afewgoodzombies

Repost: Dayz dot ST downtime and poor support issues.

Be forewarned...

Stay away from dayz.st.

They are plagued with problems. They seem to get DDOS attacked more than any fortune 500 company or the United States Federal Government.

That isn't the only problem though. When dayz.st makes a change or experiences a "larger than usual DDOS attack", and paying customers go to their irc support channel, the admins will lock the chat and mock everyone. They will commonly say, once the chat is locked, "haha, they can't complain now." Admin "toker" is more than famous for these type of antics. He is a real piece of work that guy. This company is a disgrace. Mocking your customers, pathetic. I refuse to support any company with that type of business etiquette.

So is this how you want to be treated as a paying customer? They are a joke and think you are a joke too. Yes, you will have problem wherever you go...is what I commonly hear, but I assure you dayz.st is not the place you want to spend your money.

• Like 1

NOTE: This post was originally merged then put in the graveyard due to issues that an Admin felt appropriate to do so. He suggests that because he can't unmerge posts I repost my message.

It's nothing new to hear that Dayz.st are once again being DDoS'd for the 5th time that week (or twice in one day as I've experienced), but what some of you may not be aware of is their poor customer support..

On their IRC today, I logged in and noticed dozens of unhappy customers all asking the same questions, as the service had been down for a good few hours and the only updates were on dayz.st's twitter account saying the same thing "DDOS attack" ... So I ask, "why is my server down again and why hasn't this DDOS issue been dealt with yet?".. Then , an admin calling himself TOKER (he's always doing this btw) decides to lock the IRC channel from all customer input:

Cannot send to channel: #dayz

<toker>: this is a community channel, for official support email admin@dayz.st

<toker>: good night

He does this everytime, every single time I'm on the channel and he's around, he'll do this when people complain enough. I've complained to Ersan about him, but he ignores my complaints too. wtf?

He did this, not because of my comment but because EVERYONE was complaining and rightly so. The service is constantly being DDoS'd, you get ignored or mocked when asking questions in their IRC, you sometimes wait days for a reply by email and since they moved database around my server and loads more have suffered massive lag, even though the move was supposed to make things faster.... My server is slower than ever before, goes down 2-3 times a day , and sometimes stays offline for up to 6 hours..

Now , for $30 a month and for someone who ONLY complains to them after my server has been down for 2 or more hours... Should I be putting up with their poor and childish support ?

ADDED: The server is back online now, but I can't upload my mission file which I was in the middle of doing when it first went down. Apparently this has something to with DDOS countermeasures.. WTF?, why didn't they put this on before? How long will this be down? (I ask on their IRC and immediately get attacked by their brown nosing suck ups).. Fix this shit Ersan or kiss another client goodbye, I know for a fact you lost 3 yesterday because two of them were my friends and one was a regular I recognised.

Edited by urbanskaters
i removed some formatting as it was unreadable for users of the default theme.
  • Like 1

If this is the norm there, it's a wonder they have so many users to begin with.

• Like 2

If this is the norm there, it's a wonder they have so many users to begin with.

As I've said to Esran in emails (very polite emails where I try to reason with him) , that the only reason I and others use his service is for the map tool. The minute another provider comes up with something equal or better, people will move over. I said this on his IRC one evening and even the dayz.st supporters agreed with me. Their fancy admin panel and map tool are all they have going for them. Right now, not even that is working though.. My site has been down for 7 hours now..

A cryptologists with more than 30 years experience in the industry even tried to give them advice on their IRC, but he got heckled and had to leave. I feel real bad for him, at least he knew what he was talking about. If they mock someone like that , what chance do I have ? lol

Apologies, I had to merge the threads as they are on the same subject.

Due to the way the forum works its time based. Apologies for the "thread hijack" I will see if a senior mod can juggle the postings to reflect the jist of the original thread.

Bear with us.

orlok, by the way, the developers can thank you...there is no way in hell I will purchase the standalone, you couldn't pay me to play it. This is because of your actions and your actions alone.

Fair enough. Why you spite your self due to your dislike of me is baffling though.

PS stop with the pointless troll posts as I or another mod will give you an infraction/holiday if they continue.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Ah, but that's their loss, in the end. I understand that the map tools are reason enough for you to stay there, and I hope that another provider can offer it soon. My only advice is try to avoid the toxic community they apparently have.

Also, seems like you both made the same thread at the same time, again. At least this time, the posts have merged in a sensible manner. Aaaaaand it looks like Afew is flaming staff once again. I don't know what I was expecting.

orlok, by the way, the developers can thank you...there is no way in hell I will purchase the standalone, you couldn't pay me to play it. This is because of your actions and your actions alone.

Oh no, what a tragedy. You were such an iconic part of our community, it'll be such a shame you won't be joining us. I'm not going to let this thread devolve the same way the previous ones did; if you're going to simply throw crap at the people trying to keep the forums tidy, you'll simply be removed.

Edited by Rage VG

That's your choice and loss. Orlok's actions have no effect on the release product of the Standalone. And yet, you have failed to give any reasoning to why his actions have caused you to do something so silly.

I actually feel like I'm being trolled here. I didn't even see the other guys post and when it appeared here again I thought I was tripping. Time for a pizza and some tea! :P

Screw this. This place is not worth my support. Orlok, sit on it and rotate bud. You sir, are a piece of shit. Don't even need to bother banning, I won't be back. No worries.

As stated previously, and I will keep to my damn word, you have lost this company a sale. While it is one, it is a sale none-the-less. I refuse to support jackoffs. There is no place for people like you in this world. People like you have been the downfall of every screwed up event since recorded history. Mindless wandering zombies. Really, that is what you people are, legitimate zombies. No power of thought. No intellectual process. Nothing, just simple regurgitation of mainstream sayings, and political correctness. No uniqueness. Just an infection the world needs to rid itself. Sick people, you are sick people. I won't even convey what I really think of you in my mind, because it is past the scope of this type of communication. While you may think it is "over-the-top," I put you up there with people like Stalin, Hitler, and all the others. Same type of thinking. It is just sad that I have to share the same Earth, Air, and Water with you.

Screw this. This place is not worth my support. Orlok, sit on it and rotate bud. You sir, are a piece of shit. Don't even need to bother banning, I won't be back. No worries.

As stated previously, and I will keep to my damn word, you have lost this company a sale. While it is one, it is a sale none-the-less. I refuse to support jackoffs. There is no place for people like you in this world. People like you have been the downfall of every screwed up event since recorded history. Mindless wandering zombies. Really, that is what you people are, legitimate zombies. No power of thought. No intellectual process. Nothing, just simple regurgitation of mainstream sayings, and political correctness. No uniqueness. Just an infection the world needs to rid itself. Sick people, you are sick people. I won't even convey what I really think of you in my mind, because it is past the scope of this type of communication. While you may think it is "over-the-top," I put you up there with people like Stalin, Hitler, and all the others. Same type of thinking. It is just sad that I have to share the same Earth, Air, and Water with you.

Oh, so it's just an attempt at a troll. What a waste of time.

• Like 1

Oh, so it's just an attempt at a troll. What a waste of time.

No, this isn't a troll. I'm more than pissed. I am speaking my mind.

And thus, nothing of importance was lost.

Now that we're free of this nuisance, back onto the topic.

Urban, are there any competing providers you could go to, and suggest they look into a map tool?

No, this isn't a troll. I'm more than pissed. I am speaking my mind.

I asked you to tell us why you feel that way about orlok. He has done nothing but do what he does normally each day; you are the first to be pissed at him.

So, because you never gave any justification...your post is, well, pointless.

Now that we're free of this nuisance, back onto the topic.

Urban, are there any competing providers you could go to, and suggest they look into a map tool?

I'm hoping a few more companies find a similar solution to this and meanwhile I'm always open to suggestions.

Is it hot in here, or it just me?

Well I have no interest in server hosting, so I don't know of any, I'm afraid.

Hello there

I would find it interesting to hear from the folk at dayz.st to find out what their side of the story is. Was it a glitch in standards? Is it enforcing their rules in a far too draconian way? Could some customer support training have helped?

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

I would find it interesting to hear from the folk at dayz.st to find out what their side of the story is. Was it a glitch in standards? Is it enforcing their rules in a far too draconian way? Could some customer support training have helped?

Rgds

LoK

I'm sure we all would, but according to OP I'll grow a magnificent beard before that happens.

• Like 2

I hope they respond too. Would be good to know they're listening to their customers for a change.

• Like 1

I hope they respond too. Would be good to know they're listening to their customers for a change.

Well, even if they do, I wouldn't stay with them. Which reminds me, if you have any sort of evidence, such as screenshots of the abuse or screenshots of your e-mails to him, add them to the first post. It's good to have evidence to back you up.

Either way, I dedicate my chocolate cake in your honor. It shall be delicious.

• Like 1

Hello there

proof such as screen shots does carry a little more weight than "anecdotal" evidence. Ill also get that other post out of the way.

Rgds

LoK

As I said in the original post, they never answer my emails. Posting what I sent them here, would be no different to what I've already said IMHO. I do feel Orlok that you are trying to undermine my legitimate complaint with your recent posts (that's just my opinion, don't take it personally or lock my post), you may think that my post was purely "anecdotal" but people don't have to believe me or take my word for anything (that's their free choice). Go sit in the Dayz.st IRC room for a few hours when the servers are down and see for yourself. sign up for an account with them and see how often these issues arise, then try to complain about it, see what happens. I'm just giving my account of my experiences, hopefully others who have had the same issues will come forward and back me up , if not , no big deal..

I'm not lying about this ..!

Rage VG, thank you. :)

• Like 1

I think two separate people posting the same thing serves almost the same purpose as a picture. It seems to work in court for murder trials, I would imagine it would be the same on a game forum. I came here researching server companies, and I know now not to go with dayz.st. Thank you afewgoodzombies and urbanskaters.

Edited by korriaa1984

I do feel Orlok that you are trying to undermine my legitimate complaint with your recent posts (that's just my opinion, don't take it personally or lock my post), you may think that my post was purely "anecdotal" but people don't have to believe me or take my word for anything (that's their free choice).

Nope, not trying to undermine you whatsoever. (plus I dont lock posts for folk having a differing opinion from me!)

But, any and all reports by their nature are anecdotal, thats why i put it in "comments"

What I like is a balanced and fair view. If the chaps at day.st are as bad as you say then its a poor show indeed. But there are two sides to every story and I would like to hear theirs. It doesnt mean they are right or wrong, I'd just like to hear all sides.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
grammar

As I said in the original post, they never answer my emails. Posting what I sent them here, would be no different to what I've already said IMHO. I do feel Orlok that you are trying to undermine my legitimate complaint with your recent posts (that's just my opinion, don't take it personally or lock my post), you may think that my post was purely "anecdotal" but people don't have to believe me or take my word for anything (that's their free choice). Go sit in the Dayz.st IRC room for a few hours when the servers are down and see for yourself. sign up for an account with them and see how often these issues arise, then try to complain about it, see what happens. I'm just giving my account of my experiences, hopefully others who have had the same issues will come forward and back me up , if not , no big deal..

I'm not lying about this ..!

Rage VG, thank you. :)

That's fine. If you're certain this abuse won't be the last, I'm happy to take your word for it. Although, a picture is still better than words, even if there are multiple instances of people complaining ;D

But I don't get why you are thanking me o3o If it's for the cake thing, the cake was a reward in itself c: