Sign in to follow this  
johnymst

Zombies ignoring/not attacking

Hi There,

Recently, I got banned from a local server that I play on (whitelisted).

I found it very strange as I did not brake any of the rules whatsoever - The server admin informed me that I was banned because the zombies were NOT attacking me...

Well fine, he could have thought that I am using some cheats to be safe from zombies but this is not the case.

I have this strange bug every now and then and I am not really sure what it's caused by. Few people confirmed this happening to them aswell - no matter what FPS you have or if it's a day or night. Zombies just ignore you when you are walking beside them or attacking them.

Sometimes they try to attack me but I get the cause no damage to me...

Any opinions on this? Help would be appreciated.

Date/Time: 25/04/ / 1am

What happened: Zombies were not attacking me

Where you were: NWA

What you were doing: Looting barracks etc

*Current installed version: 1.7.6.1

*Server(s) you were on: Private whitelisted server

*Your system specs: EVGA GTX 680 / i5 -3570K / 32GB XMS DDR3 / z77 MSI Mpower Mobo

*Timeline of events before/after error: Happens occasionally on all servers. I believe this is a bug caused by the new Version 1761.

This has happened to me as well, in my case I have to get right up to a zombie in order for it to notice me.

This was in full daylight.

this happened to me a couple times a few months ago, once was at NWAF there were zombies around but they would never aggro on me and the other time I can't remember where I was but same stuff. It was all pretty random and everything else was fine, no desync with good ping etc.

so I don't know if it's happening more often with the new patch or if it's just an old bug

Edited by Chris529

you in a ghillie suit? sometimes the stealth bonuses given by ghillies make you a real ninja.

you in a ghillie suit? sometimes the stealth bonuses given by ghillies make you a real ninja.

Happened in Ghille and in Civil clothing. Pretty sure that clothing is not really the issue in this case.

Yes, I'm sure this bug would have anything to do with your FPS or system specs.

Well, certainly not in my case (50FPS + )

I joined a server about a week ago, everything was normal until I snuck up on my squadmate and was shot in the face. I died but instantly respawned standing on my own corpse with no gear. From that moment on I was invisible to zombies, they could not see me. I drew no aggro, I was never attacked and firing my pistol drew no attention from them. I reported it to the admin and was told that he had no idea and to run with it. He assumed it was server lag and wasn't properly receiving my position data. It could have been just that, or YOU'RE A GHOST!

I joined a server about a week ago, everything was normal until I snuck up on my squadmate and was shot in the face. I died but instantly respawned standing on my own corpse with no gear. From that moment on I was invisible to zombies, they could not see me. I drew no aggro, I was never attacked and firing my pistol drew no attention from them. I reported it to the admin and was told that he had no idea and to run with it. He assumed it was server lag and wasn't properly receiving my position data. It could have been just that, or YOU'RE A GHOST!

Haha, you went to the extreme ! :D Everything seems correct with my character... No Idea what it is but certainly I was banned incorrectly! Currently I am battling with the th*ck admins just to prove they're wrong... Soooo annoying

I've had this a few times, I think its server side like Bloodtrozor suggested. Incorrect POS data not triggering the zombies seek-and-eat scripting.

Happens to me alot, was a shock at first fired a lee enfield at some guy in elektro and no zombies come running.

Could well be a result of addon scripts the admins added to their server - if the server you were banned from is a private one. For instance, I experimented with making zombies run faster, and I had their speed set so high that evidently my server CPU could not calculate both the increased speed and AI and thus most zombies would not attack when I ran by them. I think that this can also happen if max local zeds is increased too high in the variables.sqf.

It's also happened to me. I'd be playing with a friend, they would aggro the zombies and I could stand still and not be attacked. Also when playing alone I would find that zombies would not spawn around me.

I used this to my advantage, if I saw a zombie that meant another player was nearby as they would not spawn for me.

This was a few months back, not happened to me on this patch.

It's a glitch. Sometimes the zombies are unable to damage you or will just downright ignore you.

That admin is obviously not so great, you're better off finding another server.

This used to happen all they time when I was playing with friends the zeds would agro my friends and completely ignore me no matter what I did. I always have the zombie face on so I would always joke and say I had been accepted by my zombie Brethren

• Like 1

I have that power I find it hilarious that I have the ability to traverse NWAF panicking about Aggro only to realise any Zombies I aggro cant locate me anyway due to my Positioning not being there to them

When I notice that Z are no attacking anymore I relog immediately and write it in Chat for the admins.. Not sure if someone run a hack on you or it´s a bug.

Edited by NoCheats

About a week ago, I aggroed a zombie, but it didn't attack me. It just ran up to me and stood right next to me. I'm guessing that's desync.

I love it when that happens. It was so bad that I was firing off a Lee Enfield in the center of Berezino and no Zeds even bothered to approach me. I figured this was on account of them feeling bad for me. Zed-1 to Zed-2: "(groan) yeah, don't bother with that survivor, he's going to kill himself anyway, falling off the cliff at the quarry"