Sign in to follow this  
kriegar69@gmail.com

Incentive to rent servers

I have an idea to give people more incentive to buy servers and help contribute to the people making this mod and server owners.

If everyone had to pay a small amount (say 50p) to gain access to that particular server for 1 month and it was implemented across all servers then if that server has a lot of traffic it would more than pay for the server and dayz could say skim 10% off the top since they dont charge for the mod id say thats a small amount to ask.

This isnt a lot for 1 person to pay but if you have say 100+ people visiting a 50 slot server then its going to make it much easier on the person renting the server and then the people on dayz make a little profit every month too.

This would also create loyalty to a server and people would start to get friendly more often rather than just server hopping for loot and going bandit mode everywhere.

Tell me what you guys think of this im interested to see what the public think of this

I just sicked.

Why does everyone have to think "what's in it for me?" for absolutely every damned thing they do.

I just sicked.

Why does everyone have to think "what's in it for me?" for absolutely every damned thing they do.

Excuse me?

Do you think its easy for the developers to bust there ass for no reward' date=' do you go to work every day and say nah keep the pay i dont need it?

I dont actually own a server so this isnt a selfish thing, however I do host multiple other game servers and i manage a fleet of servers for the web development company i work for so I know how expensive it can get.

Why should 1 person pay a lot of money for you to play on their server when everyone could pitch in a very tiny amount of money to help out and considering they are playing something that they are playing a mod thats free.

Look at blizzard for example, they charge like £9 a month or something so you can play their game, suggesting that people pay 50p per month isnt exactly going to break the bank.

Are you really that poor that you will even notice 50p leaving your account.

[hr']

This idea means that they could fund more servers and that makes things better for the community and makes it easier for developers to worry more about development than how they are going to keep up with the growing community.

It also means that the servers wont be laggy due to them being oversubscribed, id pay 50p just for the lag free experience never mind all the other advantages

To be honest i would be absolutely flabbergasted if Rocket didn't gain anyhting from dayz..

He's making ArmA 2 sell 10 times more then they did when it came out..

+ he's a Dev for ArmA 2 so.. It's a mod for a game! You bought the game, so u payed for it anyway.

If u really want to give Rocket money, ask for his paypal and give it to him!

Instead of asking to make servers pay 2 play..

Anyone think this is a valid idea or am i just crazy?

Pretty crazy in my opinion' date=' the dev team isn't the mafia I don't think rocket wants 10% of any income raised.

Are you really that poor that you will even notice 50p leaving your account.

Not everyone has as much money to spend on games as you, Richey Rich. Most people have families to support.

"Not everyone has as much money to spend on games as you, Richey Rich. Most people have families to support. "

How in the name of fuck does that make him rich exactly? 50p isn't a vast some of money, i know guys who have family's an play Wow an do perfectly fine i have my own house bills and what not but 50p coming out of it every month won't do it any damage...

This isnt really to benefit rocket directly this is to help the community, fuck its 50p and people dont even want to contribute that to help the community out, would you rather have shitty laggy server or pay 50 fucking pence to get a range of decent high quality servers and get a more stable gaming experience?

Im guessing that the people complaining about this are poor ass kiddies that sit in their parents basement all day doing fuck all but moaning about shit

thats a point actually, look at xbox live and world of warcraft they charge like £8 per month for their subscriptions... and why do they do that? to support their fucking servers.

If you think 50p is too much to ask then what about the people paying £60+ for servers? should we not be helping support these people or are you too selfish to give a fuck about anyone else outside your poor worthless existance