pbrunk

Question about non Chernarus maps

Could someone give me the low down on all the maps that aren't Chernarus.

Which ones are good?

Which ones do you play?

What are the differences between them?

thanks GUYS :beans:

Namalsk is smaller (like 7x7km) but you have winter cold conditions which sap your temperature, threats other than players and zombies, and a wider variety of weapons.

Taviana is massive (600 square km) with two large main islands, many smaller islands, actual cities hundreds of meters wide - big enough to get lost in, and the .eu version has different weapons and headshot only zombies.

Celle is about the size of Chernarus but flat, has a river, the autobahn and many, many weapons not found in stock DayZ.

Oh ... and I enjoy them all, that is the problem!

Edited by Saethkept
  • Like 1

thanks, that was exactly what i was looking for

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/109569-index-of-dayz-community-mapsmods/

Dunno which are the most popular nowadays though. Taviana, Namalsk, Panthera and Origins are probably still up there. I've seen a lot of talk about Breaking Point recently though.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

damn, i had no idea there were so many. beans for you

hello there

Lingor!

My favourite.

Basically there are loads of A2/DAYZ islands. The best place to see if an environ suits you is youtube. Plenty of Arma info is there and I daresay a few DAYZ vids as well.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Lingor!

Second.

I love Lingor. The jungles around the northern area, the desert area around the southern airfield. There are so many dynamics to consider and so many hiding places. My only complaint with Lingor is the rocks, I know the rocks on Chernarus can be deadly but the rocks on Lingor are actively trying to kill me.

• Like 1

In order of the most popular maps right now we have:

Chernarus

Taviana

Namalsk

Lingor

Panthera

Celle

Fallujah

then a fair another 10 or so maps with a very small amount of servers running it, or none at all.

I suggest you give Namalsk a go, even if only for a short while. It's probably one of the coolest maps out there, there is a bigger emphasis on survival, and it has a 'stalker' feel to it which can make it scary at times. Lingor is also a great map, along with Taviana if you want a lot of PvP

• Like 1

Taviana is pretty good. I only stick to chernaurus when i play on my laptop it seems like the other maps isnt very optimised very bad fps etc.

DayZcommander is great for checking out the popularity of a map before downloading it. When you open up the mod/map download part it shows how many servers there are for each different map/mod. Sadly a lot of the maps hardly have any active server.

Could someone give me the low down on all the maps that aren't Chernarus.

Which ones are good?

Which ones do you play?

What are the differences between them?

thanks GUYS :beans:

I like Namalsk. Gives a very hardcore challenge and the blood suckers are scary.