Sign in to follow this  
rossymond

Your idea of the "perfect" server?

The thing with the AI as I have seen it is that it is very unpredictable. It may be incredibly stupid and incredibly OP at some points.

Is that not implemented in that Taviana map with the island you cant get into easily? Correct me if I am wrong (probs am) I havent played since January.

Vanilla DayZ with a few minor changes.

Reduced spawn on AS50/M107.

A supermarket / 2 small military tents in Kamenka to better balance out spawn areas.

Veteran difficulty

Crosshair OFF

3rd Person OFF

Nameplates OFF

Sweet and simple, a vanilla build with a few balance changes.

And maybe a barrack/Military tents at NE airfield or something around there.

The thing with the AI as I have seen it is that it is very unpredictable. It may be incredibly stupid and incredibly OP at some points.

Is that not implemented in that Taviana map with the island you cant get into easily? Correct me if I am wrong (probs am) I havent played since January.

I have found them stupid all the time!

Me and my buddy fly into Salvation City every day when its dark, loot the hell out of the place and then leave. We are metres from the AI and they dont even flinch.

The AI on my server, you only have to so much as glance at them and come within 2-300 metres and you die.

And maybe a barrack/Military tents at NE airfield or something around there.

Yeah, I forgot about NE.

I'd probably add a single barracks to sort NE out a little.

• Like 1

3rd Person OFF

I am really not sure though about this. Is there anyway to increase FOV from the server? That way 1st person would be much better.

I am really not sure though about this. Is there anyway to increase FOV from the server? That way 1st person would be much better.

All I know is, that if 1st person is enforced, I will never set foot in a vehicle again.

Driving 1st person just sucks.

If so, I'd certainly buy a private server and do all I can to enable it again.

The only reason I see why people would want 3rd person off, is to be seen less easy by the players they want to kill. I do not see dayZ as a game, that's goal is to wait on players and kill players. Therefor I dislike everything that encourages PVP but discourages Roleplay. Imo.. 3rd person + Aiming are the only 2 views needed... You run around in 3rd, but aim when shooting.

Shooting from the hip should have a HUGE disadvantage and you should not be able to hit at all.

i'm all up for a serious HC server no backpack one bandage and a flashlight, low military loot low backpack spawn. It makes you feel awesome when you find a patrol pack and an AK with a mag. Also rax at NEAF few more towns NPCS and higher spawn rate of bikes. Can't deal with 1st person only because i have to be in third person while running around it gives me a headache, 1st person in vehicles would be fun, also no name tags etc. And kill messages!

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

All I know is, that if 1st person is enforced, I will never set foot in a vehicle again.

Driving 1st person just sucks.

If so, I'd certainly buy a private server and do all I can to enable it again.

The only reason I see why people would want 3rd person off, is to be seen less easy by the players they want to kill. I do not see dayZ as a game, that's goal is to wait on players and kill players. Therefor I dislike everything that encourages PVP but discourages Roleplay. Imo.. 3rd person + Aiming are the only 2 views needed... You run around in 3rd, but aim when shooting.

Shooting from the hip should have a HUGE disadvantage and you should not be able to hit at all.

Its all a matter of taste I think, and thats all there is to it. There should be also a more "cumbersome" way of changing between 1st and 3rd.

If FOV could be increased server side on private servers in the mod then I would seriously contemplate getting rid of 3rd person. Is there any such way?

In a DayZ SA Devblog I think I cought a glimpse of an FOV slider that I was very happy to see.

Anyway we seem to be slipping off topic.

Edited by Zarniwoop

We currently run a hardcore Namalsk server on Expert settings, none of your n00b crutches enabled, we also have bloodsuckers and evr enabled.

There's only 16-18 vehicles on the map and you start with bandage,torch and painkillers nothing else.

Were currently getting high numbers so it's brutal pvp for those that can handle it, but tons of fun :thumbsup:

The Survival Operations Hard Corps server.

>Has ACE installed (Adds more guns/equipment than I can think of)

>Has ACRE installed

>Lower loot spawn rate

>Low amount of vehicles

>No 3rd person, nameplates, etc.

>No loadout

>No .50 Cals

>No NVGs

>Added FOBs across the map for diversity

>There's actual competition between players

>Amazing community

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

Whatever server, whatever map, whatever gear. If only people dont shoot oneanother and dont take what belongs to another.

The Survival Operations Hard Corps server.

>Has ACE installed (Adds more guns/equipment than I can think of)

>Has ACRE installed

>Lower loot spawn rate

>Low amount of vehicles

>No 3rd person, nameplates, etc.

>No loadout

>No .50 Cals

>No NVGs

>Added FOBs across the map for diversity

>There's actual competition between players

>Amazing community

Now that sounds amazing! I shall for sure check you out when I get back to DayZ in a few months!

Low starting gear. Extra towns. Player capturable bases. NPC's in town like they are resistance fighters.

You should come check out our server!