leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

if i'd my way you would spawn in on a quick unconscious time, cold & shivering on the border of infection with nothing, guess we can't have it all our own way? eh? by the by any chance of screen shots of the new more decayed infected?

That idea sounds great to me too.

if i'd my way you would spawn in on a quick unconscious timer, cold & shivering on the border of infection with nothing, guess we can't have it all our own way? eh? by the by any chance of screen shots of the new more decayed infected?

There already on the forums.

Makarov - small, weak and noisy dinner bell. Besides being junk that would be more useful gripped by the barrel and used as a bludgeon, the whole population of anywhere having a pistol is pretty implausible.

Club / Bat - melee weapon which is easily added to the game, like a hatchet that inflicts less damage and can't chop wood. Ideal for bashing zed-heads without advertising fresh meat.

Firearms should be earned, not handed out like sweeties. The whole point of a survival game is to feel that your very existence is under threat.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 1

You do know melee systems have more power then a pistol.

Just to point that out

• Like 2

There already on the forums.

we'll I tried searching and nothing came up for "new decayed". could you link me please? cheers

The Makarov is weak, noisy and implausible as starting gear for an average joe on the street. The whole feeling of defencelessness is part of the thrill of a survival challenge.

Melee systems also have a range of a metre or so and are available literally everywhere ... on every tree, furniture legs, fences ... you get the idea.

Edited by RN_Max

Its nothing to do with the mod Backstory, Ending is nothing to do with us at all you need to wait for SA.

What? That was hard to understand.

If you're saying that's a suggestion for standalone, why not apply it to the mod also? It would really change the gameplay and increase difficulty.

What? That was hard to understand.

If you're saying that's a suggestion for standalone, why not apply it to the mod also? It would really change the gameplay and increase difficulty.

Standalone will set the story not us.

Standalone will set the story not us.

The changes suggested don't set a story. He suggested them based on his version of the DayZ story, but we can still have those changes without a story.

OK ... Makarov out, big stick in? ;)

Just take the blade off a hatchet, lower the damage and disable wood chopping.

So how long until this hits the servers with its gooey awesomeness?

So far the biggest issues seem to be start gear and full moon nights.

True its not going to change much, but i feel it will just push new players towards the KoS mentality, Its like "Welcome to DayZ, Here's a gun, go and kill someone."

It doesn't matter either way when the first thing every player looks for is a rifle... :lol:

• Like 1

OK ... Makarov out, big stick in? ;)

Just take the blade off a hatchet, lower the damage and disable wood chopping.

then better take a crowbar

then better take a crowbar

@ Ken Bean:

I considered it, but the jimmy is Too "Gordon Freeman" and not that common to be honest, which is why I suggested the wooden stick.

On the subject of night time, there's little wrong with the game as it is. Some nights are brightly lit and others clouded over and really dark. Having that randomness helps build immersion. The moon even follows a lunar cycle, so there's light conditions for everyone at some point!

Heck, ArmA 2 has the best environmental system of any game, period, so why mess with it? I saw a rainbow over Stary Sobor last week! ...is there a pot of beans at the end in DayZ?

It doesn't matter either way when the first thing every player looks for is a rifle... :lol:

That doesnt mean we should encourage it even more.

That doesnt mean we should encourage it even more.

I don't think it will encourage it since a Makarov is an anti-zombie weapon to me, I consider it next to useless for PvP.

Honestly I'd rather have a hatchet than a Makarov, although depending on what they buff the damage to in the next patch (I'm hoping they keep it around 1600-1750, and 1911 around 2200-2300) that could change.

Edited by Gews

@ Ken Bean:

I considered it, but the jimmy is Too "Gordon Freeman" and not that common to be honest, which is why I suggested the wooden stick.

Yeah, hatchet would be too overpowered. But we don't know how they tweaked the Zeds. Maybe hey got a lot harder, so...

Anyway, we'd need a second purpose for the crowbar. Maybe opening stashes or sth. It's a little useless as it is currently.