Sign in to follow this  
jzznn

Which vehicles have you been?

Hi guys ! I've created this thread, for everyone shows which vehicles you have been.

DAY 09/05/2012

First Vehicle of the day, left behind , because we didnt have enough stuff to repair it.

2012050900002.jpg

Our usually vehicle:

2012051000001.jpg

In the parking lot waiting for others to log out.

2012051000004.jpg

Other car as arrived, keep waiting for the rest, off road wins again.

2012051000006.jpg

Share yours ! I'll update with more pics.

Very cool.

Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of parts needed to repair a car/heli?

We had a Huey, a motorbike, a boat and a pickup truck.

Found 2x quad bikes but didn't have all the wheels we needed to fix them.

Pah, ATVs. I used to love the idea of running over the lands of Chernarus on a quad bike, kicking up dust in my trails. After a week of driving one, I hate them with a passion - the damn things bounce and flip like crazy and it feels more like I'm riding rodeo than driving a vehicle. Others might love them, but me, I'm now passing them up every time.

For recon/scouting 'one-man-necessary' missions, FREELANCE prefers the Dirt Bike. Incredibly agile and awesomely nimble, the bike's perfect for nipping through the debris-laden towns where a large piece of rubble would stop a car in its tracks. It reaches jaw-dropping speeds of ~140km/h downhill, and consistently moves so quick bandits will have a hard time picking you off. Obviously, the lack of cover leaves you a little exposed if you have to slow down - but countering that is simple: you just don't slow down.

For group-orientated supply runs, it's the Camouflaged UAZ. Capable of seating five men, the UAZ performs well both on and off the road, and the camouflage makes it incredibly difficult to spot when hidden in dense woods and forests. This is perfect for driving close to the target town/city, hiding the UAZ, looting and pillaging supplies and then returning back to the vehicle - that's if you can remember where you parked it, because no-one's going to be able to spot that thing!

For 'towing missions', we choose the Pickup Truck. Our spare vehicle parts are all loaded into this truck, ready to move out if one of our scouts spots a broken down car/bike/helicopter. Once located, it's simply a case of driving down to the target in a survivor pair, repairing the damaged vehicle and then bringing them both back to base. The offroad capability makes the Pickup ideal for crossing through hills and forests to the target vehicle (thus avoiding the main roads, if need be) and we've had no problems so far with the Pickup's ample trunk space.

All in all, we've got (across multiple servers):

3 Camo'ed UAZs (Jeep)

1 Standard UAZ (Jeep)

1 Pickup Truck

2 White UAZ (Car)

1 Dirt Bike

1 ATV (Quad Bike)

1 UH-1H (Helicopter)

I'll get a couple of pics for you later tonight. :P

EDIT: Here we go...

Mcdw3h.jpg

PmksMh.jpg

Nice. You have yet to find SUV and BAF Offroad which are in game as well.

Nice. You have yet to find SUV and BAF Offroad which are in game as well.

Mmm, we're keeping our eye out for them. However, we're pretty happy with what we're running with now; we've got more than enough vehicles to handle the jobs we need to do and we know there's only so many vehicles for survivors to play with.

Unless we lose a car now, we're pretty happy with leaving the rest behind for the others. Don't want to get too greedy now. :P

i had a baf offroad until some update dont remember which one . i thought it was hacked because it spawned ammo and refill fuel every restart

Photo of some members of our group near our heli , enjoy :

arma2oa2012051423511399.jpg

Sorry. I havent been any vehicle yet.

Just kidding.

But yeah. Have had UAZ and one volga. Both were destroyed. They were on the RU server so it didnt matter anyways.

Photo of some members of our group near our heli ' date=' enjoy :

arma2oa2012051423511399.jpg

where are our uaz's?

hehehe

What do you do with a vehicle?

Can you put them in your inventory? Leaving them in a hiding spot until you log back on seems a little silly.

Can you put them in your inventory? Leaving them in a hiding spot until you log back on seems a little silly.

Vehicles are working, you have an option to save it, then if server restarts it will save at the place you left it!

Vehicles are working' date=' you have an option to save it, then if server restarts it will save at the place you left it!

[/quote']

Oh okay, so if I save my cars position and then log out, it will disappear until I log back in?

People can steal your vehicles while you're offline if you don't hide it well enough.

I wonder if my shitty Lada is still there, we dumped it in the first bit of woods we came across, then I couldn't get back on the same server the day after. I'll probably find it with all its wheels removed and set on fire.

I haven't seen ONE vehicle, operable or operated, on any server. Only been in game about a week, though.

L

Found a kind of yellow colored UAZ Jeep in a totally random spot in the woods, backed up against a tree. It was operable and had an exact half tank of gas, so I think it spawned there like that.

Have found 2 or 3 UH-1H wrecks. One was actually on the northwest area of the northwest airstrip. Other two were in areas of open grassland. Unfortunately there were no zombies or loot at them.