I think if we did away with the zig-zag altogether, we'd have a much better game. I mean, if they are hungry, they're not going to lollygag about. They're coming right for you!

TKJ

I don't mind walking zombies in addition to normal zombies, the mod is too easy as it is if you aren't a retard, biggest danger is other players.

I'm in favour of adding large groups of walking zombies but only if the runners remain in the same kind of numbers they are now, like perhaps every town will have a large group of super sensitive walkers that hear gunshots from much further away.

I agree with the walking zombies mixed in with the sprinters. sprinters chasing you as you round a corner you find a group of walkers blocking your path.... maybe give the walkers a greater chance to knock you out for a second making them a threat even though they are slow.

A walking zombie (and/or a jogging zombie) with alot more hp. Crippeling legshots and instant death on headshots. But non of this would be scary or difficult if you will find all the ammunition and weapons lying around. Less ammo would make an encounter with one walking zombie much more difficult. And a running zombie would be terrifying, if i'll only kill it with a headshot or empty a clip to the body. More horror less action.

You guys been playing enough to notice the changes with the zombies lately? ;)

To be honest though, thinking about why exactly people shoot each other so much, one thing is really that the zombies are so insanely fast, I would honestly prefer much slower zombies, but more of them, and in a more horde/swarm-minded fashion. Plus hordes of migrating zombies going from town to town!

If they were slower people wouldn't be so afraid of going to loot a few more supplies for each other. Scavenging in a town would still be dangerous, if you make enough noise or get seen they'll still swarm your location meaning you bug out or set up a defence. Today everyone just bottle-neck the zombies in some building, because that slows them down to normal speed instead of warp speed, so either way people are "bypassing" the fast zombies, let's just make them normal zombies then. There can still be some fast runners in-between though but they should be slower than the current.

I'm confident that if zombies and their behaviour were tweaked we could severely limit the amount of random killing. It would also encourage people to work together more instead of preying on each other to survive just a little longer. It also wouldn't make the game less hard, on the contrary it would make for a better and more challenging game-play.

I find it really annoying how if you aggro a zombie and a bunch chain with him, you're basically screwed. You can run to the end of the Earth and they'll still be chasing you. Most people would just quit the game or disconnect instead of let themselves die. The player needs more options when it comes to getting away so please make it easier for zombies to lose sight of you or that after a time they don't want to chase you. It's just not very fun currently.

zobies with guns is a no go for me too. I would like to see slower zeds and the stamina of players decreased so the zeds still have a chance.

Tweaking zombie AI? Sounds like you may wish to click the link labeled "Zombie AI" below! I have opinions! (Some of them might even be good!)

i like the zigzag, it makes them a lot more dangerous, if anything we should try to get them to run in doors

then zombies can really start becoming dangerous

no walking only zombies. maybe zombies run off a stamina progression and no super speed, but besides that zombies that run are a great challenge

Can someone name me an apex predator that walks when it could run?

I just want to point out that humans are only apex predators when using tools/weapons/traps. It's pretty much impossible for a human being to kill another large animal with just our body. Before humans developed tools to kill with we were not predators. The zombies in this game do not have weapons. Perhaps they have super strength, but you can't call a weaponless human an apex predator. Of course when a human wields a firearm or another sort of weapon then we transform into an apex predator. But would a human without a weapon run up to a lion or a bear and take it's food? Essentially, the zombies who are weaponless and can die from a single firearm shot, are running at the true apex predator in Dayz, the survivor with a weapon, and attempting to eat them. So logic doesn't work here with regard to apex predators. I think the zombies in their demented state might still run at even an armed human because they're blinded by some sort of hungry rage and ignorance, not because they're apex predators lol.

Would you really describe a human as an apex predator if we couldn't use tools? No. In fact, we kinda suck at everything execept complex manipulation and higher intellegence. Strip away that, and you have a slow clumsy being. Even if humans were augmented by the virus/infection, it would be limited by the original body structure of the host. Not all of them are going to run like Usain Bolt, especially the infected who may of had a couple two many pies during their life. In fact, the fast majority of them don't have the muscular, nor skeletal structure to propel them at the speed seen in the alpha.

To be honest, the infected dogs would probably be the apex predator. Humans are not apex predators. Not naturally anyways

Would you really describe a human as an apex predator if we couldn't use tools? No. In fact, we kinda suck at everything execept complex manipulation and higher intellegence. Strip away that, and you have a slow clumsy being. Even if humans were augmented by the virus/infection, it would be limited by the original body structure of the host. Not all of them are going to run like Usain Bolt, especially the infected who may of had a couple two many pies during their life. In fact, the fast majority of them don't have the muscular, nor skeletal structure to propel them at the speed seen in the alpha.

To be honest, the infected dogs would probably be the apex predator. Humans are not apex predators. Not naturally anyways

You may be forgetting thousands of years of evolution. According to popular theories, primitive man was originally a hunter/gatherer. If we can believe the scientists, it was soon after we began to cook our meat, that our jaws and teeth grew smaller and our brains grew bigger, most likely because the meat was easier to chew. More energy gained (consuming the cooked meat) from less effort spent (the chewing and digesting of raw meat) perhaps got our ancestors to thinking more and planning more. The spear, the axe, the knife, fire, language and teamwork are all tools to make life easier. Less time hunting and gathering, more time thinking up ways to make life easier. You see where this is going?

All animals specialize. Cheetahs are the fastest land animal, yet they can only sprint for short periods. This is a specialization. Current human specialization is abstract thought and adaptability. And as true as your point is, that Homer Zeds wouldn't run like a Jamaican gold medallist, Homer Zed would have died of starvation long before you offered him the opportunity to munch on you. The fast running and physically fit infected, without the ability for abstract thought to rely on, would probably rely on their adaptivity instead. Being more likely to remain alive because of speed and ferocity.

Humans are very naturally apex predators.

I mentioned in a previous post Id like the option of choosing an outbreak type at the beginning of the game.

I'm a fan of traditional zombies myself and Anyone who thinks they are too easy is dead wrong.

Traditional zombies aren't quite so spread out and often collect in hordes. They're a little quoted and can surprise you around a corner, and they can't be killed by a gunshot just anywhere, you have to get that headshot. But hey, of you find it too easy, it could be an option, you could choose a type of outbreak at the start of the game.

Homo Sapiens

Thats right, zombies that are traditional.

Currently, Zombies are almost impossible to lose once they turn from a staggering mob to Sonic the Hegehog, moving faster than you run yet slower than you sprint. The only real option is to run inside a house, making them begin walking. This is very tedious, and also pretty meta-gamey, because you are abusing bugs to survive. Sure one could just turn and shoot, then get cornered and knocked down, then stunlocked until dead, but then again, you die.

Traditional Zombies are almost always in a large group, and will shamble towards you, like a writhing mass of death. You can outrun them, hide from them, and maybe if you are lucky kill them. But forget abut their presence will leave you a dead man. By tripling the spawn rate of zombies, and the spawn cap aswell, these walking zombies will pose an equal threat to the players, and will use up more ammo if alerted, they will also be able to be lost, thus making this a big element change, with stealth becoming more prominent.

Walking Zombies would be a great change for the better in my oppinion, both aesthetically, gameplay wise and maybe difficulty-wise, if their damages/health were upped a fair bit aswell. Maybe an increased item drop rate from zombies will give an incentive to players to take on a hoard.

tldr - Walking zombies are better, vote for them today.

Where do you get your information, mate? Traditional zombies are people who are killed and resurrected by voodoo magic!