jdtherocker

g36c not sure if its a great gun

Hello everyone, I was walking along the fields headed to nwaf on foot (didn't want to attract players with car noises) and I was happened upon a helicopter crash site. I had a dmr in hand and a m16a2 with the m203 in my backpack, I dropped the m16a2 and took the g36c, was this a good decision by me or should I have stuck with the m16a2?

edit: my secondary is the pdw automatic pistol

Edited by jdtherocker

It's a quality gun, and I like the sound of it. If you didn't have any 40mm grenades for the M203 there's really not a whole lot of difference between the two aside from the sights.

Cheers

update: I passed a fal not realizing it was the really good one with the nightvision optics by the helicopter crash site and my friend picked it up. Hopefully I didn't make a bad choice witht he g36c

You'll have plenty more opportunities to make both good and bad choices. It's just loot, you'll get more! Enjoy your time out there--and stay safe.

Cheers

G36c good for short range, less clumsy in close quarters. M16 better over range and easier to be more acurate over further distance due to a finer iron. Pretty much the usual dif between carbones and ar's

The sights on the m16a2 w/m203 are misaligned, therefore the m203 is about all that is going for it. G36c is a quality weapon in close/mid range combat and will compliment your DMR.

The Fal w/ NV optics is a poor weapon as you cannot turn the sights off night vision mode.

Personally, between the two carbines (M4, G36C) I prefer the G36C. I find the iron sights easier to use for myself, it sounds like a cannon, and not to mention just the entire design of it is nice. I also use it as one of my main weapons whenever I play airsoft, so its pretty nice in my opinion.

Personally, between the two carbines (M4, G36C) I prefer the G36C. I find the iron sights easier to use for myself, it sounds like a cannon, and not to mention just the entire design of it is nice. I also use it as one of my main weapons whenever I play airsoft, so its pretty nice in my opinion.

heh than its probably a good thing i took it now i have every range covered. sniper for long distance work. g36c for medium range urban and the pdw for close range as well

I honestly don't like the G36. It doesn't have that great of range and isn't the greatest for PVP. I'll choose the G36 over an AK but that is about it. For just killing zombies the rifle is decent though.

I prefer the M4A1 because I'm familiar with the sights(my father has an AR-15), and I have an easier time anticipating the recoil. The G36C is still a solid choice.

• Like 1

Am i the only one who finds the ironsights are horrible on the m16a2? The granade-thingy is just a pain to look through...

Hello everyone, I was walking along the fields headed to nwaf on foot (didn't want to attract players with car noises) and I was happened upon a helicopter crash site. I had a dmr in hand and a m16a2 with the m203 in my backpack, I dropped the m16a2 and took the g36c, was this a good decision by me or should I have stuck with the m16a2?

edit: my secondary is the pdw automatic pistol

The G36C Camo is a really nice, pointable CQB weapon in my opinion. When using standard ammo, put the tip of the front sight on your target's neck - and you're good for 100 meters or so. When using SD ammo, say a prayer, and put the tip of front sight on your targets pelvis - to get a headshot out to about 75 meters. For a crouching target with SD ammo, the tip of the front sight should be on it's feet. I like the G36C, but it has limitations at distance, and seems very loud.

It's okay, but not great, it has iron sights that block your vision slightly and it's 5.56. Better sights than many weapons I should add, but still not the best. 5.56 means several shots to kill. Definitely not "great" when you can have an M14 which takes 2 and frequently knocks people out.

I have been killed with a G36C, I had an Enfield, it was about a 200 meter fight. I saw him sneaking up behind me, turned around and fired, missed and got shot, it made my aim start swaying, I fired two or three shots back but missed again due to the shaky aim (close misses I may add).

Even though I got killed that doesn't give me confidence in a 5.56 weapon. I still was able to return multiple rounds very close to him. If he had shot me with an M14 or an Enfield I would probably have gone down immediately.

It's definitely not bad, it's just not great mostly due to the sights.

However you did good dropping the M16A2/M203 for it, that gun has terrible sights and does the same damage. Don't drop a normal M16A2 for it, though.

Edited by Gews

Heh i agree about m4 > g36c but.....

Fal > akm

• Like 1

I'd prefer an AKM - easier to find and does more damage.

Considering you can only find the g36c at crashes, I'd much rather come across a FAL at a crash sight as opposed to a g36c - the only problem is ammo. With the g36c being able to use STANAG ammo, you shouldn't have too much trouble keeping stocked up. FAL ammo is obviously quite a bit harder to come by.

It does a bit more damage I believe than the M4 or AK74 variants which use STANAG or 30 rnd AK mags -- but nothing to write home about. AKM does more damage, and is fairly common (along with the ammo).

I'd prefer an AKM - easier to find and does more damage.

Sa58 CCO ftw.

• Like 2