imjustthatguy

Want to increase FPS in dayz

Okay so i do not understand. i get a considerable amount of FPS on sp for dayz and arma but whenever i play mp i get horrible FPS. im talking about 15 in rural areas and 5-10 in urban cities. I dont know if its my computer, the bandwith maybe? But i tried all these methods like changing the values in the notepad and adjusting video settings and gamebooster but it only helps a little bit. I dont know if its my graphics card, maybe processor? i would buy anything to upgrade so i can run this game faster but i dont know specifically what to upgrade. i have nvidia gt 630 gpu and a amd anthlon 64x2 dual core processor. Any more info ask and ill tell you, HELP AND THANKS IN ADVANCE/

mostly everything on high. but i did try it on low, on medium, and on very high and high quality gives me better fps! i heard its because it uses more of the gpu portion and i used high quality on singleplayer and i have no problem

Its the server. You'll find a good server sooner or later. Obviously if the game runs just fin while offline, then something is up with online. Be it your connection or the hosted server. Nothing you can do.

okay then what servers would you recommend me joining? and if theres anything to improve my performance what should i buy? a better processor or gpu??!!

Try: texture, object and terrain detail on high, video memory on very high.

Set HDR quality to normal.

Disable everything else.

Also, slide visibility down to about 800m.

Should get you some decent frame rates.

The GPU you have is perfectly fine for this game.

• Like 1

what about my processor? Is that any good?

No, your processor is the problem. A dual-core just isn't enough to cope with DayZ. Ideally you want a 3Ghz quad-core. Your graphics card is also quite weak but your main problem is the CPU.

I'd recommend making sure that post-process effects and anti-aliasing are disabled. Try everything else at normal.

It depends on what socket type you have on your mother board.

Athalon 64x2 comes in two sockets (three actually but one is very rare)..... am2 and 939

Check the specs on your mother board (if its an off the shelf computer lookup the model to see what mother board it has) .... and figure out which socket you have.

If you have am2 I would go with: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819103727&gclid=COa1ia2J4rYCFUff4AodOEsAFA

Its the phenom x4 .... pretty decent CPU for $100

If you have the 939 I would go with: A new computer, your looking at what, 10-15 year old tech there? Your not going to get much better than what you have in a 939 motherboard (you could get the top of the line athlon 64x2, but you would still be sitting at a dual core with just slightly more GHZ and cache) not to mention your going to pay dearly for it (think $150 for the CPU your using new right now) because no one uses it anymore.

i have the am2 one! and my motherboard is an ECS Nettle2 idk if thats the problem or not?

is there any other recommendations for quad core processers besides the phenom x4 that will fit DayZ standards?

You may have to upgrade your BIOS before you are able to install anything higher than the Athlon.

The phenom is going to be about the best your going to get for a quad core on the AM2 socket.

i never heard of upgrading BIOS. How do i do that?

and how well would the phenom preform compared to my current anthlon 64x2?

Dayz itself and maybe every server are capped at 1200 - 1600 view distance - i don't see any reason to touch that slider at all and Video Memory should be on Default

Honestly i think a lot of people on the forums here are just advertising GPUs and CPUs - your cpu is fine man - the video card - yeah maybe little weak but not a big problem , the client side problem is the zombies(how they move , spawn etc.) and maybe some other "code" stuff - our PCs just can't handle some things of the mod as they are right now , the server side issue are the servers themselves - some servers just run on 20 fps and are bad - on others i have 70 fps and in cities 35-40

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6 Ghz GTX 260 SP 216 4 GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram Win 7X64

Btw after 1.7.6 dayz start to run very smoothly for me , they fixed some stuff AFAIK

The other important thing is that command line : -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi atleast for me

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi

-malloc=jemalloc_bi

-malloc=tcmalloc_bi

-malloc=nedmalloc_bi

try these too- and see what's the best for you

Also in the game video options i put terrain and objects detail to low and very low and if you have Vsync on - turn it off

sry for my eng btw :D

Edited by VALVe-DnB

Well if you buy new CPU or whatever new part - yes the game will run faster , but Dual core's are still good for a lot of games

i dont know your cpu speed - if it's 2 ghz or around that it's kind of bad- you could overclock your cpu to around 2.9 - 3 GHz

btw in the video game options put shadows to high - especially the shadows will draw you back if you put them on lower setting - cuz their processing then is calculated by the cpu and not he gpu - so you need them to be on high and you should defrag the partition that Arma 2 is installed on every week atleast

Well if you buy new CPU or whatever new part - yes the game will run faster , but Dual core's are still good for a lot of games

i dont know your cpu speed - if it's 2 ghz or around that it's kind of bad- you could overclock your cpu to around 2.9 - 3 GHz

btw in the video game options put shadows to high - especially the shadows will draw you back if you put them on lower setting - cuz their processing then is calculated by the cpu and not he gpu - so you need them to be on high and you should defrag the partition that Arma 2 is installed on every week atleast

its 3ghz but still slow and i noticed that i always have some settings on high it runs faster but at like 15 fps i want 25-35 fps which is the only drawback of this mod its so hard to get a good quality experience for me