invites Stalkers to relive the Chernobyl/Prpyat experience. In that sense it's a special mod.

@OT: I think wether Side is enabled or not makes much more difference than the map. Second biggest influence is wether there are Guns in starter-gear.

No Side, Starter-Guns, better prepare for PVP;

Side On, no-guns, give people a chance.

That's why Origins has more pvp. No Side by default and makarov as starter-gear.

Namalsk= kill on sight, Lingor= Kill on sight, Taviana= Kill on sight, Panthera= Kill on sight, Chernarus= BEACH PARTY!

• Like 1

Namalsk= kill on sight, Lingor= Kill on sight, Taviana= Kill on sight, Panthera= Kill on sight, Chernarus= BEACH PARTY!

2bandit4me

Yea i agree with origins i like to bandit cause everything is so hard to find and with cherno im usally friendly but namalsk it seems everyone hates u and wants u dead lol