leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

so my makarov should only need to hit 5 times instead of 6 on the chest... XD

Edited by jdtherocker

Zombie behavior is hit or miss for me. Sometimes they see me from a good distance. Sometimes I sprint past them and am surprised they do nothing.

Their biggest issue with me right now is the aggro/hitting through walls. You basically have to center yourself in a room or tent, otherwise you'll stir them up. This easily alerts other players watching your area.

Other gripe. I can't remember the last time I died by something other than an AS50/M107. I use to be killed by DMRs all the time. Now everyone and their brother has 1 shot kill weapons. :(

Edited by SteveLord

Zombie behavior is hit or miss for me. Sometimes they see me from a good distance. Sometimes I sprint past them and am surprised they do nothing.

This is by design Zeds have a random factor to ignore players.

Hitting tho walls has been disused 3 billion times.

I guess your talking about melee weapons it will change when our new melee systems comes into play.

Not really bugs could have been posted on skype.

* [NEW] - Servers date have been locked to give full moon nights.

Is that [A] date locked to prevent avoidance of the full moon when it is supposed to happen? Or date locked to make all nights full moon? I sure hope it is option A.

* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage") + 1 Random Start Item: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","HandRoadFlare").

So no backpack ... that's not too bad, if a little odd, given how common rucksacks are. No Makarov ... fair shout as well and hats off for the decision.

But ... random chance of no illuminating device at all? ... or zombie magnet flares which are much rarer than domestic flashlights?

Not fancying anyone's chances at night then. Oh unless its option B for the permanent full moon, in which case it won't even be night time. Unthinkable.

Sorry, but I'm getting something of a change for the sake of change feeling ... but that being said, this is lab rat alpha land after all.

However, some things really don't require 1.7 million lab rats to figure out their proposed effect.

I would love to wall-of-text about the many good things in the changelog, but it only takes one or two fundamental clangers to render it all forgettable. I'm really not sure about the night time and starting gear ideas, so the 1.7.6.1 build is definitely backed up and ready for reversion.

Amazing patch changes. Love everything about it. Can't wait for it to go live.

Thank you to everyone that is still working to improve this mod.

I hear that Razor is looking for testers so, help with that might make things go faster.

and when i say heard I meant He made a post about it somewhere on the forums

http://dayzmod.com/f...ng-for-testers/

Indeed, been on the test server myself, its looking pretty great, but they need more testers to just play, its the best way to find unexpected bugs.

Great stuff. Cant wait for the patch. Starting with a makarov wont boost kos. People who Kos dont care if you got a makarov or not. Keep up the good work.

You dont start with a makarov now anyway, atleast I dont think you do.

Yea we are adjusting a few items here and there.

The bigger news.

Zeds hitting through walls we believe is now fixed this is initial tests without any loss of power. fingers crossed :-)

Edited by Powell
  • Like 9

The bigger news.

Zeds hitting through walls we believe is now fixed this is initial tests without any loss of power. fingers crossed :-)

If that turns out to be true this will no doubt be the greatest update in the history of the mod. I hope you guys have success.

• Like 1

Ill update the thread with the testing info to attempt to direct people that are willing to test.

Great stuff. Cant wait for the patch. Starting with a makarov wont boost kos. People who Kos dont care if you got a makarov or not. Keep up the good work.

Perhaps, but they DO care if they have a makarov or not.

This Thread is Massive...

But for those of you who dont know

-The update might not be here for a long time :\-

This Thread is Massive...

But for those of you who dont know

-The update might not be here for a long time :\-

Why? When? How?

We have to wait for Dean to return.

there is no one that can possibly give this a pass?

As in say okay make it live

Too bad. Thanks for your efford anyway. :)

The update really sounds cool.

Edited by Ken Bean

there is no one that can possibly give this a pass?

As in say okay make it live

Probably not, since Rocket is the only person that can sign the *.pbo's with a valid BI key.

get his digital sig from everest xD

I'm hugely impressed by the way you guys have addressed the shortcomings of the previous patch: you are undertaking an extensive testing period and are listening to the community too; plus I think you may well have the balance just right re: zed's reactions/behaviour etc.

Have forgotten Cangate totally.