Sign in to follow this  
torama (DayZ)

[Stand Alone] closed House

Some homes will be locked. It will be possible to find the key in the zombies around the house or in city/ village.

The material can be stored in closets.

Barricade the windows with the wood (and hammer) to prevent other players to enter.

If the player does not activate his house for a week, house reset and the key disappears from the player's inventory.

It's just a idea

Sorry for my english.

Edited by torama
  • Like 5

Your English is great.

These have been mentioned before but, still good ideas.

or....you could smash the fuck out of the lock with a crowbar/hatchet instead of finding a key....but takes longer and brings aggro

then it would require for the owner of the house create reinforcements on the door (scrap metal, spikes ...)

I think you should be able to break down home made security measures via having a selection of tools. add a chainsaw and most houses will have new doors in the side. no need for a lock or metal plates then (the server will be ruined in a day)

As for defence, A good location would be suitable or a simple grenade could cause a lot of damage, I am talking about location, gradient, position, by / near water supply etc. I think a great idea for buildings is to allow tunneling into them, having no obvious way in would enhance the experience of getting in buildings. tunneling is hard work and requiers materials in itself, time should be spent doing it and not quick instancing.

Perhaps a skylight / open window access method would be great also, giving players a measure of how long it would take to secure and time how long it would take an invader access.

Everyman and his posse will try to take over a town and be targets for bandits and the more determined. Either way, players in buildings should attract Zeds by the shitload unless in stealth mode. You could tell when players were occupying houses by a higher percentage of Zeds (Similar to zed counts in a town giving position away but based on stealth and noise levels. Hell, Zeds should be inside the buildings waiting for players when they try to get in.

then it would require for the owner of the house create reinforcements on the door (scrap metal, spikes ...)

I'm sorry, but does a plank of plywood and some scrap metal stop a .50cal round from opening your door? Didn't think so.

Your English is excellent. I think this would be really cool. Also, I think destroying locks and doors to get in is fine as long as you have to rebuild if you want to make it secure again.

Its a great idea.........for a smaller server. There would be absolutely no locked houses after the first day or so, because if someone ever actually wanted to camp one spot, in the middle a an attraction site for players, and they did create a locked house and all, it would be completely destroyed by the next guy who has a gun. It is human nature to be curious, and sometimes destructive. As a result, the player would just break down the door because they don't want to have to find another key, and they just want to get in.

I think we should just limit the number of home closable, 6 or 7 in the entire map to avoid problems you say

I think we should just limit the number of home closable, 6 or 7 in the entire map to avoid problems you say

Six or seven??? How bout 70 or 80 special houses at least. Six or seven would accomplish nothing. I don't really like the idea of havin special houses though. Feels really gamy.